damn dude, you're a friggin hero for helping out so many people tho. hoping for the speediest recovery possible :beer:

as for NYC fuckidy fuck fuck fuck.... thank god they took tough action on the lockdown, even if it was too little too late it's still better than what most other places are doing.

• Like 8

@danshoebridge Like mesh said, you're absolutely a hero for helping so many people on the frontlines. Wishing you a speedy recovery and hope your wife will dodge the illness too.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I work in cancer care, so wasn't treating covid-19 patients directly - but of course there was no testing being done at the time so I ended up treating a number of pts that have since tested positive.

It's an unprecedented situation, although 2 weeks ago there were things we needed from the government: more tests, decent PPE, and a massive expansion of ICU beds. it's a shame they spent weeks faffing about with that herd immunity bollocks - at least they seem to be mobilising in the right direction now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

sucks you've gotta quarantine away from your wife while you're sick, hopefully it doesn't hit you badly and it passes quickly. NTS sessions at least tho... 🙂 and you've got WATMM!!!!! :nyan:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Worried about baph, hope he’s doing ok

Thanks, dude. I’m doing ok.  Still no breathing issues, which is the major thing of course.

I developed what seems to be a secondary sinus infection (which kind of runs in the family after getting a virus like a cold or flu) and that makes it a bit hard to gauge whether the initial thing is gone or still kicking around. I have gunk running down my throat and making me cough and giving me a sinus headache. I got some antibiotics in the mail today from my healthcare provider, so hopefully that kicks in soon!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, baph said:

Thanks, dude. I’m doing ok.  Still no breathing issues, which is the major thing of course.

I developed what seems to be a secondary sinus infection (which kind of runs in the family after getting a virus like a cold or flu) and that makes it a bit hard to gauge whether the initial thing is gone or still kicking around. I have gunk running down my throat and making me cough and giving me a sinus headache. I got some antibiotics in the mail today from my healthcare provider, so hopefully that kicks in soon!

Very happy to read this! No breathing issues = a big +++. Did you end up getting tested by chance just to know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Very happy to read this! No breathing issues = a big +++. Did you end up getting tested by chance just to know?

No, I’m still not tested. I tried going through an alternate route through worker’s comp insurance and got the same spiel. Nobody is getting tested unless they’re very, very sick or very, very rich.

Shit’s fucked up and bullshit.

• Sad 2

Yeah, is that ever f'ed or what....? One should at least have the peace of mind knowing whether they've had it or not... ugh

• Like 1

Just now, baph said:

No, I’m still not tested. I tried going through an alternate route through worker’s comp insurance and got the same spiel. Nobody is getting tested unless they’re very, very sick or very, very rich.

Shit’s fucked up and bullshit.

Just shows how much disarray our health care system is in. I heard that in RoK and Taiwan they've been testing people left and right. Why should it be so difficult for us to do the same?

More importantly though, glad you're able to actually still get on here and vent about it.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Just shows how much disarray our health care system is in. I heard that in RoK and Taiwan they've been testing people left and right. Why should it be so difficult for us to do the same?

i'm guessing one answer is they valued their public health resources much better than the US, where $$ buys access.

the reluctance to test people is a deliberate and scandalous strategy which vastly downplays the true nature of this tragedy.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i'm guessing one answer is they valued their public health resources much better than the US, where $$ buys access.

the reluctance to test people is a deliberate and scandalous strategy which vastly downplays the true nature of this tragedy.

so true. and it will help trump with his mission to reopen the economy too soon because "look at the numbers"

but it sounds like Dr. Fauci is trying to steer the orange pile of pig vomit away from that plan. but who knows? crazy dumb greedy shit is trump's wheelhouse.

what's also truly fuckt is that since the whitehouse didn't mandate lot's of production of all the things hospitals and care workers need the states are in bidding wars and haggling shit out w/companies trying to get all teh things they need. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

my mom sent me that today. didn't really do any of that w/my recent grocery trip. disinfected some things thoroughly but certainly not as thorough as his process. i guess next time i'll go all in. 

The number of people infected in Canada tripled in the last 3 days.  Exponential growth eh.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

my mom sent me that today. didn't really do any of that w/my recent grocery trip. disinfected some things thoroughly but certainly not as thorough as his process. i guess next time i'll go all in. 

I've started doing that!

things are not looking good here in France, the government is openly downplaying the number of cases, lots of peoples dying in retirement homes, gov is also openly lying about masks and testing (telling people that both are useless since the beginning of the epidemic just because, well, there's not enough masks and test are expensive...) Macron is still talking about european cooperation but this is a joke, EU is fucked, can't see how it could survive this crisis. I hope all is good for you and your loved ones fellow watmmers, stay strong and wash your hands !

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

RIP all of Sweden, wtf are you up to. 😢

12 minutes ago, Gocab said:

RIP all of Sweden, wtf are you up to. 😢

It's the grand herd immunity experiment featuring Corona Bob and the rest of the government. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

4 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

There's just no fucking way I'm going to be doing that. I wash my fruit and veg, which I was doing anyway, and that's it. When I was young my live was hugely controlled by OCD acts and this seems like just the ticket to reactivate those tendencies for me. Also when does one decide it's safe to stop doing this? Does this dude have a 3 part clean room system to enter his house? Because otherwise this seems pretty pointless anyway, he could pick up the virus with his shoes for example and it would be all over his floor, so if he drops something he would either have to discard it or disinfect it. Maybe I'm overreacting a bit but seems to me this dude is all about getting some yt views.

The Uusimaa region in Finland  (contains Helsinki and the metropolitan area and some smaller towns) is getting isolated for 3 weeks from the rest of the Finland tomorrow. I've almost ended up in quarantined regions before but never expected it to happen in Helsinki, ffs.

Have to just wait this out I guess. Wishing I could put myself in some cryostasis for 6 months. Anyway, busy coding now to keep the project I'm working on going.

Also probs a good idea to start limiting following the covid news a bit. Just check the essentials a couple of times a day.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Can't you just hang out in smaller groups? 

These guys are at my uni so they're all over the UK and three of them are international students so there's no option but to wait 😞

Edited by milkface

Can someone photoshop a facemask onto my av please? Little bit concerned about getting covid. fanx

photo-1262.jpg.1d148737ead6371b52a686379777f837.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Wait, what's happening in Sweden?