Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Looking at that flight map, I'm starting to think the US gov maybe wants to thin out their aging population?  That's easier for me to wrap my head around than the amount of stupidity required to keep that many flights in operation at a time like this.

• Farnsworth 1

^ - then who will keep the 'business-as-usual' politicians in power? It seems counter to their agenda, if there is one. 

Also, gotta say... I am seeing a lot of facemaskless avatars on this forum and am getting concerned. Y'all need to mask up!

the testing is still not enough in the USA. there just aren't enough. the whole state of oregon is under tested. we go tmore test kits and more labs are testing but it's a sit show of disfunction as it is in most states including california.  it seems uncoordinated and lacks the necessary data collection of the results to rely on for making good policy decisions. they're only testing people who are really sick and people w/some symptoms are told to go home and quarantine then many of those people come back after they're sicker. it's fucking weird way to move forward through this. 

this technology is pretty crazy

20 minutes ago, Goiter Sanchez said:

Also, gotta say... I am seeing a lot of facemaskless avatars on this forum and am getting concerned. Y'all need to mask up!

I don’t know how to shop one on mine ?

8 people have died in my father's nursing home from Covid. Not a huge place either.  Almost thought he had it, but it was a Urinary tract infection. Sad stuff

Edited by marf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

14 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

Putting dead bodies on a palette and fork lifting it like cargo :cerious:

Zany indeed, I even heard they were using an ice rink as temporary morgue someplace 

2 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

Putting dead bodies on a palette and fork lifting it like cargo :cerious:

for real ya'll? maybe the body was huge and couldn't be lifted? americans are fat as fuck yo. 

poor guy. sounds worked up and shook up. i hope he calms down and finds some relaxation for a while. 

also, wtf is happening in that clip? seems odd for lot's of reasons. normally bodies are put in those zipper bags aren't they?  

there's probably so much stuff on the internet like this (as usual) w/o any explanation and just someone jumping to conclusions and posting a video. 

if i could focus on any of the at least 47 music things i want to do i would do that but i'm feeling quite aimless and distracted. oh westworld has hit the torrents yo... 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

for real ya'll? maybe the body was huge and couldn't be lifted? americans are fat as fuck yo. 

poor guy. sounds worked up and shook up. i hope he calms down and finds some relaxation for a while. 

also, wtf is happening in that clip? seems odd for lot's of reasons. normally bodies are put in those zipper bags aren't they?  

there's probably so much stuff on the internet like this (as usual) w/o any explanation and just someone jumping to conclusions and posting a video. 

if i could focus on any of the at least 47 music things i want to do i would do that but i'm feeling quite aimless and distracted. oh westworld has hit the torrents yo...

Yeah man, same. There are actually tons of music projects I could work on in the studio, and been inspired to come with new ideas and concepts, but just can't manage atm. Cabin fever making me edgy and gross feeling. All this news is getting to me. Hell went for a drive and the empty streets were just depressing. Went to a Circle K to get a quick snack and soon as the clerk though starting coughing his guts out, I put the iced tea bottle back immediately and walked out the door. Nope, no way. 

Just gonna sit on the couch, read coronavirus subreddit, binge watch prime and make tv dinners. What summer it's gonna be.

1 hour ago, jules said:

You should have used his g-string 

I look like a mortal kombat character lol

The levity/laughs was much needed, thx guys

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

for posterity:

Just want to be clear - I understand how scary this situation is for us all, me and my wifey have been locked up and respecting all of the social distancing "recommendations" since they came out. I'm not trying to make light of the situation or downplay the severity and especially not offend anyone directly affected by this.

I think almost everyone is indirectly affected by Covid-19 at this point - we've all mostly had to change our daily routines, as introverted as us watmmers are. 

tl;dr hope no one was offended by this exchange over the last couple of pages - not trying to minimize something so serious or equate it to an avatar change. But this really brought me out of a p deep funk as I haven't had a real laugh in days. 

thx @Goiter Sanchez I've been pretty ah.. anxious and messed up over this situation, really appreciate it.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 7

• BCM locked this topic