IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

3 minutes ago, Soloman Tump said:

Can't help but think / worry that this will be the end of the EU project.

Don't. Just acknowledge you've been fed with the UK (tabloid) version of EU politics for many years. That's all you need. If the EU would fall, it would have happened right after 2008.

• Like 1

I think the way a country's officials do diplomacy is only loosely linked to the social practices that are habitual in it. The Dutch are rude, though, it's true, I think there is no nationality I had more impolite encounters with. But you lots are sailors so it's forgivable

NL = nur laut ?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, goDel said:

Might be difficult to hold two opposing ideas at the same time, I guess ;D, but YES the Dutch are very much able to behave like incompetent idiots on the international stage. And also YES, they know pretty well how to do diplomacy.

This is true.

I'm actually somewhat surprised at this gaffe, to be honest. One would think after the women and booze incident they'd learned to tone it down a little. Apparently not.

28 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I don’t think the root of the issue is Dutch rudeness. The Finns, Germans and Austrians are all aligned with NL in not wanting their bonds “contaminated” by less well off countries. However only the Dutch have taken the position that this is a play by France, Spain and Italy to get the Eurobonds they have always wanted.

Agreed, but you don't see the Finns, Germans and Austrians insulting the Italians and Spanish, do you? The adagium "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" applies here, I think.

2 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

NL = nur laut ?

See?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rhmilo said:

Agreed, but you don't see the Finns, Germans and Austrians insulting the Italians and Spanish, do you? The adagium "you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar" applies here, I think.

Maybe they have a soft spot for the Spanish and Italians, but remember Greece back and aroun '08?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, thebotmakes said:

All the Dutch people I’ve had the fortune to have met have been fucking legends.  All of them.

The Scots and the Dutch mingle well, I've heard. Scots are kinda like Brits but without the stiff upper lip. Makes a big difference. ;D

O and btw, I think it's just a bit silly some countries try to push through structural changes in times like these. And blame others for not playing along. This is not just about Dutch rudeness. It's also politics. There's plenty of short term solutions available. But no, we have to talk about those bonds. Will not happen guys. Lets talk about urgent and immediate solutions first. Feasible solutions.

Sorry for being Dutch, and all. Can't help it ... hehehe

;D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rhmilo said:

The Dutch are spectacularly rude. Always.

when i go to the dam

the dutch are always passing me j's

not rude in the least:)

My father tested positive, but no symptoms yet ?

I don't know what that means. Stupid amount of people have it at his nursing home. Like someone fucking infested the place on purpose

Edited by marf
  • Sad 8