IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

17 minutes ago, goDel said:

?

just tried to watch a few minutes of that and rump started talking about freedom in iran and real estate deals his friends were making "back then" and oh my fucking god this guy is the worst. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Brisbot said:

I doubt it, you have to spin 88 miles per hour to do that. Not an easy feat.

Plus, how’s she gonna generate 1.21 gigawatts? Unless she has the skills to harness lightning, it ain’t happening.

Also nice bit of contrarian fodder here: image.thumb.png.8db5e6ca4d8879f08260ea8963520974.png

However, the effects of the new coronavirus pandemic are starting to have an impact in badly affected regions, with sharp rises in the number of deaths in eastern France and the Paris area in recent days. Insee said 39,707 deaths had been registered in France excluding the Bouches-du-Rhône department between March 1-23 this year, compared with 39,141 last year and 44,443 in 2018. Online mortality data for the week of 21-27 March showed sharp increases from the previous week in several departments, with Seine-Saint-Denis up 63 per cent and Paris up 32 per cent. On average 1,670 people a day die in France, Insee said, although the number is higher in winter than in summer. In recent days, the French government has announced roughly 500 Covid-19 deaths in hospital per day, with more deaths from the disease registered in old people’s homes.

Edited by bendish

On a lighter note I just had a 2 beers, a glass of wine and the most fantastic, most furious of wanks

It was gloriously fabulous ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 2
  • Burger 2

17 minutes ago, beer badger said:

On a lighter note I just had a 2 beers, a glass of wine and the most fantastic, most furious of wanks

It was gloriously fabulous ?

How is that possible? Humans only have two hands. Maybe...

beer-hat.jpg

12 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

WTF @ Canada jumping from 13 deaths in one day yesterday to 52 today.   Total daily cases jumped from ~1,000 to ~1,500!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

☹️

Hmm? Canada is close to 200 deaths

oh never mind I think I gotcha, you mean the daily death rate. Yeah it’s only going to get worse in a couple days as cases “mature” (I’m sure there is a better word for that but haven’t had my coffee yet).

seems like our social distancing stuff is working a bit though when you compare to the US, France, Spain etc? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

Although most people probably don’t wear masks for this reason I understand it might help prevent the wearer from infecting others because at least it should block tiny droplets of spit that you spread when speaking? Guess just keeping ones mouth shut when in public would pretty much do the same thing...

I’m about to get on a tram and then a train and am considering wearing the mask a Chinese acquaintance gave me last week but I probably won’t have to speak to anyone anyway. 

3 hours ago, Upset man said:

Plus, how’s she gonna generate 1.21 gigawatts? Unless she has the skills to harness lightning, it ain’t happening.

yeah, the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gagawatts of electricity is lightning... and what are you gonna do, catch it in a bottle? lol.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

yeah, the only power source capable of generating 1.21 gagawatts of electricity is lightning... and what are you gonna do, catch it in a bottle? lol.

witches can do it... 

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Hmm? Canada is close to 200 deaths

oh never mind I think I gotcha, you mean the daily death rate.

Yeah, the fact we got a quarter of those overnight is disconcerting.  We've definitely done better with reducing numbers than many countries, but it seems to me like it's still set for exponential growth in the near future, whatever the reason.  Also BC (where I am) was quite a few days behind on a lot of these public safety measures.  

3 hours ago, user said:

Although most people probably don’t wear masks for this reason I understand it might help prevent the wearer from infecting others because at least it should block tiny droplets of spit that you spread when speaking?

Yes, this.  Or if you have to cough/sneeze etc.  I think most people are unclear on that.

Just now, Zephyr_Nova said:

Yeah, the fact we got a quarter of those overnight is disconcerting.  We've definitely done better with reducing numbers than many countries, but it seems to me like it's still set for exponential growth in the near future, whatever the reason.  Also BC (where I am) was quite a few days behind on a lot of these public safety measures.  

Yes, this.  Or if you have to cough/sneeze etc.  I think most people are unclear on that.

for me, wearing a mask is a reminder not to touch my face. also,  alerts other people who are perhaps more lax in their social distancing that they should stay the fuck away from me. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, ignatius said:

for me, wearing a mask is a reminder not to touch my face. also,  alerts other people who are perhaps more lax in their social distancing that they should stay the fuck away from me. 

Lol, I got cussed out yesterday when I accidentally got too close to some lady(didn't see them in my peripheral while waiting in line around a corner, she may have gotten close to me not sure), then the lady jumped back and screamed "Get the FUCK away from me! Six feet dumb fuck!"

It was so funny. Made my day really.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

NICE

• Burger 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

didn't know reptiles could get the rona...  

unfortunately, it seems that was a joke:

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/stephen-miller-coronavirus-hoax-tweet/

In the best of times on Twitter, it’s still difficult to discern what is legitimate news, what is satirical trolling, what’s just a bad joke, and what is malevolent disinformation.

In a pandemic, when stories are rapidly updating, it’s downright impossible. Now, people are falling for a comedian’s tweet that White House adviser Stephen Miller has contracted coronavirus.