IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

:cisfor:

So he doesn't feel stupid hanging out with "dictators". 

"Somehow sitting in the Oval Office, behind that beautiful Resolute Desk," Trump said, indicating he thought it would be uncomfortable wearing a mask as he met with "presidents, prime ministers, dictators, kings, queens – I don’t know, somehow I don’t see it for myself."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2020/04/03/coronavirus-trump-wont-wear-mask-because-foreign-leader-meetings/2945378001/

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

stable genius brain: "i got it. we can win them over with a joke about how i fucked models  back in the day"

dumbest motherfucker ever.  can't  wait  for him to  blame the models for being wrong.

Edited by ignatius

I feel terrible for saying this but having Trump as the potus during a time like this is like the perfect storm. If someone had described this scenario to me 4 years ago I would probably have believed the pandemic bit, although in no way I would be able to comprehend the far reaching consequences, and the ways, ranging from subtle to explicit, life would be different, I would've scoffed at the idea that someone like Donald Trump would be in office, like that would be the part making this scenario unbelievable and over the top. I think his behaviour and statements go to show that any decent elected official in a time like this would defer to the governmental structures that have been around a lot longer than they have, putting a strong emphasis on Trump's idea he's leading the US rather than trying to serve it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ignatius said:

for me, wearing a mask is a reminder not to touch my face. also,  alerts other people who are perhaps more lax in their social distancing that they should stay the fuck away from me. 

i asked for masks to my supervisor and he told us that: NO, no masks, cause then you'll be always trying to place it right and you end up touching your face more than without it... :facepalm:
captain also said it on an PA announcement...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, user said:

I feel terrible for saying this but having Trump as the potus during a time like this is like the perfect storm. If someone had described this scenario to me 4 years ago I would probably have believed the pandemic bit, although in no way I would be able to comprehend the far reaching consequences, and the ways, ranging from subtle to explicit, life would be different, I would've scoffed at the idea that someone like Donald Trump would be in office, like that would be the part making this scenario unbelievable and over the top. I think his behaviour and statements go to show that any decent elected official in a time like this would defer to the governmental structures that have been around a lot longer than they have, putting a strong emphasis on Trump's idea he's leading the US rather than trying to serve it.

What’s worse is that this is so fucked up and so far gone that he will be reelected and spin this further into oblivion. It’s beyond comprehension at this point

4 hours ago, user said:

1 hour ago, Stickfigger said:

To be fair , that has been the advice from the WHO; masks don't stop you getting it; only wear one if you have symptoms ; keep the masks for those that will need them . Also people wearing masks have been shown to increase their hand to face movements and people wearing gloves sanitise / clean their gloves / change their gloves less frequently than those without meaning the viral counts on their hands are higher at any point in time .  

But you can not show any symptoms but still be infected coughing and sneezing infecting everyone around you... It's not to prevent you from getting it, it's to prevent you from spreading it around... 

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

Beau here reminding us that the Trump white house is only focussed on PR. Shooting truth bullets.

Edited by goDel

From Field Commander John C. Lilly

To all humans
If you wish to control coincidences in your own life on the planet Earth, we will cooperate and determine those coincidences for you under the following conditions:

1) You must know/assume/simulate our existence in ECCO

2) You must be willing to accept our responsibility for control of your coincidences.

3) You must exert your best capabilities for your survival programs and your own development as an advancing/advanced member of ECCO's earthside corps of controlled coincidence workers. You are expected to use your best intelligence in this service

4) You are expected to expect the unexpected every minute, every hour of every day and of every night.

5) You must be able to maintain conscious/thinking/ reasoning no matter what events we arrange to happen to you. Some of these events will seem cataclysmic/catastrophic/overwhelming: remember stay aware, no matter what happens/apparently happens to you.

6) You are in our training program for life: there is no escape from it. We (not you ) control the long-term coincidences; you (not we) control the shorter-term coincidences by your own efforts.

7) Your major mission on earth is to discover/create that which we do to control the long-term coincidence patterns: you are being trained on Earth to do this job.

? When your mission on planet Earth is completed, you will no longer be required to remain/return there.

9) Remember the motto passed to us (from GCC via SSCU):

"Cosmic Love is absolutely Ruthless and Highly Indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mycospherologyst said:

From Field Commander John C. Lilly

To all humans
If you wish to control coincidences in your own life on the planet Earth, we will cooperate and determine those coincidences for you under the following conditions:

1) You must know/assume/simulate our existence in ECCO

2) You must be willing to accept our responsibility for control of your coincidences.

3) You must exert your best capabilities for your survival programs and your own development as an advancing/advanced member of ECCO's earthside corps of controlled coincidence workers. You are expected to use your best intelligence in this service

4) You are expected to expect the unexpected every minute, every hour of every day and of every night.

5) You must be able to maintain conscious/thinking/ reasoning no matter what events we arrange to happen to you. Some of these events will seem cataclysmic/catastrophic/overwhelming: remember stay aware, no matter what happens/apparently happens to you.

6) You are in our training program for life: there is no escape from it. We (not you ) control the long-term coincidences; you (not we) control the shorter-term coincidences by your own efforts.

7) Your major mission on earth is to discover/create that which we do to control the long-term coincidence patterns: you are being trained on Earth to do this job.

? When your mission on planet Earth is completed, you will no longer be required to remain/return there.

9) Remember the motto passed to us (from GCC via SSCU):

"Cosmic Love is absolutely Ruthless and Highly Indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

Just watch the K and dolphin wanking. ECCO’s patience ends with the latter. 23.

• Thanks 1

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/03/31/824560471/should-we-all-be-wearing-masks-in-public-health-experts-revisit-the-question

The research may not be conclusive, but researchers we interviewed agreed that mask use is better than nothing. "There are some modest data that it will provide some modest protection," Schaffner says. "And we can use all the protection we can get."

responding to ^

Thus far, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other health agencies have insisted the primary route of transmission for severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) is through the larger respiratory droplets, up to 1 millimeter across, that people expel when they cough and sneeze. Gravity grounds these droplets within 1 or 2 meters, although they deposit the virus on surfaces, from which people can pick it up and infect themselves by touching their mouth, nose, or eyes. 

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/you-may-be-able-spread-coronavirus-just-breathing-new-report-finds

the bigger droplets are the main culpret, as opposed to water vapor, which is voluminous in exhalation. it's those fucking close-talkers. and people with lisps. 

it's a respiratory illness. how many times are 2 dopes walking in relative proximity, and one dope coughs? by reducing the number of instances of such scenarios occuring in which the droplets complete the trip from dope A to dope B, boom, you reduce spread. there are many such scenarios. coughed droplets land on the hands of dopes, and the dopes touch things. reduce the number of instances in which droplets land on hands of dopes, boom reduce the spread. etc.

plus you're not gonna wipe your nose with your hand, unconsciously, if it's covered, etc

accumulate these statistical improvements and what you've got is a blow dealt to the spread. and, because of the exponential potential, any instance of decreased spread can and often does have a profoundly beneficial impact. so, an actually significant body-blow is a big win.

Edited by very honest