IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 minute ago, Squee said:

North Korean official reportedly executed for breaking coronavirus quarantine

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/north-korean-official-reportedly-executed-for-breaking-coronavirus-quarantine/

What are your thoughts on that? 

2 minutes ago, Squee said:

urn-publicid-ap-org-49bbd14a2b0046f8bdcd

Just for the sake of discussion though... I mean NK is probably as poorly equipped to handle novel viruses as many places in Africa. I wonder what the consequences would be for ignoring quarantine in the US? I remember a few years back a couple people were under mandatory quarantine for Ebola. What if they just tried to escape quarantine, would they be shot in the US?

I have no idea.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Just for the sake of discussion though... I mean NK is probably as poorly equipped to handle novel viruses as many places in Africa. I wonder what the consequences would be for ignoring quarantine in the US? I remember a few years back a couple people were under mandatory quarantine for Ebola. What if they just tried to escape quarantine, would they be shot in the US?

I have no idea.

Dunno, man.
It's North Korea so I don't think it's possible to talk about it from a normal point of view. I'm not surprised though. And I hadn't even considered how insane it would or could be if the corona virus got out of control in North Korea. There are 3 million people in Pyongyang, as far as I remember, and my guess is they don't have the best public health infrastructure, so I could easiliy see it going nuts fast.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dr lopez said:

i reallllly want this to fuck up the global economy

Why tho? This would affect lower and middle class workers and fuck their life up, great. Upper class will have same standard of living and might not be super hyped about the numbers this month but other than that experience no change in life. Won't hurt them. I'd rather see some important people get infected by the Corona virus. That'd be fun

Oh boy:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/three-italian-residents-test-positive-for-covid-19-coronavirus-12458128

In Northern Italy the virus has spread from a Chinese visitor who himself did not test positive for the virus (which apparently you don’t unless you exhibit symptoms). Three small towns are in in lockdown mode.