3 minutes ago, ignatius said:

didn't you hear? the impeachment is why trump admin couldn't respond to the pandemic well. they were busy w/the democrat's hoax. 

Oh yeah, Dems made up coronavirus and climate change as well. Until it happens, then it's conveniently forgotten.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after 7 days in a row treating 40-odd patients daily without any available PPE I unsurprisingly came down with coronavirus symptoms on Monday. All feels a bit weird at home as my wife (who also

grandpa in the ICU .. doctors giving him a 50/50 chance. oof. miserable.

Thanks Jules!

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Isn't there a thread or ten for retarded US politics?

I could post it on the Trump thread but would probably be told "Isn't there already a thread on the Coronavirus?" lol.

Just now, Enthusiast said:

Isn't there a thread or ten for retarded US politics?

There are at least four.

I got called out here once for using the term "retarded" though. If that same person can come up with a better substitute in this context, I'm all ears.

Edited by ambergonk
On 2/27/2020 at 7:04 PM, Lada Laika said:

Finally, Starcraft is back in the headlines. 

starcraft broodwar is more alive than ever in south korea. starcraft 2 however is dead.

11 minutes ago, whylessness said:

starcraft broodwar is more alive than ever in south korea. starcraft 2 however is dead.

I know that’s the popular meme but there’s a lot of new young blood and old KR pros returning from military service. The community seems especially vibrant right now and I’m really enjoying playing and watching it again. 

• Like 1

brood war or sc2? because flash, stork, bisu and other bw legends still play at a very high level; and the most exciting amateur (ex-amateur, now pro) is soma, a zerg brood war player.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04/should-you-wear-a-face-mask-heres-all-the-data-we-have/

could probably quote half the article with seemingly relevant data

but whatever

masks. wear them or don't. slight chance wearing one might help, sorta kinda a little, in a particular set of circumstances perhaps. maybe. probably not tho.

Spoiler

just remember: 100% of people who wear masks eventually die.

Spoiler

See the source image

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, whylessness said:

brood war or sc2? because flash, stork, bisu and other bw legends still play at a very high level; and the most exciting amateur (ex-amateur, now pro) is soma, a zerg brood war player.

SC2! I know that BW has always been consistently popular while SC2 has seen peaks and valleys but it feels like it's peaking in a way that it hasn't since like 2012 right now. 

God damn that's funny right now.

I see comments have been turned off due to too many coronavirus jokes... well, it had to happen, didn't it.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
6 hours ago, auxien said:

https://arstechnica.com/science/2020/04/should-you-wear-a-face-mask-heres-all-the-data-we-have/

could probably quote half the article with seemingly relevant data

but whatever

masks. wear them or don't. slight chance wearing one might help, sorta kinda a little, in a particular set of circumstances perhaps. maybe. probably not tho.

Reveal hidden contents

just remember: 100% of people who wear masks eventually die.

Hide contents

See the source image

Very good article. Thanks. ?

I found the following a bit surprising:

Wearing cloth masks resulted in significantly higher rates of infection, the authors found. They also noted that in their test, the cloth masks were only 3 percent effective at blocking particles.

Would’ve thought they’d be more effective. And less dangerous. Oh well ...

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1
10 hours ago, auxien said:

it's looking like this is gonna be one of those pages...

see y'all on 123

I bet p. 122 turned out differently from what you thought.

9 hours ago, ambergonk said:

One latex glove can theoretically yield 5 condoms

qft

Has anyone noticed a lot more birds around lately? I think they're going to take over. Hitchcock was right.

They are after all, the remnants of the dinosaurs. Maybe they've just been biding their time.

• Like 1

i wonder how many city pigeons are going to starve? their entire way of life has been upended. they probably dont even know what wild food they can eat.

33 minutes ago, BCM said:

Has anyone noticed a lot more birds around lately? I think they're going to take over. Hitchcock was right.

They are after all, the remnants of the dinosaurs. Maybe they've just been biding their time.

Yeah, I've noticed there are quite a lot of magpies, crows and seagulls on my backyard lately

Hadn’t noticed more birds than is usual in spring :shrug: though there are reports of other forms of wildlife becoming more daring, such as coyotes wandering the streets in San Francisco and mountain goats doing the same in Wales.

But re: pigeons, yes, apparently they are in trouble. Magpies, crows and seagulls are fine. They can either get food elsewhere or do things like steal from trash bags (which are still around). Pigeons, however, need garbage strewn on the street (including, get this, vomit from drunk partygoers) and there’s very little of that left. 

Edited by rhmilo
1 hour ago, BCM said:

Just the usual ravens in my neighborhood. They're gangsta af tho.

• Like 1
On 4/4/2020 at 3:06 AM, Stickfigger said:

I would argue though if you are coughing and sneezing on everyone that you are showing symptoms and yeah , wear a mask if you can't stop coughing 

You can cough for any number of reasons and sneeze because of allergies... I shouldn't have said on everyone though, it sounds like you can't stop... 

On 4/3/2020 at 10:49 PM, Mesh Gear Fox said:

tim where abouts is your boat atm? it's a cruise boat right?

Yeah we've been going once a week to Miami to get provisions and fuel... And then we drift around the coast in the meantime...