IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

On 4/8/2020 at 2:56 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Can we please just have a military coup already???

Please. 

And can it please happen in the middle of a white house press briefing? I want to see that limp dick fuck  either stuffed in a fucking bag while screaming like a baby or I'd like to see his fucking brains splattered over that disease-ridden podium.

Please.

that is a really disturbing thing to wish for

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, goDel said:

I can assure you that the reporting in the Netherlands isn't very positive about the minister who is taking part in these EU negotiations. The guy isn't suited to do these things. Or in other words, this hasn't got anything to do with a position, but it's more about competence. It's all pretty much in public. And even Germany seems to have a hard time supporting the "Dutch" approach. Which is a first, btw. 

Personally, I think this guys head is going to roll. Needs to roll.

Which reporting is that?

Volkskrant (vaguely left wing) is mostly in agreement with his position (but not with the manner in which it is put forth). 

The suggestion was made - in that paper - that government leaders will step in and hopefully work something out between them. Unfortunately Merkel already had enough of our government's leader's "childish" (her words) position on increasing the budget of the EU even before this corona thing hit, so success is not exactly guaranteed.

Not sure what will happen, actually. I can't see the Dutch not using their veto to block or Merkel agreeing to financial guarantees for Italy that don't come with any sort of restriction. We'll see.

Just now, darreichungsform said:

An eye for an orange makes the whole world gay

A very good outcome. Much better dress sense (much worse taste in music, though), much less macho bullshit and a drastic decline in population numbers because gay people just don’t reproduce that much.

Sign me up.

• Like 1

Though we in the West often think of some extrovert big mouth when thinking of macho. But look at places like Brazil or Mexico where this whole thing has completely different proportions. Seems beating up women and raping them is an accepted sign of virility for a considerable amount of men. I wonder why

Feminismus-Frauen-Frauenrechte-Lateiname

But kinda off topic

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Which reporting is that?

Volkskrant (vaguely left wing) is mostly in agreement with his position (but not with the manner in which it is put forth). 

The suggestion was made - in that paper - that government leaders will step in and hopefully work something out between them. Unfortunately Merkel already had enough of our government's leader's "childish" (her words) position on increasing the budget of the EU even before this corona thing hit, so success is not exactly guaranteed.

Not sure what will happen, actually. I can't see the Dutch not using their veto to block or Merkel agreeing to financial guarantees for Italy that don't come with any sort of restriction. We'll see.

Here:

https://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2020/04/08/zelfs-berlijn-ergert-zich-nu-aan-wopke-hoekstra-a3996318

Some good analysis (in Dutch).

His position wrt ESM is problematic. The eurobonds thing is clearly not something which will be achieved on a short term. The ESM solution however is something that needs to be done "yesterday". And his position - or rather, approach - is putting that in jeopardy. Literally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i mean, if i had a button that i could push that would do him harm, i wouldn't push it. but if something did happen to him, i would not feel sorry for him or his family one bit. they deserve horrible, terrible things. because they have done horrible, terrible things.

Yeah. This. 
I’m a pacifist and, if given the opportunity, I would never willingly do harm to anyone, even if I felt they deserved it. 
I just had an emotional reaction to turning on the TV and watching the coronavirus task force press briefing for the 30th time or whatever and it was too much for me to handle the blatant lies and contempt for humanity without Fauci up there (because they actively removed the only connection that administration had to facts, that we know of) and I kinda snapped. 
I do think that karma needs to step it up a bit tho. 100%

As far as my thoughts on whether a coup is a good idea or not, now that I‘ve had a night to sleep on it: I don’t know. In any other circumstance, I would say no / absolutely not / bad idea. But this is far from a normal situation. I never thought I would think it, but I guess I would kinda actually trust that the military would have the country’s well-being, security and better interests in mind more than the current leadership in our current situation (we have a literal pandemic and people are dying by the tens of thousands and the hospitals are overwhelmed and running out of space / medical equipment because they have to bid on these supplies in competition with other states AND with the federal government which drives up the cost of that medical equipment, effectively making SOMEONE a lot of fucking money while bodies are piling up so fast that they don’t have the time to embalm them and now they are actually considering burying people in public parks).

Whatever the case, I do believe our current leader is objectively making matters worse and people are dying as a result of his words and actions (... and he's also removing oversight on the allocation of relief package funds... which is basically like he's not only pouring gasoline in a fire but he's also leaving the backdoor to the bank open... and that bank is the bank that essentially has all of our bank account's in it).

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, timbre monke said:

I hear the Feds have been quietly stealing supplies from hospitals throughout the country, some that were recently ordered. 

heard the same. also not delivering on requests from governors. some governors anyways.. 

but just take zinc.. it'll be fine. 

Pretty sure zinc is used in batteries. Might as well be taking advice from a meth dealer.

I said it before, but we're better off sticking with vitamin C. And not smoking.

covid doesn't discriminate based on race, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, exercise of conscience or religion...

nu word on da street is that the virus is, after all, pretty racist... :doge:

Spoiler

at least, that's how it sounds, the way the media is putting it...

Edited by Tim_J

Just now, Tim_J said:

nu word on da street is that the virus is, after all, pretty racist... :doge:

To be accurate...

“We know that underlying conditions, like hypertension and diabetes and heart disease, this virus is particularly hard on,” Bowser said. “And we know that African Americans are living with those underlying conditions every day, probably in larger proportions than most of our fellow Americans."

Although the disparities have garnered national attention in recent days, some predominantly black communities have been rocked by the outbreak for the past several weeks — and not just in the nation’s urban cities.

Historically, when America catches a cold, black America catches pneumonia,” Albany City Commissioner Demetrius Young said last week.

Elected officials and public-health experts have pointed to generations of discrimination and distrust between black communities and the health-care system. African Americans are also more likely to be uninsured and live in communities with inadequate health-care facilities.

As a result, African Americans have historically been disproportionately diagnosed with chronic diseases such as asthma, hypertension and diabetes — underlying conditions that experts say make covid-19 more lethal.

...  black people might have been more exposed because many held low-wage or essential jobs, such as food service, public transit and health care, that required them to continue to interact with the public."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/04/07/coronavirus-is-infecting-killing-black-americans-an-alarmingly-high-rate-post-analysis-shows/?arc404=true

15 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

uhhhh, obviously obvs right... but the tabloids aren't accurate, they're sensationalist... yesterday when the news started first sentence was, black and latin people are more affected by the virus... they only went into the details on the full report...

Edited by Tim_J

32 people at my father's small nursing home have been confirmed dead from covid19.  He's positive but no symptoms for 9 days now

• Sad 10
  • Farnsworth 1

26 minutes ago, marf said:

32 people at my father's small nursing home have been confirmed dead from covid19.  He's positive but no symptoms for 9 days now

That's a terrible position to be in. Wish him all the best. But no symptoms for 9 days sounds like a good sign.

7 hours ago, rhmilo said:

much worse taste in music

What? Gay clubs were instrumental in the rise of techno. And if you want an incredible gay techno artist - Anthony Child!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

That's a terrible position to be in. Wish him all the best. But no symptoms for 9 days sounds like a good sign.

yeah. days 5 - 10 are when the first wave of symptoms typically happen. apparently there is like a second wave when people all of a sudden get slammed, after day 10, sometimes. but day 9 and no symptoms is good. that must be scary af, marf. i hope he pulls through.

Edited by very honest