Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well after 7 days in a row treating 40-odd patients daily without any available PPE I unsurprisingly came down with coronavirus symptoms on Monday. All feels a bit weird at home as my wife (who also

grandpa in the ICU .. doctors giving him a 50/50 chance. oof. miserable.

Thanks Jules!

Posted Images

Australia and Japan are essentially islands as well. It doesn't necessarily make it far easier. It certainly wouldn't have helped the US, you can't blame Mexico, Canada and Central Americans for exacerbating their predicament. Indonesia would still be suffering if it had the whole archipelago.

The Kiwis still have infected people arriving from a ship berth in Uruguay. It is their approach and maturity given the forewarning that makes the difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, caze said:

It also helps to be a small island nation in the middle of nowhere.

This shows very little understanding of the modern world.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roo said:

This shows very little understanding of the modern world.

Yeah thanks to modern air travel. The one "small island" exception would probably be North Sentinel Island in the Bay of Bengal, which is said to be home of the last untouched (and probably most xenophobic) indigenous tribe on Earth. In fact, my understanding is that it's illegal to go there at all. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roo said:
10 hours ago, caze said:

It also helps to be a small island nation in the middle of nowhere.

This shows very little understanding of the modern world.

Not surprising at all. Caze has repeatedly proven to have a limited understanding of the modern world.

Edited by darreichungsform
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Roo said:

This shows very little understanding of the modern world.

Don't be an ass. NZ's status as a small island nation in the middle of nowhere is clearly a factor in their ability to handle this crisis. If you don't realise this then you don't understand how the universe works. You mention Australia and Japan, but they prove my point, as they have similarly low rates of infection to New Zealand, in fact Australia has fewer cases per capita (slightly more deaths per capita), and Japan has significantly fewer cases per capita. Other small island nations like Iceland and Ireland have done better than their neighbors too. It's not enough to be a small island nation, you also have to have done the right things too, but it certainly helps.

  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, timbre monke said:

Yeah thanks to modern air travel.

There's not a huge amount of air travel going on at the moment you might have noticed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeffolia said:

if youre enough of a bourgeois person enough to shop at trader joes, its time to stop, theyre fucking CANCELLED, for union busting attempts

Never thought of TJ as bourgeois. I like shopping at Trader Joes. All the folks who work there seem like they actually like their job too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, caze said:

Don't be an ass. NZ's status as a small island nation in the middle of nowhere is clearly a factor in their ability to handle this crisis. If you don't realise this then you don't understand how the universe works. You mention Australia and Japan, but they prove my point, as they have similarly low rates of infection to New Zealand, in fact Australia has fewer cases per capita (slightly more deaths per capita), and Japan has significantly fewer cases per capita. Other small island nations like Iceland and Ireland have done better than their neighbors too. It's not enough to be a small island nation, you also have to have done the right things too, but it certainly helps.

Well then you can take all the Covid-19 infested cruise ships lurking around Australia's epic coastline at the moment if you like. "Middle of nowhere" and "small" are moronic descriptors, and it is not like this virus has been walked across the globe.

In terms of area, Australia is the 6th largest country, Japan is 62nd and New Zealand is 75th (both bigger than the UK), Ireland is 118th (barely a quarter the size of NZ). Australia, Japan and Indonesia are all G20 as well. I think you are projecting.

Edited by Roo
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

Not unless you BUILD A WALL

Has he built a wall on the Canadian border yet?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rhmilo said:

Has he built a wall on the Canadian border yet?

no because canadians are not minorities that are evil rapists.

Edited by President Squidward
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, President Squidward said:

no because canadians are not minorities that are evil rapists.

You should see what they do to mooses

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maple syrup ain’t used fer pancakes North O’ the border I tell ya. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Roo said:

Well then you can take all the Covid-19 infested cruise ships lurking around Australia's epic coastline at the moment if you like. "Middle of nowhere" and "small" are moronic descriptors, and it is not like this virus has been walked across the globe.

What do cruise ships have to do with anything I've said? And how are they moronic descriptors? NZ is about 4k km from Australia, 'middle of nowhere' is a perfectly valid descriptor. It's a lot easier to travel between Ireland and the UK than it is to travel between NZ and Australia, or NZ/Australia and most anywhere else. It's a lot easier to lock down an island nation than it is a landlocked one. Ireland sees a much much higher number of visitors per year than NZ does. This isn't a complicated concept, not sure how you're failing to grasp this.

Quote

In terms of area, Australia is the 6th largest country, Japan is 62nd and New Zealand is 75th (both bigger than the UK), Ireland is 118th (barely a quarter the size of NZ). Australia, Japan and Indonesia are all G20 as well. I think you are projecting.

I wasn't talking about the size of the landmass, the island of Ireland has pretty much the same population as New Zealand.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hail Sagan said:

 

china-bat-eating-soup-01.jpg?quality=80&

Coronavirus-undercooked-bat.jpg

 

fucking bats. nothing but disease carrying winged rats. corona is all their fault. donnie needs to tell the MAGA army to shoot all of 'em.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, prdctvsm said:

spacer.png

Dude's got his thruster pointed sideways; that way he won't get anywhere fast. :facepalm:

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...