IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

14 hours ago, bendish said:

Liberate America! These people are too stupid. Mass collapse and death coming. And yet Trumps approval is up. Amaze!

IMG-20200417-WA0001.jpg

My wife and I have been watching this as well, and are outraged. What Trump, Fox, and the conservative business owners who support them are doing by fueling a protest against this sorry ass excuse for "injustice" is absolutely maddening. This folks, is the worst he's done yet... Encouraging people to revolt against science and risk spreading a pandemic further to kill more people all in the name of him getting more circle jerk action from his base. This is like true dictator-from-axis-of-evil country level fucked up.

• Like 8

Must say I like the font. Execution looks fast and precise. Consistent straight lines. Nice round curves. Too bad she made a logical error. The "OR" should have been an "AND". Small detail though.

• Like 3

My wife and I have been watching this as well, and are outraged. What Trump, Fox, and the conservative business owners who support them are doing by fueling a protest against this sorry ass excuse for "injustice" is absolutely maddening. This folks, is the worst he's done yet... Encouraging people to revolt against science and risk spreading a pandemic further to kill more people all in the name of him getting more circle jerk action from his base. This is like true dictator-from-axis-of-evil country level fucked up.

After 4 years I really thought I was past the 'no way that's real' response to Trump tweets, but those ones still surprised me.

It's unbelievable really, some cranky old arsehole live-tweeting his stream of consciousness while watching propaganda on Fox, but he's also the president and it'll end up killing tens of thousands of people. I'm not American, but I am really, officially, over this bullshit now.

Guess we shouldn't only pile scorn on poor yokel evangelical deliverance types. The educated elites also sound pretty stupid in some cases as well.

20200419_130053.jpg

Edited by bendish
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Yes, Chomsky often makes the point how education elites and intellectuals are often talked up as some voice of responsibility and critical thinkers but in fact they more often than not adapt to the ideology of the authorities and perpetuate it, labouring in the service of power.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bendish said:

Guess we shouldn't only pile scorn on poor yokel evangelical deliverance types. The educated elites also sound pretty stupid in some cases as well.

20200419_130053.jpg

Man... wow.

Both of them should be dragged down to methadone mile, to share some nice needles with the fellow people that live on that street. They can be easily spotted in front of the Harvard Sqr T entrance.

If you can't look beyond your own nose to see that much of the problems that you see in the US right now is a systemic failure, then please hide in silence and don't ask people to fucking sacrifice themselves.

Think of a way to change the system, so it doesn't have these problems anymore.

Any luxury can be based on capitalism. Any basic needs for survival need to be publicly founded, NGO or whatever... These won't make money and they never should. They make our lives better... simple.

Edited by Psychotronic
  • Like 4

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/17/who-issues-warning-on-coronavirus-testing-theres-no-evidence-antibody-tests-show-immunity.html

WHO warning: No evidence that antibody tests can show coronavirus immunity

The World Health Organization issued a warning Friday about coronavirus testing, saying there’s no evidence serological tests can show whether a person has immunity or is no longer at risk of becoming reinfected.

“These antibody tests will be able to measure that level of serology presence, that level of antibodies, but that does not mean that somebody with antibodies” is immune, said Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, head of WHO’s emerging diseases and zoonosis unit

Great

• Like 1

Anyone get a chance to read the sunday times uk article on the tories absolute cock up on covid...I'd even go as far as suggest buying a copy. Incredible. And in the tory press as well. If they survive 5 minutes after a semblence of normalcy returns, the electorate is officially irredeemable.