IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, timbre monke said:

AFAIK hanami events have pretty much been cancelled this year anyway.

This is correct. People are even being told to stay home during Golden Week. Crazy times.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nebraska said:

Ha! take that rest of the world. we're winning and drinking bleach- meanwhile you guys are waiting for science to give you guys results

"Science is for Commies!"

Edited by timbre monke
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Trump says you can bring UV light inside the body through the skin or "in some other way."

Wonder what other way he was thinking?

you just melt the face first. 

giphy.gif

step one .. put on tt1pd

step two.. go outside in the sun.

Edited by ignatius
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

56 minutes ago, hijexx said:

Trump says you can bring UV light inside the body through the skin or "in some other way."

Wonder what other way he was thinking?

I assumed it was a golden shower reference.

• Like 3

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying of strokes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

Mocco, who has spent his career studying strokes and how to treat them, said he was “completely shocked” by the analysis. He noted the link between covid-19 and stroke “is one of the clearest and most profound correlations I’ve come across.”

“This is much too powerful of a signal to be chance or happenstance,” he said.

B27A85C91351C997813221A393B34EE025B82762

47 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Young and middle-aged people, barely sick with covid-19, are dying of strokes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2020/04/24/strokes-coronavirus-young-patients/

B27A85C91351C997813221A393B34EE025B82762

was reading about this earlier. pretty crazy. super small percentage of overall deaths but still. it's pretty weird based on the doctors descriptions. no symptoms but going to the hospital because of a stroke. finding blood clot in the brain.. doing the procedure to break up the clot while other clots form around the existing clot and person has a massive stroke. 

per the MD that's "weird". i guess the immune system runaway inflammation scenario could be part of it but w/o all the other symptoms it seems bewildering to sort out to a layperson like me. but if the MD is saying it's pretty weird then i hope they can figure out how to study it and get to the bottom of this. virus is a weird one. 

8 minutes ago, ignatius said:

was reading about this earlier. pretty crazy. super small percentage of overall deaths but still. it's pretty weird based on the doctors descriptions. no symptoms but going to the hospital because of a stroke. finding blood clot in the brain.. doing the procedure to break up the clot while other clots form around the existing clot and person has a massive stroke. 

per the MD that's "weird". i guess the immune system runaway inflammation scenario could be part of it but w/o all the other symptoms it seems bewildering to sort out to a layperson like me. but if the MD is saying it's pretty weird then i hope they can figure out how to study it and get to the bottom of this. virus is a weird one. 

A nurse friend said she was in the ER a couple weeks back and they had a string of strokes come in one night. Apparently, none of them had any clear reason why they would have had a stroke.

• Sad 1