IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

4 hours ago, goDel said:

I think you're exaggerating the differences between the costs of living in Germany and the Netherlands. It's not a night and day difference. Housing might be the biggest thing. Could be that on average the Netherlands is more expensive. But if you're going to a university in a city like Berlin, I don't think the difference is significant either. And odds are, foreign exchange students end up living in cities with universities. Which tend to be the bigger and more expensive cities. 

Berlin was very cheap by Finnish standards when I was visiting there and talking with my cousin who lives there, but on the other hand when I was offered a job in Munich I looked at the housing prices there and holy moly. Now I feel Helsinki prices aren't that bad.

• Like 1

Any Bald and Bankrupt fans here? He can be a little too on the nose but he also gets some of the most bonkers footage from places that no other travel YouTuber is going to.

Last I saw of him, he was tooling around a deserted Belarus with no mask and getting strange looks. He was very cavalier about everything. Lo, it came to pass and he def looks and sounds fuckin knackered. Not the same guy from the previous videos

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Berlin was very cheap by Finnish standards when I was visiting there and talking with my cousin who lives there, but on the other hand when I was offered a job in Munich I looked at the housing prices there and holy moly. Now I feel Helsinki prices aren't that bad.

Yeah, I happen to be based in Munich, and housing prices are completely absurd. You basically have to be a milionaire if you want to buy anything decent in the area. Everyone keeps waiting for the real estate bubble to burst, because it's been imminent for years, but it never does. Bit like new BOC album really.

It's pretty darn beautiful though. You got the Alps right in front of you, lots of lakes around the area, and it's just a stone's throw to Italy, so I love it nonetheless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, goDel said:

foreign exchange students end up living in cities with universities. Which tend to be the bigger and more expensive cities

Not necessarily. There are many small university towns that are dirt cheap and also cosmopolitan despite their size, especially in East Germany. Housing is extremely cheap there. Usually these places had more inhabitants before the German reunion and there is a surplus of often beautiful old apartments. On top of that, smaller universities are more familial and often offer better schooling as compared to the big universities that are good at research.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xxx said:

Any Bald and Bankrupt fans here? He can be a little too on the nose but he also gets some of the most bonkers footage from places that no other travel YouTuber is going to.

Last I saw of him, he was tooling around a deserted Belarus with no mask and getting strange looks. He was very cavalier about everything. Lo, it came to pass and he def looks and sounds fuckin knackered. Not the same guy from the previous videos

Yep, I was watching that yesterday. I'm curious what did he actually do to get it? He just said he wasn't careful enough, but in the videos it seemed he was more careful than the locals in Belarus. Like the old people in the countryside didn't give a fuck about the virus.

4 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Yeah, I happen to be based in Munich, and housing prices are completely absurd. You basically have to be a milionaire if you want to buy anything decent in the area. Everyone keeps waiting for the real estate bubble to burst, because it's been imminent for years, but it never does. Bit like new BOC album really.

It's pretty darn beautiful though. You got the Alps right in front of you, lots of lakes around the area, and it's just a stone's throw to Italy, so I love it nonetheless.

Munich is the most expensive city in Germany and still cheap compared to cities in the US, the UK and Canada and on a similar level as in - say - the Netherlands. But yes, it's hella beautiful. But fuck Oktoberfest. My brother used to live next to the Wiesn and it's awful. Bunch of rich people getting drunk on 10 EUR beers, raping and molesting each other, no thanks. I love Bavarian food though and food quality in general is definitely better than in the Netherlands *dickmeasure*

20 minutes ago, xxx said:

I thought: What a dickhead and then realised that his head actually looks like a dick

1 hour ago, zkom said:

As a tourist I thought Berlin was very cheap by Dutch standards as well. 

18 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Not necessarily. There are many small university towns that are dirt cheap and also cosmopolitan despite their size, especially in East Germany. Housing is extremely cheap there. Usually these places had more inhabitants before the German reunion and there is a surplus of often beautiful old apartments. On top of that, smaller universities are more familial and often offer better schooling as compared to the big universities that are good at research.

We get students going to the craziest of places. Where it is exactly doesn't matter just as long as they get to spend half a year abroad. Small provincial town in Austria? Check. Tiny universities in the Po valley? Of course! As long as there's other foreign students (they keep mostly to themselves) they'll pretty much go everywhere.

And foreigners, of course, do the same to us. My hometown, small, has a university and what Germans call a Fachhochschule, is also swarming with exchange students. Pretty annoying at the start of every school year where you have to be very careful as the roads are swarming with foreign students learning how to ride a bike.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, xxx said:

great guy, really enjoy his videos. glad he made it out okay

1 hour ago, Psychotronic said:

I was never good at techno.

https://psychotronic.bandcamp.com/album/get-online-get-psycho

But i will teach engineers at Ford pretty soon though. :cisfor:

Your application letter: Hello, I want to teach engineering. By the way, I'm German.

Answer: We wanna suck your wurst.

Your music sounds like Schranz in a parallel universe where this style of music is actually good.

39 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Munich is the most expensive city in Germany and still cheap compared to cities in the US, the UK and Canada and on a similar level as in - say - the Netherlands. But yes, it's hella beautiful. But fuck Oktoberfest. My brother used to live next to the Wiesn and it's awful. Bunch of rich people getting drunk on 10 EUR beers, raping and molesting each other, no thanks. I love Bavarian food though and food quality in general is definitely better than in the Netherlands *dickmeasure*

I thought: What a dickhead and then realised that his head actually looks like a dick

When I was living in Cologne, I always tried to leave the city during carnival season. Now, I'm always tempted to do the same for a couple of weeks in the summer. Fortunately, I live pretty far away from the barffest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Your application letter: Hello, I want to teach engineering. By the way, I'm German.

Answer: We wanna suck your wurst.

:dadjoke:

2 hours ago, dingformung said:

Your music sounds like Schranz in a parallel universe where this style of music is actually good.

Thüringen in a nutshell. Grew up there in the 90ies. :catrecline:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zkom said:

Yep, I was watching that yesterday. I'm curious what did he actually do to get it? He just said he wasn't careful enough, but in the videos it seemed he was more careful than the locals in Belarus. Like the old people in the countryside didn't give a fuck about the virus.

Well, there is usually not much travelling happening in the Belarusian countryside so they should be comparatively safe under normal circumstances. They are naturally under quarantine, in a way. Until some travel blogger who has been everywhere comes and brings all sorts of viruses. Would be interesting to know to how many people he transmitted it that died as a result or transmitted it to others, turning areas that haven't been affected as much into new infection centres. But at least he makes fun videos, right? And at least he is alright now, right?

Actually remember a video of him where some Belarusian babushka asked him why he is travelling in times of a pandemic and he answered something along the lines of: "Listen to your president, it's not that bad". What a shit head

Edited by dingformung

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

Well, there is usually not much travelling happening in the Belarusian countryside so they should be comparatively safe under normal circumstances. They are naturally under quarantine, in a way. Until some travel blogger who has been everywhere comes and brings all sorts of viruses. Would be interesting to know to how many people he transmitted it that died as a result or transmitted it to others, turning areas that haven't been affected as much into new infection centres. But at least he makes fun videos, right? And at least he is alright now, right?

Actually remember a video of him where some Belarusian babushka asked him why he is travelling in times of a pandemic and he answered something along the lines of: "Listen to your president, it's not that bad". What a shit head

I think he took relatively good precautions like refusing to hug or shake hands or come inside the house. At least what was shown on YouTube.

But for sure he's a risk taker and it was a matter time before something happened and I was already watching the videos and wondering how does he get away with all this? Not just physically dangerous things but traveling without a passport through military checkpoints in Chechnya and stuff.

Usually he films all kind of minute details but now there's no video footage or even photos of him getting to Serbia, getting sick, staying indoors, going to the hospital? And then he got saved by some Russian contacts because he's a friend of Russia? I think there are some missing pieces in this story.

• Like 2

yesterday i went to the store.. masked up.. distanced. saw people on the sidewalk w/masks under their chins. they looked like old friends who hadn't seen each other in a while..s topped and chatted and hugged.  then pulled their masks up and went into the store. 

this virus isn't going away any time soon. even here in portland where most people are being careful/safe/smart there's still enough people being dumb and careless to keep spreading it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dingformung said:

https://www.dw.com/en/coronavirus-germany-could-benefit-as-foreign-students-ditch-us-uk/a-54025218?fbclid=IwAR0KYngnc6fRtsniq-Q3UlPkP4vjAK0MLRh0VDJu7WeVHUs6ZEF_I2x8JBc

Coronavirus: Germany could benefit as foreign students ditch US, UK

Western universities are expecting a massive drop in international student enrollment due to the pandemic. Germany's zero tuition fees, top health care system and coronavirus response could help it weather the storm.

This article is the literary equivalent of

Obama Awards Obama a Medal | Know Your Meme

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, ignatius said:

this virus isn't going away any time soon. even here in portland where most people are being careful/safe/smart there's still enough people being dumb and careless to keep spreading it. 

I've been pleasantly surprised how many people in my neck of the woods here in Texas (DFW area) are following the mask order. makes it pretty easy to spot the trump supporters now, since they're the only ones walking through the grocery store without a mask on getting stared at...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, marf said:

Bald and Bankrupt got it from maybe one of those gorgeous women he always seems to have around

I did a bit of googling on him and there's some people that claim that he used to hang out in PUA forums and he's a sexual predator. If you Google "bald and bankrupt exposed" you get some Reddit threads with links and quotes. 

Then there's this piece on YouTube.. funnily enough related to Chechnya

• Haha 1

Ive been told by a Russian woman that Russian women generally prefer older men. 

I saw this guy basically get with a 19 year old with he blessing of her mother who was his age. 

1 minute ago, marf said:

Ive been told by a Russian woman that Russian women generally prefer older men. 

I saw this guy basically get with a 19 year old with he blessing of her mother who was his age. 

There are a lot of weird stereotypes about Slavic women around, most of them are sex related.

And socio-economics unfortunately play a role in choosing a partner. In their eyes he is rich. Russia and Belarus don't really offer much security to their population so they are more dependant on family economics. In Russia when you get old you get like 60 EUR a month pension. When you get unemployed you get 20 EUR a month unemployment. Having a rich partner can save you from potential misery. He uses these circumstances, maybe without being aware of the economics behind it

• Thanks 1

I don't think you get immunity either if you get this. Maybe for a month.

People are having parties to catch this thing.

It reminds me of the bug chaser thing. 

Where a bunch guys with aids pump death into some poor fellas warm hot ass

Edited by marf

The other allegations aside I find it strange that B&B can repeatedly go to f.e. Belarus with what I presume is a tourist visa and publicly post videos for near 2 million subscribers? The Belarusian government is super paranoid about undercover reporters getting into the country. The embassy doesn't Google the applicants name? And now he has some well-connected Russian people to save him from Serbia and he was also held in Chechnya so the Russian authorities must have some knowledge of him. There's just something that is not being told.