IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

9 hours ago, yekker said:

How many people on here have caught covid? There's gotta be some cases by now.

I hadn't been sick in yonks

but after I became an Irish citizen on March 02, 2020

I was smacked over the head and body for three weeks

tingly fingers and toes, phoggy brain, no appetite and all round not feeling well at all

and I never get sick when my family does

It was the worst and most sick I'd felt since I had pneumonia in March 2016 which almost did me in

there were three citizenship ceremonies that day with thousands of people

be interesting to find out how many new irish peeps

came down with the rona

I got tested for work last week and will be tested every week forward

I feel strong with anti-bodies

but the test only shows if you have the virus positive or negative

anyone up for a pool party rave?

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 3:47 PM, diatoms said:

I hadn't been sick in yonks

but after I became an Irish citizen on March 02, 2020

I was smacked over the head and body for three weeks

tingly fingers and toes, phoggy brain, no appetite and all round not feeling well at all

and I never get sick when my family does

It was the worst and most sick I'd felt since I had pneumonia in March 2016 which almost did me in

there were three citizenship ceremonies that day with thousands of people

be interesting to find out how many new irish peeps

came down with the rona

I got tested for work last week and will be tested every week forward

I feel strong with anti-bodies

but the test only shows if you have the virus positive or negative

anyone up for a pool party rave?

'member that the physical world is only part of the world

and that we are living in a big dream with no particular logic

and that all there is is the eternally transforming present moment

and that physical life consists of compulsive cycles

which constitute physicality

but reality is more than that

there is no death and no birth

all is one, all is now

Yin_yang.svg

Love & Light

• Like 3

On 8/20/2020 at 5:17 AM, yekker said:

I told work I had it fairly early on into lockdown so I didn't have to log on for a few days, I reckon that counts. Completed god of war and the next day told them I was all better

Edited by Amen Warrior
  • Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1

I got it late March and my wife a week later, didn't get it too badly though luckily. A week off work and vague lingering fatigue.

Quite a few colleagues at the hospital I work at got it around those 2 weeks just before and after lockdown, some got it a lot worse and 3 people died.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, dingformung said:

'member that the physical world is only part of the world

and that we are living in a big dream with no particular logic

and that all there is is the eternally transforming present moment

and that physical life consists of compulsive cycles

which constitute physicality

but reality is more than that

there is no death and no birth

all is one, all is now

Yin_yang.svg

Love & Light

Nice One, dingformung:)

• Thanks 1

this'll be fine.. 

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-9000-florida-children-diagnosed-coronavirus-two-weeks-schools-reopen-1527587

The number of Florida children diagnosed with the coronavirus has increased by nearly 9,000 over the past two weeks as schools across the state begin to reopen.

There are currently 48,730 confirmed cases of the novel virus among children under 18, according to a recent pediatric report released by the Florida Department of Health. In a previous report released August 9, there were 39,735 confirmed cases among the same group, which marks an increase of 8,995 cases over the past two weeks.

YGxagte.png
I wonder if the drop in the number of reported coronavirus cases in the USA over the last month has something to do with the change in how the data is reported. The number of cases started going down exactly when hospitals were ordered to report the cases directly to the White House instead of reporting them to the CDC.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ghsotword said:

YGxagte.png
I wonder if the drop in the number of reported coronavirus cases in the USA over the last month has something to do with the change in how the data is reported. The number of cases started going down exactly when hospitals were ordered to report the cases directly to the White House instead of reporting them to the CDC.

they reversed the decision a week or so ago. maybe they just tossed out a month's worth of data or something? 

15 hours ago, ignatius said:

yeah. i know. was born there/lived there for 27 years. 

Is Florida the south? Is there a Floridian southern accent? Its not really considered the south cause of all the transplants and the cuban thing. But it must have some southern thing going on. 

Ive been there once. 

I would like to go to the keys, but Id be afraid some alligator would jump out of a bush or something. Id rather go to the carribean

29 minutes ago, marf said:

Is Florida the south? Is there a Floridian southern accent? Its not really considered the south cause of all the transplants and the cuban thing. But it must have some southern thing going on. 

Ive been there once. 

I would like to go to the keys, but Id be afraid some alligator would jump out of a bush or something. Id rather go to the carribean

central/north florida can be very southern. jacksonville, and the panhandle also.. i mean.. it stretches into alabama..  florida is weird. the bigger cities are like cities and then around them is older more rural in places or massive suburban sprawl.  but you can encounter the south in lot's of places in florida.. but yeah.. jacksonville and some outlying areas are quite southern. also there's people who at some point took white flight to the core and left miami or wherever and moved to places where they don't have neighbors and worry about people moving in to the neighborhood because they fear outsiders!

also even in south florida you can run into the south.. like homestead and parts of the everglades etc.. and there's smaller beach towns around that can feel like old florida which can also have its own type of chillax southern vibe.. think the big lebowski but with nascar and fishing

• Like 2

Any of you other introverts feel you are now even more introverted after all the lockdowns, quarantines, self isolations, remote work and what have you? Being around people really gets on my nerves now.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

according to the article he was in hospital back in mid june. i guess he recovered but there's no info about his status really. 

On 8/30/2020 at 8:02 AM, zkom said:

Any of you other introverts feel you are now even more introverted after all the lockdowns, quarantines, self isolations, remote work and what have you? Being around people really gets on my nerves now.

I wish I could work remotely, but I have to deal with entitled shitbags in person almost daily.