IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

On 8/30/2020 at 10:02 AM, zkom said:

Any of you other introverts feel you are now even more introverted after all the lockdowns, quarantines, self isolations, remote work and what have you? Being around people really gets on my nerves now.

I'm not sure if more introverted is how I feel now... more like "what's the point" of going anywhere, since everybody now has developed quite a self sustaining environment at home.

I am a lot more hesitant to be around large groups of people now than before. the other weekend my kid was begging me to take him to the mall to go to one of those indoor kids amusement type places, so we went. my agoraphobe spidey sense was going off like mad when walking through the mall trying to get to this place. vast majority of people are wearing masks (it's a statewide order in Texas), but still, I felt way to close to people when speed walking past them. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2020 at 4:02 PM, zkom said:

Any of you other introverts feel you are now even more introverted after all the lockdowns, quarantines, self isolations, remote work and what have you? Being around people really gets on my nerves now.

I haven't worn anything that isnt loungewear since march. The thought of having to put on actual clothes makes me anxious. I'm comfy as fuck 24/7, I never want to wear another belt or collared shirt in my life.

It's not people getting on my nerves, it's more that I have to wear clothes that don't have elasticated waistbands to meet them, fuck that

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

I haven't worn anything that isnt loungewear since march. The thought of having to put on actual clothes makes me anxious. I'm comfy as fuck 24/7, I never want to wear another belt or collared shirt in my life.

For me the worst is the shoes. I haven't worn leather dress shoes since March so when I had to wear some last week, my feet became a bloody mess.

Another inconvenience is that my "lounge wear", which I normally only wore on evenings and on the weekends has by now starting to get worn out and I kind of don't want to spend money on replacing it (also: what *does* a grown man wear when he doesn't wear dress shirts? I'm starting to feel like I'm dressing up as a child when wearing the long sleeve t-shirts that were the staple of my casual wardrobe for the past thirty years).

great news!

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/covid-19-can-wreck-your-heart-even-if-you-havent-had-any-symptoms/

Beyond its scientific backing, the notion that a COVID-19 patient might wind up with long-term lung scarring or breathing issues has the ring of truth. After all, we hear the stories, right? The virus can leave survivors explaining how they struggled to breathe, or how it can feel, in the wordsof actress Alyssa Milano, “like an elephant is sitting on my chest.”

Sturgis Motorcycle Rally was 'superspreading event' that cost public health $12.2 billion: analysis

Researchers concluded that more than 266,000 cases were tied to the event attended by more than 460,000 individuals.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/515453-sturgis-motorcycle-rally-was-superspreading-event-that-cost-public#.X1e3u8dXO8s.twitter

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 3

We're on the second wave here in my city, difference is that it's mostly young people catching it.

36 minutes ago, Gocab said:

We're on the second wave here in my city, difference is that it's mostly young people catching it.

Same here. A lot of them are university students who absolutely insist on starting off their school year by cramming themselves into pubs.

And since a significant segment of our governing class consists of former frat boys and sorority girls they think this is a-ok. Don’t mess with the natural order of things.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gocab said:

Yeah, same here. Fucking morons.
Some parents here have said that they feel bad for their kids because they can no longer go out during the weekends and party. I honestly didn't think we had such idiots living here.

It boggles the mind how many daily deaths there are still in the US. Only India is topping that but they have about 4 times the population..

10 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Wow ... look at Greenland. It's just like in Plague Inc.

Also: wtf is going on in Luxemburg? Is that country completely sealed off from the outside world or something?

Luxembourg:
"Despite recent new cases reported at the national level in Luxembourg and Sweden, recent changes in reporting in have led to a retrospective reduction in case numbers in some regions, resulting in their being shown in blue on the map."
So they started counting new cases differently. They have to correct their numbers. Data retro-corrections.

Countries in Europe with the highest number of new cases for the last 2 weeks per 100.000 citizens:
Spain: 265
France: 140
Croatia: 91
Luxembourg: 88
Romania: 85
Czechia: 85
Malta: 69

• Thanks 1