IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

7 minutes ago, zkom said:

It boggles the mind how many daily deaths there are still in the US. Only India is topping that but they have about 4 times the population..

And India has much less means to tackle the crisis. The US should be one of the best in dealing with Corona considering their access to resources and expertise. A power that can spend almost a trillion dollars a year on military should be one of the leading forces in defeating Corona. But instead they choose the way of dumbfuckery and death. That's very American

Edited by dingformung
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, dingformung said:

And India has much less means to tackle the crisis. The US should be one of the best in dealing with Corona considering their access to resources and expertise. A power that can spend almost a trillion dollars a year on military should be one of the leading forces in defeating Corona. But instead they choose the way of dumbfuckery and death. That's very American

Had the current administration not disbanded the pandemic unit that looked at these things, then we would definitely have a much more prepared response.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Had the current administration not disbanded the pandemic unit that looked at these things, then we would definitely have a much more prepared response.

well, maybe.. depends if trump would've played it down anyways... and fucked it up. i imagine he would have fired them all when they contradicted him because  he wants people loyal to him above all else.. and also wants to have all the attention. remember when Fauci started getting all kinds of love and high approval ratings etc? trump was butt hurt and pulled him from briefings and asserted his mushroom dick as the focal point. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

well, maybe.. depends if trump would've played it down anyways... and fucked it up. i imagine he would have fired them all when they contradicted him because  he wants people loyal to him above all else.. and also wants to have all the attention. remember when Fauci started getting all kinds of love and high approval ratings etc? trump was butt hurt and pulled him from briefings and asserted his mushroom dick as the focal point. 

Regardless, we would have been prepared for him to fuck it up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Regardless, we would have been prepared for him to fuck it up.

true. Fauci is quite savy. i imagine they could've coordinated and side stepped president orange turd

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Plum said:

You don’t hear much about China these days. I wonder what their situation is?

Still communists.

• Haha 2

On 9/12/2020 at 11:33 AM, Plum said:

Life's pretty much back to normal based on what I hear from people in mainland China. Wuhan even threw a giant pool party about a month ago https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/18/asia/wuhan-water-park-party-intl-hnk/index.html

It's just very hard to leave and come back to the country due to strict quarantine procedures. CCP is spinning a narrative that the pandemic got out of hand due to foreign powers downplaying the situation while China took strict measures. And that's why foreigners can't now come to the country without enforced quarantine and why it's so dangerous to go outside China..

HK has it's own shit show going with the security laws, etc.

On 9/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Soloman Tump said:

I remember North Korea announcing their first ever case.... then... a wall of silence.

So many innocent people will be dead there.

i understand your sentiment, but everyone who dies from coronavirus is innocent, no one deserves to die from coronvirus......

eh maybe, maybe one guy..

Edited by mycospherologyst
my inner grammarnazi asserted itself

24 minutes ago, zkom said:

Life's pretty much back to normal based on what I hear from people in mainland China. Wuhan even threw a giant pool party about a month ago https://edition.cnn.com/2020/08/18/asia/wuhan-water-park-party-intl-hnk/index.html

It's just very hard to leave and come back to the country due to strict quarantine procedures. CCP is spinning a narrative that the pandemic got out of hand due to foreign powers downplaying the situation while China took strict measures. And that's why foreigners can't now come to the country without enforced quarantine and why it's so dangerous to go outside China..

HK has it's own shit show going with the security laws, etc.

So no signs of a substantial second wave there? Odd. 

1 hour ago, Plum said:

So no signs of a substantial second wave there? Odd. 

Well, the reliability of Chinese statistics is what it is. But they have heavily suppressed any outbreaks. So who knows?

In Finland we don't have significant signs of second wave even though things have been back to almost normal since early July.

33 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

In other news, China is testing their vaccine in Africa because they don’t have enough cases at home. So maybe these figures are at least somewhat accurate.

...or they dont want to test it on their own people

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

...or they dont want to test it on their own people

That would be a first.

At the very least, they have tons of Uyghurs to use for this. I'm sure they would if they could.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 3:33 AM, Plum said:

one of my wife's friends lives in Shanghai and she said her kids are just now able to return to school there after schools being shut down for almost a year. they shut down toward end of last year, a few months before it all hit the fan in the US/Europe. no online learning option either the whole time. not like online learning is a great option for young kids, but at least it's something. 

7 hours ago, rhmilo said:

That would be a first.

At the very least, they have tons of Uyghurs to use for this. I'm sure they would if they could.

I saw Harry Wu speak once many years ago (mid-90's). He spent the majority of the lecture emphasizing that China had created a huge industry of imprisoning people and not documenting anything, executing them and harvesting organs. Harry Wu is not a tin-foil hat conspiracy theorist and he presented some evidence for his claims that had been smuggled out to him. 

On the basis of that lecture alone (but I could cite other instances of China hiding the tragic plight of large amounts of their people), I wouldn't be surprised if they are doing internal testing within the mainland.

• Like 2