IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

27 minutes ago, very honest said:

can you imagine if there were a real pandemic, and huge amounts of people were dying, and unscrupulous individuals, including those in positions of power and influence, continuously misled the public into distrusting health experts and guidance on safety measures? while profitting? and it worked, leading huge portions of populations to believe that appropriate protocols were villainous? and that genuine public servants who just worked hard their whole lives and tried to do the right thing were villains? that would be insane, and deeply contemptible. and it would be so unfortunate to see people falling for it, and, worse, SHARING the venom to their own circles.

I know, right? well thank god we don't have to deal with any of that, since the virus has been successfully eliminated and we should all just get on with it as normal. anyone who thinks the virus is still out there is an idiot. anyone still social distancing is a fool. in fact, I may head to the next keep america delusional rally and let all my fellow humans breath all over me just to show there is nothing to fear.

Edited by zero
  • Haha 1

If you live somewhere that is locking you down, go bother your local government to change it. Moaning about it on a forum won't change anything. I live in an area in the US that isn't really "locking down" anything. My city has a mask mandate and some restrictions on spacing for restaurants. Bars have to close earlier and we don't have shoulder to shoulder live music shows. These aren't life changing intrusions into my life that are causing me psychic harm, they are inconveniences while dealing with a pandemic.

• Like 2

Yeah, but I was just about to change that and all of the sudden my government is trying to everything it can to prevent this. In tandem with the WHO, an organisation whose sole interest lies in peddling expensive vaccines manufactured by the pharmaceutical industry that is funding the WHO via way of Bill Gates who happens to love vaccines. Being the father of the worlds most widely used operating system wasn’t enough for Bill (ever notice how Bill is only one syllable away from Belial? Belial Gates? The man is literally trying to pry open the gates of hell!). Bill tried to control our minds via hidden messages in Windows but this plan was blown out of the water when Steve Ballmers had that psychotic episode on stage during the presentation of Windows 3.11, which when deciphered stands for Windows Chaos Anarchy Annihilation. Clearly Ballmers couldn’t deal with the implications and went insane. So now Bill has bought his way into the pharm game and is using the pandemic as a window of opportunity to establish himself as the richest and most powerful man on earth. With the help of Satan and the WHO.

Since I can’t go out to hypothetically meet people I’m left with plenty of time to research these claims. Like a true scientist I start with a premise and then look for data that backs it up. Any data that suggests that my thesis is incorrect gets discarded because it has obviously been tainted by the sinister forces working to prevent me from discovering what is really going on. 

I’ll stop shitting up this thread now. Good to vent though! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

mm6942e2_ExcessDeathsCOVID19_IMAGE_20Oct

how do you explain this if all those people were dying anyway?

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

So let’s just go back for a minute and look at what happened with this one, and specifically, what happened with Donald Trump and the Republican Party. In 2003, the SARS epidemic coronavirus was contained, and scientists told us pretty much what they’re saying now: It’s very likely others will come. We have to be prepared for it. The way we have to be prepared for it is to study coronaviruses, work out possible vaccines, put in place response systems so that when it comes you will be ready to move.

It’s not enough to have the knowledge. Somebody has to do something with it. And here you have fundamental problems much deeper than Trump. Who is going to pick up the ball and run with it on researching and developing the background for vaccines?

[...]

Trump’s behavior since January has been almost as if it was designed to maximize the crimes. He’s personally responsible for arguably hundreds of thousands of American deaths, certainly many tens of thousands. You can see it step by step. It never stops. There was a government scientist in charge of vaccine development. He questioned some of Trump’s quack medicines. Fired. The programs that were working with the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the main research center for coronaviruses, canceled. We have to try to blame China for Trump’s malevolence, so we have to cancel programs that might help America.

The most recent example. There is an international consortium that’s working on cooperation on vaccine development, which is obviously the way to proceed, also working in a limited way on distributional problems, trying to make sure that if there are vaccines, they won’t be monopolized by the very rich but will go to the people who need them. Trump reacted to this by pulling out of the consortium just a couple of weeks ago. We don’t want to be part of an international effort that might help Americans and everyone else. Anything that he didn’t create, destroy. Uniform, across the board.

There’s another one going on right now. There is an international UN conference on biodiversity that is critically relevant to pandemics. Species are being destroyed at a crazy rate, the sixth extinction. Areas where wildlife can be sequestered from human contact are being destroyed, setting up all the conditions for further spread of pandemics. Every country is participating except one—the United States. We will not participate in an international conference on biodiversity. I don’t think the press has even covered this. When I asked somebody to check, the only thing they found was two minutes on NPR. Maybe there’s more.

That’s what’s happening before our eyes. You cannot measure the malevolence. The New England Journal of Medicine is kind. They call it incompetence. It’s not incompetence. We know exactly what’s going on. The idea is maximize the prospects for my election, benefit my constituency of the rich and the corporate sector. Nothing else matters.

Noam Chomsky on the President, the Pandemic, and the Upcoming Election (LitHub)

(This could've been posted in the Trump or election threads, too, but I chose this one.)

Edited by dcom
  • Like 5

The White House’s science policy office on Tuesday ranked “ending the Covid-19 pandemic” atop the list of President Donald Trump’s top first-term accomplishments, even as the country registers record amounts of infections and hospitals fill up again.

The list, included in a press release from the Office of Science and Technology Policy credits the administration for taking “decisive actions to engage scientists and health professionals in academia, industry, and government to understand, treat, and defeat the disease.”

White House science office takes credit for 'ending' pandemic as infections mount (Politico)

5 hours ago, dcom said:

delusional. absolutely delusional.

I know this is nothing new in trump land, he and his team have been spouting nothing but nonsense and lies for the past 4 years. but saying the pandemic has ended all thanks to the trump administration, has got to take the cake as one of the biggest whoppers ever told by any public figure ever. just another in your face example of how these idiots can say essentially whatever they want and get away with it, knowing there are millions of gullible people out there that will lap it up. 

• Like 2

When Covid suddenly becomes a thing again under Joe Biden, Trump will point to it and blame Joe for the sudden resurgence of the virus. Then when the economic bubble pops, same story.

I am slightly triggered right now, lol

• Farnsworth 1

Welp, here we are in uncharted territory.

COVID beds in Belgium from March up until today. Bars are the daily new hospitalizations, the line is the actual occupancy after subtraction of discharges and deaths.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Yeah, looks like it's going tits up all over Europe now that the temperatures are dropping and people have gotten lazy.

7 minutes ago, Silent Member said:

Yeah, looks like it's going tits up all over Europe now that the temperatures are dropping and people have gotten lazy.

i've seen several reports about it spreading in the states from lot's of indoor gatherings of friends in peoples houses and stuff. people feel safe "oh i'm just with my family and a few friends" having a BBQ or celebration of some kind.  Apparently lot's of people are doing that kind of thing and it's hard to monitor and hard to track etc but in USA it's apparently the  type of event that is the source of lot's of spreading events. 

11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i've seen several reports about it spreading in the states from lot's lots of indoor gatherings of friends in peoples houses and stuff. people feel safe "oh i'm just with my family and a few friends" having a BBQ or celebration of some kind.  Apparently lot's lots of people are doing that kind of thing and it's hard to monitor and hard to track etc but in USA it's apparently the  type of event that is the source of lot's of spreading events. 

Sorry ignatius but it's about time, I'll not take this no more! It's blowing my ocd over the roof... ?

Spoiler

?

• Farnsworth 2

9 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

Sorry ignatius but it's about time, I'll not take this no more! It's blowing my ocd over the roof... ?

Hide contents

?

You missed one.

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 2

1 hour ago, dingformung said:

The French stock up booze and condoms while we go crazy about TP. What the fuck is wrong with us?

It's the smart thing to do. Try wiping your ass with a rubber or a bottle of Merlot.

Well, I guess you could put a cork in it. A cork in a condom ... Hmmm ...

• Farnsworth 2