IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

On 11/5/2020 at 4:35 PM, Tim_J said:

I had no idea that killing animals for fur was still legal on planet earth in 2020... Wtf humans ffs... ?

Denmark to cull up to 17 million mink amid coronavirus fears ...

Apparently the WHO explicitly said that these minks aren't a big risk. And yet millions of them will be slaughtered.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/who-downplays-coronavirus-mink-mutation-risk-after-denmark-orders-huge-n1246726

201106-mink-denmark-mc-8052_e8780f6de26f

• Sad 4

49 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Apparently the WHO explicitly said that these minks aren't a big risk. And yet millions of them will be slaughtered.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/who-downplays-coronavirus-mink-mutation-risk-after-denmark-orders-huge-n1246726

201106-mink-denmark-mc-8052_e8780f6de26f

anyway, covid or not, they're slaughtered for fur... what a terrible world we live in...

:catcry: :catsuicide: :catghost:

Edited by Tim_J
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Tim_J said:

anyway, covid or not, they're slaughtered for fur... what a terrible world we live in...

:catcry: :catsuicide: :catghost:

I'm all for ending the fur industry, this was as good an excuse as any.

• Like 5

fuck

'It's a slaughter,' doctors say of new coronavirus wave

https://www.yahoo.com/news/coronavirus-wave-152513366.html

If anything, the virus appears to be strengthening, killing more than 1,000 Americans every day this week while recording more than 100,000 daily infections. More than 50,000 people across the nation are hospitalized. The share of coronavirus diagnostic tests coming back positive has risen to 8.2 percent this week; last week’s share of positive tests was a markedly lower 7.2 percent.

“The numbers are pretty scary,” says Dr. Peter Hotez, dean of the National School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor, taking stock of the national situation. As he was speaking to Yahoo News on Thursday, the nation was on its way to a record 133,000 new cases for that day. Hospitalizations have been rapidly climbing too, leading to concerns that we may once more see what we saw during the spring and early summer: crowded intensive care units, overwhelmed hospitals, deaths that could have been prevented.

“It’s a slaughter,” Hotez said. “We’re going to have to take steps.”

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, dingformung said:

Is it ended, though? Will they not just get new minks again after corona?

I don't think Mr. Member is saying that's gonna end because of this...

Maybe it's even a good thing for them (them, the humans) cause all this fur from these infected minks is not gonna go to waste? 

Edited by Tim_J

Before everyone gets naked (faced) in the streets and breaks the 6 foot rule:

https://mynorthwest.com/2291876/covid-vaccine-expectations/

Actually, it’s the way the flu vaccine is designed, and that’s the second surprise I think for most people. The flu vaccines are not designed to prevent infection. They’re designed to prevent serious disease, so that gets to the next question. What type of disease are the trials meant to prevent? Mild disease such as a cold, a headache, the cough of fever or serious symptoms that may land you up in the hospital? And the answer is in the initial submissions that preventing most people from getting serious disease and preventing them from dying is not part of the approval process,

• Like 2

On 10/29/2020 at 11:46 AM, Tim_J said:

Sorry ignatius but it's about time, I'll not take this no more! It's blowing my ocd over the roof... ?

Reveal hidden contents

?

ha! it's funny as i'm usually the grammar snob or grammar snoot. i was doing that unconsciously through muscle memory i think. At a previous job a coworker and I kept a list of not real words that people use all the time.  supposevely, boughton, irregardless (though webster added this to the dictionary i think).. i think there were 10 or so.  Also, things like shouldn't have or should've.. when people type "should of" etc.. that shit makes me crazy. 

anyway, i will be more of aware of lots from here on out. 

• Like 4

image.thumb.png.9cd7e453f9f47f0046431c8366a1a00b.png

image.thumb.png.ed8c741d3e543864ba709d1c9676c15b.png

deaths lag 4 weeks and there's no reason to think the climbing new infection rate will turn around anytime soon. presently at 1500 deaths/day and certainly on the way past 2,000 soon, 3,000 per day not unlikely. a period of mass death not seen in this country since... *googles "usa ww2 deaths per month"*

oh. usa deaths during ww2 was 220 per day

well i'm on the internet so i'm sure someone will adjust for population increase or something

a tenth of a percent of the country is dead because fox news led the herd off a cliff for profit, and because of an ecosystem that permitted and reinforced practices of deception and disregard for accuracy. will we hit a fifth of a percent? half a percent? we will see.

• Like 1

Yeah it's sad that the US has so many people who DGAF. I told someone about the cruise ship news and they said "Oh wow I'd go now! I've already had Covid." :facepalm: Like yeah I know you did but you can get it again after a few months. Even if you don't get reinfected with a severe case you'll still be transmitting it. It's not even in the mental model for some people that this is a transmissible disease and we're a network.

Oh well. Buckle up. Doesn't have to be like this but it's gonna be like this.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, very honest said:

image.thumb.png.9cd7e453f9f47f0046431c8366a1a00b.png

image.thumb.png.ed8c741d3e543864ba709d1c9676c15b.png

deaths lag 4 weeks and there's no reason to think the climbing new infection rate will turn around anytime soon. presently at 1500 deaths/day and certainly on the way past 2,000 soon, 3,000 per day not unlikely. a period of mass death not seen in this country since... *googles "usa ww2 deaths per month"*

oh. usa deaths during ww2 was 220 per day

well i'm on the internet so i'm sure someone will adjust for population increase or something

a tenth of a percent of the country is dead because fox news led the herd off a cliff for profit, and because of an ecosystem that permitted and reinforced practices of deception and disregard for accuracy. will we hit a fifth of a percent? half a percent? we will see.

I'm sure there weren't WW2 deniers back in the day, were there? =/

"nah, ww2 is fake, it's a HOAX to get us to line politicians pockets! Have you ever seen Germany? Japan? Obviously fake aggressors perpetrated by the radio media". 

Were there flat-earthers then too? It's baffling how we can have come so far but people have exponentially less wisdom (not necessarily intelligence but wisdom)

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1