IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

4 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

ya. i even felt triggered seeing ppl get closer than 1.50m to each other while watching queen gambit, weird. i bet once this is over it'll be a global sex orgy.

Yeah, me too, same show, same sentiment. Feels weird. Also, the new reality has started seeping into my dreams a couple of weeks ago. Not consistently, but here and there I'll now sport a mask in dreamland or become self-conscious about not wearing one.

18 hours ago, IDEM said:

Yeah, me too, same show, same sentiment. Feels weird. Also, the new reality has started seeping into my dreams a couple of weeks ago. Not consistently, but here and there I'll now sport a mask in dreamland or become self-conscious about not wearing one.

I had a dream the other night that I was at work and one of the building maintenance guys was hanging around my desk and talking to me without a mask.  It was freaking me out during the dream and when I woke up there was a second that I felt like I had just been infected.

no shocker here - rich countries are going to be bathing in vaccine, while poor countries sit on the sidelines:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/12/03/942303736/how-rich-countries-are-hoarding-the-worlds-vaccines-in-charts

When these doses become available over the next year, some wealthy counties will likely end up with more vaccine than they need, says Andrea Taylor, who helps direct the Duke Global Health Innovation Center. The U.S. will probably have enough doses to vaccinate their population two times over. And Canada will have enough for their population five times over.

hey Canada - quit bogarting that shit maaaan!!

1 hour ago, zero said:

no shocker here - rich countries are going to be bathing in vaccine, while poor countries sit on the sidelines:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/12/03/942303736/how-rich-countries-are-hoarding-the-worlds-vaccines-in-charts

hey Canada - quit bogarting that shit maaaan!!

Probably just buying them to donate them to poorer countries. Great PR ?

19 hours ago, ignatius said:

this might make people, men, wear a mask. need to get the word out.

but what if u can only experience sexual arrousal while being obstnate? then you'd rly be stuck between a rock & a soft place

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, manmower said:

Meanwhile in Belgium... we're thinking of ways to convince people vaccines won't turn them into monkeys.

america gonna go buckwild with many conspiracies about the vaccines. 

Yeah where I am in Australia I've seen ONE person wearing a mask since the pandemic began. Been very chill where I am. Nearest case was still a few hours away.

(not to say people shouldn't wear masks, please do, I've just been fortunate, and seldom left the house during that April-June initial lockdown period)

Edited by Roo

Now that it's getting to be wintertime in Canada, the masks are kinda nice actually. They keep my lower face warm when I'm outside, which means I won't have to grow another nasty-ass goatee that makes me look like i just got back from tying some chick to railroad tracks

26 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

Now that it's getting to be wintertime in Canada, the masks are kinda nice actually. They keep my lower face warm when I'm outside, which means I won't have to grow another nasty-ass goatee that makes me look like i just got back from tying some chick to railroad tracks

Here in Finland the same, when it's about 0C and windy the mask feels actually pretty nice. But I'm not sure how it will be when the temperature drops to -20C and the humidity from breathing actually freezes on the mask. Maybe need to add a scarf over the mask also. Have to see when that time comes.

If I have to stay home for the whole holiday period I'm gonna finally do what I've always thought I want to do for Christmas. Stay indoors, drink beer and wine, and read a dozen or so books. I've never missed the family holiday so I've never got to actually do that. But I have spent so much time at home since October that I actually hope it doesn't come to that.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2020 at 12:16 PM, jaderpansen said:
On 10/24/2020 at 10:15 PM, drome said:

How many people do you know who’ve had this and died from it? Simple question.

(not aimed at disinfo mongers)

none.

actually make that 14 and counting.

• Sad 4

I know now one person who probably had it but was never diagnosed. He had the symptoms like breathing problems and was in contact with people who were diagnosed with it.

There's another one also that may have had it based on the fact that her family members had it but if so it was pretty much without symptoms.

So basically I personally don't know anyone who has been actually diagnosed with it, but a couple of my friends might have had it. I haven't been anywhere near them this year so there isn't any danger I might have caught it from them.