IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

6 minutes ago, Plum said:

I asked awhile back in this thread, but what is the current situation in China? How have they seemly managed to dodge the second/third wave clusterfuck that’s crippled the rest of the world? I’m definitely no conspiracist, but it is odd. 

Well, the short answer is that they don't give a fuck about the individual's rights so they can enforce all kinds of policies that wouldn't fly in Europe or USA.

Anytime there is an outbreak in cities they lock down everything, nobody can leave, even the people who are from the city being locked down visiting another place are put into a 14 day quarantine regardless of if they show symptoms or not or test positive or negative. Everytime you register to a hotel or similar you also need to show your travel history along with the usual documents and the tracking apps in mobile phones are mandatory.

Everyone entering China is put into a 14 day guarded quarantine also regardless of test results but they have to be still tested before the travel and after it and separately on every point of transfer they may have had on their way to China.

They've also been vaccinating front line workers, border guards etc for some time now with their own vaccine made by Sinovac.

In consequence there are very few cases and life is pretty much back to normal in most of China. Just the foreigners are missing. Although I've heard some places have shut down officially for "technical problems" but of course who can tell. It's China.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zkom said:

I've had so much weird and questionable stuff put in my body that some actually researched vaccination from a reputable source is nowhere near even the top 10 most dangerous things I've had. :crazy: Just bring it on, bitches:spiteful:

lol, yeah I think sometimes like this as well. I snorted and ingested so many questionable substances back in the late '90s, gives me false hope that I've got some sort of superman immune system.

Also my personal opinion re China:

Are the test cases under reported from China? For example the official number of just 33 new cases yesterday seems ridiculously low for a country of 1.4 billion people. So I'd say probably yes. But I wouldn't think that the reality is in millions of cases. And the under reporting would be mostly due to the provincial leaders trying to hide outbreaks so their own towns don't get locked down and businesses shut down. I don't know how much the central government would gain from trying to hide a large epidemic at this point when they can just clamp down anywhere the virus pops up.

The CCP is mostly trying to control the narrative with their own origin stories of the disease and how it's the West's failure to let it spread. That's how the propaganda machine is geared now. It's not focused on downplaying the pandemic inside China.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Plum said:

zkom you’re very insightful. Have you lived in China?

Nah, I never lived there. But I've spent a few months in mainland China, HK, Macao and Taiwan. I have a Chinese girlfriend and some friends from there. Also I used to have to do work related stuff with Chinese offices of a big corporation.

Given what China has unleashed upon the world, whether unintentional or not it’s pretty grim. I wonder how the Chinese government feels behind closed doors. I guess we’ll never really know.

12 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

- 1976 H1N1 swine flu scare.

I saw an interesting video about this. It is from the American news program 60 minutes dated from the late seventies. It was an investigation into the vaccine for this 1976 swine flu. The vaccines were developed quickly and there was a public health campaign pushing strongly for vaccines. The video talks about how 46 million people were vaccinated and after that there were over 300 cases brought against the government. The cases allege severe neurological damage and in some cases death. At the very end they have some of the advertisements that the government made to persuade people to get vaccinate. Some of them have some cool sound design

A article from the intercept talks about how there were upgrades to legislation in april 2020 to remove legal liabilities from covid vaccine manufacturers

https://theintercept.com/2020/08/28/coronavirus-vaccine-prep-act/

But what will happen to the companies that make and market the vaccine if people discover they’ve been harmed by a product that was hastily brought to market? According to a law passed this spring, pretty much nothing. An amendment to the PREP Act, which was updated in April, stipulates that companies “cannot be sued for money damages in court” over injuries caused by medical countermeasures for Covid-19. Such countermeasures include vaccines, therapeutics, and respiratory devices. The only exception to this immunity is if death or serious physical injury is caused by “willful misconduct.” And even then, the people who are harmed will have to meet heightened standards for “willful misconduct” that are favorable to defendants.

Edited by Guest
edit wrote 4000 instead of 300 changed it

There's a big difference between developing vaccines in the 1970s and developing vaccines in 2020. Folding at Home alone is a technical marvel that helped speed up the process by years, not to mention all of the other private institutions sharing info with each other.

I'm a little cautious to take a vaccine that was developed that quickly, but if rich people and politicians are clambering to to get in line for it then it's probably fine.

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a good source never read it before daily mail uk

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9119431/Miami-doctor-58-dies-three-weeks-receiving-Pfizer-Covid-19-vaccine.html

EXCLUSIVE: Wife of 'perfectly healthy' Miami doctor, 56, who died of a blood disorder 16 days after getting Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine is certain it was triggered by the jab, as drug giant investigates first death with a suspected link to shot

https://www.facebook.com/heidi.neckelmann/posts/10157817790183977

The love of my life, my husband Gregory Michael MD
an Obstetrician that had his office in Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach Died the day before yesterday due to a strong reaction to the COVID vaccine.
He was a very healthy 56 year old, loved by everyone in the community delivered hundreds of healthy babies and worked tireless through the pandemic.
He was vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine at MSMC on December 18, 3 days later he saw a strong set of petechiae on his feet and hands which made him seek attention at the emergency room at MSMC. The CBC that was done at his arrival showed his platelet count to be 0 (A normal platelet count ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood.) he was admitted in the ICU with a diagnosis of acute ITP caused by a reaction to the COVID vaccine. A team of expert doctors tried for 2 weeks to raise his platelet count to no avail. Experts from all over the country were involved in his care. No matter what they did, the platelets count refused to go up. He was conscious and energetic through the whole process but 2 days before a last resort surgery, he got a hemorrhagic stroke caused by the lack of platelets that took his life in a matter of minutes.
He was a pro vaccine advocate that is why he got it himself.
I believe that people should be aware that side effects can happened, that it is not good for everyone and in this case destroyed a beautiful life, a perfect family, and has affected so many people in the community
Do not let his death be in vain please save more lives by making this information news.

136043693_10157817788173977_426398840154

13 hours ago, bupkis said:

https://www.facebook.com/heidi.neckelmann/posts/10157817790183977

The love of my life, my husband Gregory Michael MD
an Obstetrician that had his office in Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach Died the day before yesterday due to a strong reaction to the COVID vaccine.
He was a very healthy 56 year old, loved by everyone in the community delivered hundreds of healthy babies and worked tireless through the pandemic.
He was vaccinated with the Pfizer vaccine at MSMC on December 18, 3 days later he saw a strong set of petechiae on his feet and hands which made him seek attention at the emergency room at MSMC. The CBC that was done at his arrival showed his platelet count to be 0 (A normal platelet count ranges from 150,000 to 450,000 platelets per microliter of blood.) he was admitted in the ICU with a diagnosis of acute ITP caused by a reaction to the COVID vaccine. A team of expert doctors tried for 2 weeks to raise his platelet count to no avail. Experts from all over the country were involved in his care. No matter what they did, the platelets count refused to go up. He was conscious and energetic through the whole process but 2 days before a last resort surgery, he got a hemorrhagic stroke caused by the lack of platelets that took his life in a matter of minutes.
He was a pro vaccine advocate that is why he got it himself.
I believe that people should be aware that side effects can happened, that it is not good for everyone and in this case destroyed a beautiful life, a perfect family, and has affected so many people in the community
Do not let his death be in vain please save more lives by making this information news.

136043693_10157817788173977_426398840154

I think we've found ourselves another COVID conspiracy nut. Posting nonsense off Facebook? Really?

Piss off.

• Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

8 hours ago, rhmilo said:

I think we've found ourselves another COVID conspiracy nut. Posting nonsense off Facebook? Really?

Piss off.

@rhmilo I do not understand your hostility here. Just because we cannot see each other does not make it okay to call someone a nut. That man really did die after getting vaccinated and he was otherwise healthy. The story just broke last night and that daily mail article and his wifes facebook post were the only sources I could find last night. USA today picked up the story today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/06/death-florida-doctor-following-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-under-investigation-gregory-michael/6574414002/

A Florida doctor has died several weeks after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, although it's not yet clear whether his death Monday was related to the shot he received on Dec. 18.

Dr. Gregory Michael, 56, an OB-GYN at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, died after suffering a hemorrhagic stroke apparently resulting from a lack of platelets.

Miami medical examiners are investigating his death,the Florida Department of Health said in a statement.

"The CDC and FDA are responsible for reviewing COVID-19 vaccine safety data and presenting that information for federal recommendations on vaccine administration," communications director Jason Mahon said in an email. "The state will continue to provide all available information to the CDC as they lead this investigation."

In a Facebook post, Michael's wife, Heidi Neckelmann, said he sought emergency care three days after the shot because he had dots on his skin that indicated internal bleeding. 

There are also reports of severe allergic reactions

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/06/covid-vaccine-cdc-reports-severe-allergic-reactions-anaphylaxis/6564018002/

As more Americans continue to get vaccinated against COVID-19, U.S. officials continue to monitor for severe allergic reactions and other adverse events after getting the vaccine.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said early safety monitoring has detected 21 cases of anaphylaxis, a severe allergic reaction, after receiving the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine.

The cases were detected in a pool of 1,893,360 first doses administered from Dec. 14 to 23. This translates to 11.1 cases of anaphylaxis per 1 million doses, said Dr. Nancy Messonnier, director of the CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases, in a media briefing Wednesday.

This is higher than the flu vaccine, which has an average outcome rate of 1.3 cases per 1 million doses. However, Messonnier said the rate of anaphylaxis in the COVID-19 vaccine is still considered a rare outcome.

no one commented on that intercept article I posted before about how the vaccine companies in America have robust legal protections against people who might be harmed by the vaccine. I just think it is something to keep an eye on.

yeah fb is regularly populated with immoral, manipulative, fabricated and crafty propaganda so i searched the name and found that this story is based in truth though there is not yet evidence of causality at the moment.

Dr. Michael, who had worked as an OBGYN at Mt. Sinai Medical Center for more than a decade, died on January 3rd. According to his wife Heidi Neckelmann, he had been vaccinated on December 18th.

Though there is currently no medical or scientific evidence to suggest that Dr. Michael’s death was triggered by the vaccine, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are conducting a routine investigation into the incident due to the short timeline between the two events.

not sure how many covid vaccines have been administered yet, i think millions, but we would quickly reach the point at which statistically someone would die from a rare condition shortly afterwards with no link to the vaccine, and you can expect that it would immediately hit media with someone attaching the assumption of causality.

but we don't know yet

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/health-experts-investigate-doctor-who-died-weeks-after-receiving-covid-vaccine/2357958/

Edited by very honest
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Braintree said:

@bupkis Do you plan on taking the vaccine when it's available to you?

I wrote an overly long post explaining all my views about the coronavirus but I just deleted it. To be honest I am tired of thinking about this and it is also pretty stupid to get all into it on an idm forum haha. I would prefer to not take the vaccine but I would definitely get it if my employer required it without the option to work remotely. I am not antivax and I am extremely cautious and conscientious when it comes to being safe and prevent spread especially in relation to people who are high risk.

11 hours ago, bupkis said:

@rhmilo I do not understand your hostility here. Just because we cannot see each other does not make it okay to call someone a nut. That man really did die after getting vaccinated and he was otherwise healthy. The story just broke last night and that daily mail article and his wifes facebook post were the only sources I could find last night. USA today picked up the story today

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/01/06/death-florida-doctor-following-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-under-investigation-gregory-michael/6574414002/

You’re posting anti vax propaganda you copied from Facebook, that’s why.

Also note the USA Today article says something entirely different than the nonsense from Facebook / Daily Mail (which is a seriously scummy tabloid, btw), namely that one of the tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of people who were vaccinated had some sort of medical issue sometime after the injection. Well d’uh.

I’m willing to bet there’s also a couple of dozen people who sprained their ankle in the weeks after being vaccinated. So what?

Either you really don’t understand this, in which case you are too uninformed to be posting anything about the vaccine in the first place, or you do, in which case you’re trolling and fear mongering. Either way you should piss off. There is tons of solid, dependable information on this vaccine (that has been a decade in the making, btw) out there and it really is very, very easy to find.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

You’re posting anti vax propaganda you copied from Facebook, that’s why.

Also note the USA Today article says something entirely different than the nonsense from Facebook / Daily Mail (which is a seriously scummy tabloid, btw), namely that one of the tens of thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) of people who were vaccinated had some sort of medical issue sometime after the injection. Well d’uh.

I’m willing to bet there’s also a couple of dozen people who sprained their ankle in the weeks after being vaccinated. So what?

Either you really don’t understand this, in which case you are too uninformed to be posting anything about the vaccine in the first place, or you do, in which case you’re trolling and fear mongering. Either way you should piss off. There is tons of solid, dependable information on this vaccine (that has been a decade in the making, btw) out there and it really is very, very easy to find.

Why are you so hostile to this guy? He’s being reasonable. 
People like you, those who blindly trust ‘authority’ and vehemently attack those asking questions, are, quite frankly, terrifying.

You sound like a facist.

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1