IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

6 hours ago, very honest said:

@Hugh Mughnus check in

So far so good!! Thank you. Haven't developed any symptoms thus far. 

Doesn't appear to have been any transmissions between staff at my work, even those that were in close contact with the workers that tested positive. About 8 employees got tested and they all came back negative. ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 3

On 1/12/2021 at 8:23 PM, Brisbot said:

Rudy Giuliani, "the honorable mayor of new york" during 9/11, is now one of the main players that lead to over 3,000 deaths daily - basically a 9/11 every day.

Trump is refusing to pay him now ?

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

lol+facepalm+sadface @ that tweet of Mike Pence:
"I’m proud to report with just a few days left in our Administration, our Administration is the first in decades that did not get America into a new war. That’s Peace through Strength."

Isn't it just plain sad that not starting a war (or for that matter being involved in an undemocratic foreign regime change) in a period of 4 years is now seen as an accomplishment?

Well, maybe it actually is sort of an accomplishment if you take a glance at this:
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_wars_involving_the_United_States
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_involvement_in_regime_change

Also, they almost started a war in their own country, and attempted a coup in their own country.
So... yeah...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

Isn't it just plain sad that not starting a war (or for that matter being involved in an undemocratic foreign regime change) in a period of 4 years is now seen as an accomplishment?

lol, yeah, taking a victory lap for not starting a war with another country is completely ridiculous. on the other hand though, we've just been through one of the most disastrously insane presidency's the US has ever seen and in fact DIDN'T get into a full on armed conflict with another country that could've wiped out massive chunks of the population...so the checks and balances must be given some props here. back in 2016, there was a very high probability that donnie and the R's would in fact get all of us here killed, largely thanks to the twitter microphone the head dumbass was carrying.

• Like 1

It wasn't from lack of trying. They had the Iranian general Soleimani assassinated. As well as that whole jingoism with North Korea business prior to that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Braintree said:

It wasn't from lack of trying. They had the Iranian general Soleimani assassinated. As well as that whole jingoism with North Korea business prior to that.

yeah despite that dickhead Bolton chomping at the bit, Vlad never gave donnie his blessing to go ahead with the Iranian thing, so saved by the Ruskies there...and the N. Korea rocketman/dotard bromance thankfully helped de-escalate the twitter battle that could've turned nuclear...or maybe it was Dennis Rodman who saved the world back then, can't remember with all the stupidness that has gone down during these epic clown show years...

There are news reporters every morning before the sun is even up down the sidewalk covering the vaccinations at a local school. People are literally tailgating before dawn for the rona fix.

1 hour ago, xox said:

I received the second dose of the vaccine today! ...and I’m still alive! ?✌️?

Did you feel the tracking chip when it went in?

• Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

The chip was included with the first dose. With the second dose you get additional batteries for the chip and a U2 album. :cisfor:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, xox said:
10 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

The chip was included with the first dose. With the second dose you get additional batteries for the chip and a U2 album. 

How's the album?

1 minute ago, xox said:

Not actually an album but 69 loops of acapellas of Bono The No.2 singing Happy birthday to Bill Gates

So the cure is actually worse than the disease...those Anti-VaQQers were right all along!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

So the cure is actually worse than the disease...those Anti-VaQQers were right all along!

well, actually... oh god! this is hard to admit! ...yes! they were right! i'm trying to find the undo function now! reading the manual atm :facepalm:

• Farnsworth 1

5 minutes ago, xox said:

well, actually... oh god! this is hard to admit! ...yes! they were right! i'm trying to find the undo function now! reading the manual atm :facepalm:

This is Microsoft just trying to catch up to Apple: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251184844

• Confused 1

Ok sciencey med-type geniuses out there in IDM-land:

So, my mom got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and is scheduled for her booster on February 4th. The cdc says “the second doses (of the Pfizer vaccine) administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid”

So my questions... even if that 4-day grace period is still “valid”, does a booster administered 5 days short of the 21 day recommended window lose effectiveness? I feel like I read somewhere that you don’t want to get that booster earlier because your immune system needs time to develop antibodies or whatnot and that it’s advised to wait longer as opposed to rush the second dose? Am I just imagining that I heard that? 
What does science say? 
If that 5-day thing is too soon, then wtf?? Amirite?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Ok sciencey med-type geniuses out there in IDM-land:

So, my mom got her first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and is scheduled for her booster on February 4th. The cdc says “the second doses (of the Pfizer vaccine) administered within a grace period of 4 days earlier than the recommended date for the second dose are still considered valid”

So my questions... even if that 4-day grace period is still “valid”, does a booster administered 5 days short of the 21 day recommended window lose effectiveness? I feel like I read somewhere that you don’t want to get that booster earlier because your immune system needs time to develop antibodies or whatnot and that it’s advised to wait longer as opposed to rush the second dose? Am I just imagining that I heard that? 
What does science say? 
If that 5-day thing is too soon, then wtf?? Amirite?

Asking for medical advice on a music forum :huh:

She'll probably be fine. Just a little out of tune is all.

• Haha 1

Not really that far fetched as there are several active posters here that have identified themselves as healthcare professionals... 

And then you go on giving the advice. Lel. 

Edited by user
  • Burger 1