IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, Braintree said:

There are still people that believe it doesn't exist.

yes, and just like finding out IRL friends you've known forever (but haven't kept up with in awhile) supported Trump - it is incredibly disheartening and emotionally confusing to see old friends post stuff about the "scamdemic" online. it's like you thought you knew this person fairly well at one point in life, and now it's like I'm not so sure any more. end of the day, I have to think is this worth losing a 20+ year friendship over, or bite my tongue and wait until it passes. or maybe this never passes, and they're lost down the rabbit hole forever... 

3 hours ago, very honest said:

half million dead in the states in less than 12 months. 

leading causes of death in the US are usually cancer and heart disease, each around a half million per year.

here's trump saying masks give you covid

trump is obviously insane. this type of talk from him is all about what he thinks wearing masks means to his image and how it reflects on him. it's his way of thinking and working. it's always about him. if you're wondering why he's saying such stupid things.. it's about him. 

2 hours ago, zero said:

or maybe this never passes, and they're lost down the rabbit hole forever... 

covid will be effectively a non threat in the US by May/June and a non threat globally by Fall

My prediction based on the recent numbers 

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, mister miller said:

covid will be effectively a non threat in the US by May/June and a non threat globally by Fall

there's about 100 countries that haven't vaccinated a single person. 

29 minutes ago, mister miller said:

that sounds a little too optimistic. 

and I suppose my rambling about never passing and rabbit holes was more about all the insane BS people believe in now because someone said it online, and therefore it must be true.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zero said:

yes, and just like finding out IRL friends you've known forever (but haven't kept up with in awhile) supported Trump - it is incredibly disheartening and emotionally confusing to see old friends post stuff about the "scamdemic" online. it's like you thought you knew this person fairly well at one point in life, and now it's like I'm not so sure any more. end of the day, I have to think is this worth losing a 20+ year friendship over, or bite my tongue and wait until it passes. or maybe this never passes, and they're lost down the rabbit hole forever... 

I have a friend that got kicked out of city hall for not wanting to wear a mask last spring or summer. These people are out there, unfortunately. I had a different friend recently ask "do you actually know anyone that's gotten it?" which I felt I had to shut down super fast.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2021 at 3:14 PM, Cryptowen said:

Seems to be on schedule for the first week of March. All the movie theatres etc are being opened back up for the children, which imo is another example of the ridiculous handling of the lockdown procedure (along with keeping schools open while shutting down basically everything else for months & months). I feel like there's a strong likelihood that cases will go back up as a result of this, and that will be justification for keeping all of these measures in place even longer.

It's been kind of wild to watch the public opinion shift since the early fall. I feel like most people (who weren't covid conspiracy theorist or anti-government types more generally) were all onboard the "we're in this together!" train prior to the second lockdown starting in October. But the handling of this second lockdown has been widely seen as extremely incompetent. The idea of 8PM curfew being maintained once it's no longer dark at 8PM (so let's say another couple months) seems to be what a lot of people are pointing to as their ultimate breaking point.

tbh it's depressing going on the montreal reddit page & gradually seeing more & more randos talking about how they feel like their life has completely stalled, how their marriage is falling apart, how they've developed a substance dependency or have gotten extremely out of shape. I've got to count my blessings here - sure I'm a little pissy about not being able to lift weights, but in most ways my mental health is more stable than its ever been, and in some areas of my life (reading, making music) I've been really thriving this last year.

this

all of it

(except the lifting weight part)

Edited by fxbip
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I have a friend that got kicked out of city hall for not wanting to wear a mask last spring or summer. These people are out there, unfortunately. I had a different friend recently ask "do you actually know anyone that's gotten it?" which I felt I had to shut down super fast.

Yeah...my own sister chucked out that there'd been no excess deaths and 'they' were just recording all deaths as c-19. She mentioned it in such an offhand way, I was completely blindsided. After more probing, turns out she's both anti vax AND anti lockdown. Fucking pick one luv, otherwise we're never gonna get out of this mess.

Silly cow.

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

trump is obviously insane. this type of talk from him is all about what he thinks wearing masks means to his image and how it reflects on him. it's his way of thinking and working. it's always about him. if you're wondering why he's saying such stupid things.. it's about him. 

i wonder if 200,000 americans would be alive if the narcissist didn't wear orange makeup.

assuming it was only malignant narcissism is being generous. he facilitated its spread at every turn.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

This second dose is not a game. It was unusual in that my arm got immediately sore--less than 5 minutes after injection. The first dose was no different than a standard vaccination; like a 2 out of 10 on soreness scale on the next day.

I got the second jab yesterday at 0730. By 0030 that night, it's exactly like the flu: restlessness that goes into muscle pains, chills, runny nose. Everyone is different but use that 17 hour lag time to clean up, get snacks, etc. 

24 hours out and feeling proper shite. I'm at 102F (39C) currently. What I hate most is the low-key delerium/neuropsych stuff that comes with these states. Some theorize that inflammatory states and poor sleep could be behind up to 80% of the psychiatric diagnostic corpus. 

Anyway, I'm extremely grateful for my 5G chip and this experience is like hand in glove with the new Adam Curtis doc, which I just wrapped up. We're all gonna be(obey)ok ?

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

12 minutes ago, xxx said:

This second dose is not a game. It was unusual in that my arm got immediately sore--less than 5 minutes after injection. The first dose was no different than a standard vaccination; like a 2 out of 10 on soreness scale on the next day.

I got the second jab yesterday at 0730. By 0030 that night, it's exactly like the flu: restlessness that goes into muscle pains, chills, runny nose. Everyone is different but use that 17 hour lag time to clean up, get snacks, etc. 

24 hours out and feeling proper shite. I'm at 102F (39C) currently. What I hate most is the low-key delerium/neuropsych stuff that comes with these states. Some theorize that inflammatory states and poor sleep could be behind up to 80% of the psychiatric diagnostic corpus. 

Anyway, I'm extremely grateful for my 5G chip and this experience is like hand in glove with the new Adam Curtis doc, which I just wrapped up. We're all gonna be(obey)ok ?

Hang in there, brother.

45 minutes ago, xxx said:

Has Bill Gates contacted you yet? I heard you got a personal welcome message once the chip was implanted.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, xxx said:

Been there (minus actual fever, tho i still had chills), should be over in a day or two... All it took in my case was 12 hours of sleep. Get well soon! ?

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Thanks 1

On 2/24/2021 at 9:29 PM, mister miller said:

far too many people assuming that if their country is vaccinated, the issue is solved. unfortunately, it's global ... every pocket of significant population size generates variants. every variant has the potential to break any existing vaccine. any vaccination done can be undone by this process. covid is endemic now. it will take years (if ever entirely possible) to eradicate it. more likely we'll always be dealing with it. annual boosters or new versions of a vaccine that has to keep dealing with the tracked variants of most concern or prevalence.

i've noticed a lot of USA folk having trouble wrapping their head around viruses, transmission, protection over the last year. not blaming, just pointing it out - i think it's both trump, the population size, and the effects of social media, poor news outlets and so on.

for those that don't think it's real, i assume it's a shock to their system and they can't quantify or accept the hugely varying intersecting issues.

i lost a family member to it around a year ago. i've seen friends lose their taste and smell. one colleague of my brothers had a friend who fell ill and tested positive before christmas; two days from positive results to death. it can happy very quickly. and will keep happening for years to come.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I think I’d rather have the vaccine made from inactivate virus rather than the MRNA version. You develop different antibodies for the MRNA generated spike protein and the natural virus spike protein. I hope we aren’t tagging ourselves with biological markers that can later be targeted with a bio weapon. Think of something like ADE with Dengue fever but done on purpose by a malicious actor.

I am not saying MRNA Covid vaccines are unsafe or that they are bio weapons. I noticed China and Russia are using vaccines based on attenuated virus, not the MRNA versions. I also noticed the doctor in Memphis who died recently was reported to have antibodies for both the natural variant and the MRNA variant. I’m not saying he died for any reason, I just thought it was interesting that they were able to distinguish between different antibodies. It got me putting on my black hat with the thought experiment of using that as a biological marker to attack a host with a specific antibody. If a host with antibodies for the natural virus can be left alone but with antibodies for the MRNA variant can be attacked that would be pretty bad. I hope it’s not possible to do that.

• Confused 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:03 PM, hijexx said:

I think I’d rather have the vaccine made from inactivate virus rather than the MRNA version. You develop different antibodies for the MRNA generated spike protein and the natural virus spike protein. I hope we aren’t tagging ourselves with biological markers that can later be targeted with a bio weapon. Think of something like ADE with Dengue fever but done on purpose by a malicious actor.

I am not saying MRNA Covid vaccines are unsafe or that they are bio weapons. I noticed China and Russia are using vaccines based on attenuated virus, not the MRNA versions. I also noticed the doctor in Memphis who died recently was reported to have antibodies for both the natural variant and the MRNA variant. I’m not saying he died for any reason, I just thought it was interesting that they were able to distinguish between different antibodies. It got me putting on my black hat with the thought experiment of using that as a biological marker to attack a host with a specific antibody. If a host with antibodies for the natural virus can be left alone but with antibodies for the MRNA variant can be attacked that would be pretty bad. I hope it’s not possible to do that.

They will send out swarms of AI controlled drones who measure the antibody profile of every biological organism around them and automatically annihilate everyone who has received a bio marker by the government disguised as a Covid-19 vaccination

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, dingformung said:

They will send out swarms of AI controlled drones who measure the antibody profile of every biological organism around them and automatically annihilate everyone who has received a bio marker by the government disguised as a Covid-19 vaccination

This way we can finally kill these fucking bats!

• Burger 1

On 2/26/2021 at 5:03 PM, hijexx said:

I noticed China and Russia are using vaccines based on attenuated virus, not the MRNA versions. 

That might be because it's fairly new tech (you know, only 50 years old vs 200 years for attenuated virus vaccines) and only a handful of companies have it, namely Pfizer and Modern.

You develop different antibodies for the MRNA generated spike protein and the natural virus spike protein.

Indeed. For "natural virus" you develop antibodies for the attenuated virus (which is not a corona virus in most cases but a rhino virus, iirc) with spikes attached to it whereas for MRNA vaccines you develop antibodies for the spike protein itself. So in the former case you "waste" some immunity (in a sense) on a weakened carrier virus whereas for an MRNA vaccine it all goes to the spikes.

I also noticed the doctor in Memphis who died recently was reported to have antibodies for both the natural variant and the MRNA variant. I’m not saying he died for any reason, I just thought it was interesting that they were able to distinguish between different antibodies.

I guess the "natural variant" antibodies were for some other protein in the virus? Not really surprising but, like you say, interesting that technology has now progressed to a level where we can see what antibodies are for. Cool.

However:

If a host with antibodies for the natural virus can be left alone but with antibodies for the MRNA variant can be attacked that would be pretty bad. I hope it’s not possible to do that.

I'm pretty sure technology has not yet progressed to a level where we can detect antibodies inside people and analyse them. Pretty sure the antibodies of the Memphis doctor were analyzed in a lab ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

vanity fair getting might Onion like w/the headlines:

Republican Governors Celebrate COVID Anniversary With Bold Plan to Kill Another 500,000 Americans

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/03/greg-abbott-texas-covid-restrictions

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3