IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

On 3/20/2021 at 9:17 PM, toaoaoad said:

People getting pissy that they are being deprived of leisure travel need to stfu and suck it up. 

I haven't seen my gf living in China for 16 months now. If it takes a vaccination to see her again then just I'll happily take any of the available vaccines.

China recently made business travel to China easier if you've had the Chinese vaccine, but the Chinese vaccine is not currently available in Finland.:facepalm: They are planning to extend the rule to other vaccines, but who knows how long that change will take.

On 3/21/2021 at 9:45 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Are other countries besides the US discussing the possibility of employers requiring proof of vaccinations for employment?

My friend living in Ecuador had to get vaccinated to be able to go back to lecturing and the Chinese vaccine was the only one available..

I’m scheduled to get the vaccine next week, my parents have got it, and my wife and daughter got their first shots. No side effects really, other than arm pains. We had Covid a couple months ago and for us it was pretty minor, but I still haven’t got my smell all the way back.

I just heard on NPR yesterday that music festivals were being scheduled again. I really wanted to go to Movement again, the one a couple years ago with Orbital was awesome, and then the next year Covid hit and Underworld canceled. That was the last real show I had been to (well I saw Tim and Eric live, but not the same thing haha). I had tickets to see Kraftwerk last July- canceled. 

It’s really nice to see that they are scheduling events, even tho I haven’t seen anything I’m too crazy about. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psn said:

Didn't fall for it. ?

Seriously. Been in a lucky area, today was the first time that I’ve happened to head out on a rare mandatory mask day. Otherwise never see them. Nearest cases 2000km away right now.

• Like 3

I'm at least half-immune now, though I've never experienced symptoms since this all started. Second vaccination is on 4/20 of all days (not by my choosing)

• Like 3

I'm scheduled to get my first shot on Tuesday. I have to drive an hour away, but that's fine. It's a nice drive, and it took forever to find an appt. I'm just glad this shit is nearing the final stretch.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Braintree said:

I'm just glad this shit is nearing the final stretch.

odd use of the phrase ‘final stretch’. i’d say ‘end of the beginning’, and even then, denial is rife within leaders of some countries, so not even close to wrapping their heads around there being a problem, let alone solving it. variants will generate, vaccines will require revisions, problems will persist. likely for decades.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, logboy said:

odd use of the phrase ‘final stretch’. i’d say ‘end of the beginning’, and even then, denial is rife within leaders of some countries, so not even close to wrapping their heads around there being a problem, let alone solving it. variants will generate, vaccines will require revisions, problems will persist. likely for decades.

More like the beginning of the end. It's probably not really going to be over for another year and half if you really get down to it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Haven’t seen much writing yet on how long the vaccines prove effective before a booster is needed:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/long-covid-19-vaccine-protection-204000577.html

nightly news here and NPR said 6 months at least w/fauci interviews and others. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/legault-quebec-april-6-covid-19-measures-1.5977107

glad the government is looking out for the well-being of its society by shutting everything down again

dunno why they've got a picture of legault indicating the size of his penis tho

Edited by Cryptowen

I remember early on there was this reddit post doing the rounds, about how the virus was going to mutate in the Brazilian bat population. But I guess Bolsonaro decided to give it direct access to their human population instead.

• Like 1

One of my in laws was just hospitalized with Covid today, and she was fully vaccinated. She was super careful too, so it seems pretty scary.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Farnsworth 1

One of my nurse friends said that they were asked to report cases of vaccinated patients contracting covid again to the CDC. That must mean it's more prevalent than previously thought.

Must be. There was an article about Chile the other day that said the vast majority of the country had been vaccinated (admittedly for a large part with Sinovac, but still) and yet their hospitals were overflowing again.

Not good.

35 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Must be. There was an article about Chili the other day that said the vast majority of the country had been vaccinated (admittedly for a large part with Sinovac, but still) and yet their hospitals were overflowing again.

Not good.

You have a link to that article?

5 hours ago, manmower said:

I remember early on there was this reddit post doing the rounds, about how the virus was going to mutate in the Brazilian bat population. But I guess Bolsonaro decided to give it direct access to their human population instead.

i remember this too. i think it's linked somewhere in this thread. 

5 hours ago, Himelstein said:

One of my in laws was just hospitalized with Covid today, and she was fully vaccinated. She was super careful too, so it seems pretty scary.

Ok- false alarm, they ran multiple tests and it was a false positive. I was thinking she was suddenly going to be in the news or something, plus I was starting to get depressed about the possibility of the vaccines being bullshit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

Ok- false alarm, they ran multiple tests and it was a false positive. I was thinking she was suddenly going to be in the news or something, plus I was starting to get depressed about the possibility of the vaccines being bullshit.

glad it turned out that way! 

people have gotten infected after vaccination but so far the symptoms are mild. fingers crossed it stays that way. 

• Like 1

Felt like I was the last person on earth but I got my vaccine today.

I don't mind getting covid and I understand thats a risk after being vaccinated but its my understanding I won't die now if I get it. Thats a big plus for my daughter's future.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acid1 said:

Felt like I was the last person on earth but I got my vaccine today.

My wife and practically my whole family has been vaccinated, except me, and I work for one of the companies that produced a vaccine.  :cisfor:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2