IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

On 5/4/2021 at 2:38 PM, Braintree said:

I feel that California is opening too fast. Feels like they've set some arbitrary time and are doggedly adhering to that goal. SF is in the yellow tier (least restrictive tier) starting this week, and I think LA is moving there soon, so maybe I'm wrong.

It's probably true that places are opening too fast after vaccines. The social psychology of it is understandable, but the risk is ridiculous.

For me I'm getting my first shot on the 17th (either Moderna or Pfizer) so that will be somewhat of a relief. Hopefully as Canada increases its supply of vaccines the wait for the second shot will decrease.

i went to a BBQ today by a river 30 minutes from home. a monday BBQ is the fucking jam. was awesome. everyone there was fully or partially vaccinated. a couple friends had gotten married last year and I hadn't seen them..  and in a moment of excitement i said congrats and gave her a hug.. not even thinking about it. 

a few minutes later i realized what i'd done. totally forgetting about covid.. so went and apologized. she apologized too which was funny. she is fully vax'd as am i. still was weird for a minute.. even though we were outdoors and vaccinated i had a moment of forehead slapping panic. 

resocializing was strange for a few minutes then normalized and it was awesome to see people and catch up and i ended up hanging out for like 4 hours snacking and catching up w/people i haven't seen in quite a while. and there was a dog present as well so a very complete day. 

fucking needed. 

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

resocializing was strange for a few minutes then normalized and it was awesome to see people and catch up and i ended up hanging out for like 4 hours snacking and catching up w/people i haven't seen in quite a while. and there was a dog present as well so a very complete day. 

fucking needed. 

Oh man. I feel you. We went to our friend’s house the other day to grill up some burgers and it was our first non-masked hang out and first time in someone else’s house in over a year. It was also our first time taking our 6 month baby (we got pregnant one month before the pandemic and gave birth at the height of it, which is a whole other story) to someone’s house and our first time letting someone hold our baby that wasn’t a doctor. We were all fully vaccinated, obviously. Super strange feeling. 
then yesterday, we went out for Mother’s Day with some close friends and their twin 5 year olds and only the father was fully vaxxed so we let him hold the baby but one of his twins kept taking off their mask and getting close to the baby and I was tweaking pretty hard, even tho we were outdoors. 
It’s great being vaxxed and all but I’m definitely having a little difficulty adjusting back into stuff, even though it’s getting safer. I think it’s just trying so hard for so long to play it super safe especially because of the baby… and now we have the baby to worry about because babies won’t get the vaccine for a while still… although the science suggests there’s some protection in antibodies through breast milk, but it’s unclear how much. Ugh. 

• Like 4

I’m about a week post-Moderna two. I didn’t have terrible side effects from either shot.

I felt a bit loopy and tired after the first shot for a day, and then felt a bit hungover the next day.  I mean, pretty standard Friday-Saturday for me tbqh, but with a bit more arm pain and without consuming any of the edible stash. 

The side effects for dose 2 were milder.  Arm hurt for a day and then felt a little hot to the touch and slightly itchy for a few days after that... and that was really it. 

Don’t know if having probable Ronie in March 2020 had anything to do with dose 2 being pretty easy on me.  In any event, was a decent trip, would recommend. 

edit: congrats on successfully making babby, JRoo

Edited by baph
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, ignatius said:

black fungus sounds awful. 

Of course :facepalm:

With so many people with now compromised immune systems around something like this was bound to happen. I wonder what other rare conditions suddenly aren't going to be rare anymore.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 12:58 PM, dcom said:

Got my first jab of Pfizer-Biontech about an hour ago, second dose at end of July. Better living through chemistry.

No adverse side-effects, the injection spot on my left upper arm had less than two days of pain when pressure was applied - and that's from physical tissue damage from the needle.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

the cdc announcement today was good news but the headlines bury the lead. fauchi was talking about how they've disovered a way to build a vaccine that would create immunity against most coronavirus strains (i.e. covid19, sars, mers, the common cold) and has proven effective in tests on primates.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Got my first jab booked in for next Thursday! And second jab booked for start of August. So glad. 

So all being well, I will be fully Vaxx'd before heading off to Houghton Festival for 4 nights of music and people mid August ?

• Like 2

This new CDC mask guideline is incredibly stupid, it will confuse the public that already doesn’t want to wear masks, make a lot of people think no one has to wear a mask at all anywhere anymore, make those anti-maskers say see? these were worthless the whole time, and some Americans will just lie and say they’ve been vaccinated. I really hope we have enough vaccinated so far to counter this, and hope we don’t see a more aggressive mutation take hold in the US. ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Big Brain 1

27 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

This new CDC mask guideline is incredibly stupid, it will confuse the public that already doesn’t want to wear masks, make a lot of people think no one has to wear a mask at all anywhere anymore, make those anti-maskers say see? these were worthless the whole time, and some Americans will just lie and say they’ve been vaccinated. I really hope we have enough vaccinated so far to counter this, and hope we don’t see a more aggressive mutation take hold in the US. ? 

Exactly. I’m fully vaccinated and I still wear a mask in public (even though I may not need it) just so people are reminded about “oh yeah… there’s a pandemic happening”. 

• Like 1

Had my first jab today. Impressed with the efficiency and general vibe. 4G is shit in my area, so happy to be on 5G now. 

15 hours ago, Nebraska said:

pointless observation: just discovered there is a new genre of music called scam rap where you basically confess your felonies to a beat

• Burger 1

28 minutes ago, BCM said:

you think many people are unaware at this point?

If you lived where I live you would think so. In my neighborhood, throughout the entire past year, my block has had more unmasked house parties than I can count, prior to and post vaccines becoming available. It's one of the areas of my city with the highest case counts and I definitely can see why. I don't know if it's a church thing or what but it appears nobody here got the fuckin memo. Frankly, it has been nothing short of terrifying living here for this very reason. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, BCM said:

you think many people are unaware at this point?

I would also say that yes, many people are unaware. A large proportion of people are dumbasses who are in denial about the pandemic, or still haven't understood the basics of how the virus is transmitted and how to prevent its spread

• Like 5