IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Article on Americans’ tendency to lie, part of what’s so worrisome about this mask mandate is that lying and cruelty have become normalized & baked into the Republican ethos thanks to Trump, so if they’re still lying about the election, them how insignificant is lying about a vaccine to them?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/05/15/new-mask-rules-trust-americans-honest-vaccine-status/5107686001/

• Like 4

On 5/15/2021 at 12:51 PM, dcom said:

know that UK has the largest number of CCTV cameras anywhere

That would actually be China.

Got my first Pfizer jab today. About 13 minutes ago. Can definitely feel the nanobots assembling the chip in my arm. 
I expect my Soros rebate soon. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

In absolute numbers, yes.

Per capita the US wins. Just one link of many:

https://asiatimes.com/2019/12/guess-who-has-more-cctv-cameras-per-capita/

Most surprising on that list is Germany. Would’ve thought they were *way* down.

The Top Surveillance Cities Worldwide (this is the most recent-seeming one I could quickly find). Thank you for making me update my legacy knowledge, should look into things more often to keep fresh.

This is the actual data.

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Article on Americans’ tendency to lie, part of what’s so worrisome about this mask mandate is that lying and cruelty have become normalized & baked into the Republican ethos thanks to Trump, so if they’re still lying about the election, them how insignificant is lying about a vaccine to them?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/health/2021/05/15/new-mask-rules-trust-americans-honest-vaccine-status/5107686001/

if you're vaccinated, it wont matter if someone is lying. the vaccine is good enough to protect you from them which, along with that vaccinated people won't spread covid, is why they changed the guidelines.

14 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

In absolute numbers, yes.

Per capita the US wins. Just one link of many:

https://asiatimes.com/2019/12/guess-who-has-more-cctv-cameras-per-capita/

Most surprising on that list is Germany. Would’ve thought they were *way* down.

A fair point, although given China's huge population, that's not surprising. Urban surveillance, China is comfortably in the lead in "serving their citizens", at least in the number of cities in the top 10. Chinese people also apparently trust their police very much. (This article also talks about CHinese use of drones to patrol some wildlife reserves, using 5G technology - which show the true purpose of the 5G chip in the vaccine (sarcasm, please take note))

I'd say in the end, all cities will have CCTV, and depending on how they're used, will have minimal impact on people's privacy that they don't already willingly give away to telco companies. The reality is that law enforcement in most countries (including the big bad Five Eyes countries) do not have the capacity to monitor these 24/7 and the footage will be used for evidentiary purposes.

44 minutes ago, dcom said:

The Top Surveillance Cities Worldwide (this is the most recent-seeming one I could quickly find). Thank you for making me update my legacy knowledge, should look into things more often to keep fresh.

This is the actual data.

Wow ... two Indian cities on #1 and #2. Didn't expect that. London on the list is not surprising (pretty sure the UK was the worldwide #1 before China overtook them. Like you say: legacy knowledge).

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I'd say in the end, all cities will have CCTV,

I'd say so too.  Everything that is possible, usually ends up being done. Pretty sure that whatever it is China is doing will be the future for the rest of the world as well, for better or for worse.

and depending on how they're used, will have minimal impact on people's privacy that they don't already willingly give away to telco companies. The reality is that law enforcement in most countries (including the big bad Five Eyes countries) do not have the capacity to monitor these 24/7 and the footage will be used for evidentiary purposes.

Hopefully. You're right a lot of the data collected is useless. All those CCTV camera's haven't stopped a single lone wolf terrorist attack, school shooting or storming of the centre of government.

At the same time, things might get very nasty for you if you end up on the wrong end of a government shit list and they decide to use all that surveillance against you. The people in Xinjiang know everything about that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rhmilo said:

Wow ... two Indian cities on #1 and #2. Didn't expect that. London on the list is not surprising (pretty sure the UK was the worldwide #1 before China overtook them. Like you say: legacy knowledge).

Pretty standard.  The English do something first in a clumsy R&D kinda way then china copies it in a bigger more profitable fashion ?

Having my first jab on Thursday! Then going camping for 2 nights - hopefully minimal side effects otherwise ill just be laying around in my tent feeling sad.

It's recommended to get the second dose 3-4 weeks after the first one to ensure it's actually effective, and my country's decided to make the second dose available... 16 weeks after the first?   lol???  I give up.

14 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

It's recommended to get the second dose 3-4 weeks after the first one to ensure it's actually effective, and my country's decided to make the second dose available... 16 weeks after the first?   lol???  I give up.

Have you got the first dose?

Is that happening all over Canada?

Edited by Himelstein

I have my first scheduled for the 22nd.  As far as I know, this is the "plan" for the whole country.  I'm going off my friends' ranting... but she's usually really on top of this stuff, so i believe her.

14 hours ago, nikisoko said:

if you're vaccinated, it wont matter if someone is lying. the vaccine is good enough to protect you from them which, along with that vaccinated people won't spread covid, is why they changed the guidelines.

it looks good for vax'd people. though some vax'd people have been infected w/covid. not sure if any of them were hospitalized as a result. previously, i understood herd immunity to be the only thing that will protect everyone. since the vaccines are 95% effective i guess that means that 95% of the people will be protected 100% of the time but that remaining 5% could still get infected.. the only way to protect that 5% of people is to have nearly everyone get vaccinated. 

perhaps these mrna vaccines will work better? idk. i think 95% wasn't entirely accurate when i read that article.. some while back. i think it's 98% for pfizer right? so even less of a chance of being infected and less than that of being infected and having serious illness. 

i've been to 2 outdoor unmasked events where everyone had at least their 1st shot and many people were full vaccinated. looking forward to more of that.

vaccine rates dropped at the mass vaccinations sites a while back in portland but have picked back up since they opened them up to younger people and no appointment needed. 

• Like 1

I’ve been to a couple small parties now where everyone except kids had both shots. Of course some (like me) had just got the second. But it definitely felt good to do that. Also we had people over to our house and throughout the pandemic we have been remodeling our kitchen and doing other things to the house. So it was cool having people in our new kitchen and all that shit.

That really sucks that you guys in Canada have had to wait so long, and then might have to wait even longer. Damn.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, o00o said:

I really wonder - are people not going to be vaccinated secretly afraid of injections ?

I’m sure that’s part of it. I’ve talked to a few people who aren’t going to do it. One of them is a science minded Trump guy who thinks evolution is weeding out the weak, and he’s not gonna be afraid or anything. One was an Ayurveda liberal guy who didn’t think it would be healthy and that he should be able to deal with it naturally or whatever. Either way, looking outside yourself you should be able to see the benefits of herd immunity.

But they also just might not believe any of it.

Edited by Himelstein

33 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

One of them is a science minded Trump guy who thinks evolution is weeding out the weak, and he’s not gonna be afraid or anything.

Evolution also weeds out the dumb.

• Like 1
  • Big Brain 1

4 minutes ago, Himelstein said:

Either way, looking outside yourself you should be able to see the benefits of herd immunity.

This is why I get vaccinated: I really don't care that much about myself, which means that I'm prepared to take whatever side-effects - if any, adverse or mild - so I can protect the people around me, known and unknown. Not getting vaccinated against respiratory infections is not an option for me, as my significant other has asthma - I'm primarily protecting her, but I get the rest of humanity as a bonus. The Finnish vaccination program is awesome - like me, our son got his first jabs at around two months, and has received more and boosters after that. You can always decline, but it's a statistically insignificant fraction of parents who don't participate in the program - so there's herd immunity for a lot of nasty things here by default (check the list from the link above) - and it's free. COVID-19 is currently a special case, so it's not in the program, but if boosters are going to be needed, it will be matter-of-factly added to the program, perhaps even included in the annual influenza jabs. I think the COVID-19 (and other infectious disease) deniers and anti-vaxxers are a more acute danger to humanity as solipsist infection vectors than the minuscule amount of adverse side-effects from the vaccinations - real or imaginary, present or future. Whether you understand this or not, you need to get vaccinated.

I must not fear.

Fear is the mind-killer.

Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.

I will face my fear.

I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

• Like 4

Just now, zkom said:

Evolution also weeds out the dumb.

I wouldn't count on it!

The dumb make more children. The majority might win over a "happy" few.

Plus, the orange guy had Covid and still walked away alive. Call that Darwin's mistake, if you will.

O, and btw, the supposedly smart aren't that smart either. We're all dumb shits. I see no reasonable high horse to jump on.

• Like 1