IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Mongolia played China and Russia against each other for vaccines, received them from both and now in the capital Ulaanbaatar 97% of adults have received at least the first jab and even country wide it's 55%. They're also paying about 18USD for people to get vaccinated which is quite a lot of money there.

China also has really amped up the vaccinations. About 13 million doses per day now, 450 million doses given in total.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

56 minutes ago, dingformung said:

just get vaccines so u dont get in2 trouble with the authorities

think of the former fetuses! be pro-life.

Me trying to figure out whether to trust a guy posting memes on a music board implying I'm a nazi or peer reviewed science journals publishing actual research results. Valid points and all.

tenor.gif

• Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

I think the dumbest aspect of vaccine conspiracy is that the theory is kind of reliant upon a global political coordination and cooperation involving global governments that have really poor relations.

Am I seriously to believe that the governments, researchers, peers, etc of USA, China, Russia, India, Israel, etc all conspired together against the populace to allow Bill Gates to get microchips in us?

I mean, if that's what's gonna unite world governments, maybe we should give them a chance. ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

I think the dumbest aspect of vaccine conspiracy is that the theory is kind of reliant upon a global political coordination and cooperation involving global governments that have really poor relations.

Am I seriously to believe that the governments, researchers, peers, etc of USA, China, Russia, India, Israel, etc all conspired together against the populace to allow Bill Gates to get microchips in us?

I mean, if that's what's gonna unite world governments, maybe we should give them a chance. ?

Watch out though. They have valid concerns. Or should I say VALID concerns. Somehow there always need to be words with capitals in their rants.

Potential valid concerns are: "I'm concerned the Earth may be flat", "I'm concerned that Hollywood actors suck the blood of young children" and "I'm concerned 5G will mess up my brain". 

And there's always some vague threat as well. You'll be a victim of some sorts if you don't believe what they believe. Like they're coming to get you. Who "they" are never becomes clear. But they're there. O, and they get insulted when you tell them they believe in conspiracy theories. Which is kind of odd when you look at the meaning in the dictionary. I guess the 5G did get to their head.

OK, this is mostly based on a discussion I had with a Q-Anon a couple of months ago. Who was warning me about the "big lie". I couldn't keep my curiosity. I mean, there's nothing wrong with trying to make the world a better place, but why support the violence from January 6th? It was quite bizarre. And I never got a real answer. Only warnings and all that. Could have been a Russian bot for all I know. But it's all they have: these supposedly valid concerns. Unsubstantiated. Out of proportion. Valid concerns. No reason. Lots of emotion. And you should be scared.

I guess I should also be concerned that the Dems ordered Nasa to build a device which attracts meteorites, to destroy civilisation. And build a new fascist capitalist world order for lizard people. Might be that some people are more easily convinced about anything which could concern. Even if it's a completely irrational concern. But hey, with a lack of solid information any concern becomes valid and rational...

Damn, I did a rant...

*puts on tinfoil hat and sucks thumb *

Walt Disney Animation GIF by Turner Classic Movies

• Like 2

extended family (steps) won't get vax'd even though there's people in the family with compromised immune systems and various health problems.  they're well educated adults and other than religious fundamentalism (evangelical christian) they're pretty normal... not into conspiracies, think trump was a loon, Qanon is absurd etc.. but for whatever reason they have some hangups when it comes to medical science.  they know people who got covid and 'were fine' and were even at some events where people in their church got covid and were later 'fine'.  so they're not gonna get the vaccine because 'it's no big deal'.

if i was a fetus i might be able to talk them into getting vaccinated. 

some people throw the baby out w/the bath water when it comes to medicine. somewhere along the way they had a bad experience or someone they know did so they discount all of it.  

not to get into to detail but there's a whole 'magical thinking' and 'can cure cancer with dietary changes' thread in some of this shit.. religious people can sometimes fall for scams.. like anyone but religion as an ingredient in the mix.. especially evangelical christianity w/its big $$ trendy clicks and fads is some potent weird shit to lay on people who want to believe. 

• Like 3

On 5/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, zero said:

wait, did you get the shot in your ass? 'cause that'd be pretty gangsta if you did...

"which arm"

"nah, just shoot it right here"

*drops trou*

hold still, wont u

giphy.gif?cid=790b761101c5ee1fbcf6602acd

• Like 3

Back when I was doing my military service I got 4 different vaccines at once because I forgot my vaccination card and they didn't know what I had already had.

Basically they laid me on the bed on my stomach with my pants pulled down and then two medics on each side first jabbed my arms simultaneously and then my buttocks simultaneously and the whole thing took like 2 minutes and then back to service.

Compared to that this corona vaccination was actually pretty pleasant operation. They even monitored me for 15 minutes!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

yep. 

the modern illuminati theory was literally spread as a troll. they chose the old bavarian illuminati thinking it was too ridiculous to catch on.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

When I was a kid, as my family was arranging to move to Myanmar, I had 11 separate inoculations over 7 days; in both arms, both legs, and my arse.  

i can't imagine how achey you must have felt after all that!

7 hours ago, Thu Zaw said:

lol. Also, if anyone has ever worked for the government in any capacity, then you know that things like, uh, efficiency and coordination are not ... hallmarks. Anything you want to do requires, like, 7 committees to review it, 4 planning meetings, 10 "implementation" meetings (that are really planning meetings but you talk about what you think you should be doing instead of actually doing it) and maybe 6 months later you've got everyone to agree to print an information card which, by this point, is woefully out of date. 

Imagining one government being able to coordinate even one of these conspiracy theories is laughable. The idea of multiple governments coordinating it is ludicrous. 

Back OT: A point of interest - my wife got her 2nd dose  of Moderna about a month ago. She's still breast feeding our infant, and I happen to be part of a study where I have monthly serology tests to monitor levels of antibodies in my bloodstream against COVID. We decided to test our infant last week - no dice, no appreciable levels of antibodies according to the test (which I don't think necessarily means anything - I'm not sure of the sensitivity of the test -it's an at-home yes/no type one). 

Just a bit of anecdotal info about conferring antibodies/immunity to children... will probably end up testing her again in a few weeks just to see if any change. 

• Like 4

The vaccine conspiracy is bringing everyone together so beautifully that even the old enemies Hamas and the Israeli government are working together on it to distribute the vaccines. Just brings a tear to my eye.

have not read this whole thread but have the vax skeptics in here explained what they think is really going on then? other than just saying "experimental" (which, is bad?) or "governments are cringe" or whatever?

idk kinda seems to me we are constantly participating in "experimental" bullshit as part of basic living in the modern world. i'd be willing to bet far more people have been seriously negatively impacted by the experiment of social media and "the apps" then will ever be hurt by a...um, vaccine for a deadly contagion. idk, just my "thoughts" here. 

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 7

On 5/18/2021 at 4:44 PM, ignatius said:

it's funny that the USA version of Utopia came out at the start of the pandemic and had to have disclaimers about it being a fiction etc.  british version is better imo. USA version is different and sort of gives up the game early on. tells it a bit different. music in the british version is far superior as are several of the key characters. 

Didn't even know there was a UK version. Wicked!

• Like 1