IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

I agree with this:

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2021/06/22/1007145368/opinion-vaccine-hesitancy-in-the-u-s-is-a-peculiar-privilege

So for the people who say, "I want to watch and wait," I would like to remind them that their vacillations are reckless and cruel. They upend the sacrifices we have all made together to end the pandemic. By not doing your part to reduce the risks, you increase the risks for all of us. And that's a very peculiar response to this catastrophic global pandemic.

• Like 3

the comments mentioning "my idiot coworker" and relatives and all the people saying they aren't getting vaccinated is just sad and cringe... in regards to many things..  in this reddit post.. if the delta variant takes over as expected these people will all get sick. it's very transmissible even more so than the other very transmissible variants. 

Or as my dangerously stupid co-worker once said, “it’s suspicious how they make the virus only hurt people who aren’t getting those shots”.

direct link to article:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/22/us/florida-manatee-county-coronavirus-outbreak/index.html

idocracy has long been upon us. 

some places the health authority is expecting another wave because of so many unvaccinated people. mostly red states where vaccination rates are low. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

I shouldn’t be, but I continue to be shocked every time I see the national vaccination rate is still hovering around 50%. The deaths and cases keep sliding down but it’s only because people with working brains are getting vaccinated.
If you haven’t gotten the vaccine and you feel a little bit safer and you are able to resume life as usual, you should understand why. 
Privilege, indeed. Fuckin shitheads, man. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

idocracy has long been upon us. 

for real. someone in one of these threads commented on something saying "this is why we can't have nice things." well THIS is why we can't have nice things. fucking idiots out there ruin it for those of us who try and live our lives following basic common sense principles. 

there is something out there that could save your life, given to you for free, and you won't take it because of a host of BS reasons that have been stuffed in your head thanks to the internet giving way to privileged thinking. bravo, modern day civilization. 

• Like 5

Got my first nanobots injection.

Didn't opt for 5G or magnets, 'cause obviously they're pretty damn useless.

Nanobots are the way to go imo. I mean:

• +1 HP regen / turn
  • unlocks toughness without having to spend a feat when leveling up
  • +25% resistance vs any source that would do damage over time
  • +1 on all your dice rolls when interacting with any future tech

Need I say more.
Really, any self-respecting watmmer should choose this free upgrade.
Yeah, it's free. lol

• Like 1

I'm pfully pfizered now, my now heavily pregnant wife is completely unvaxed because the guidance (UK) for a most of the pregnancy was to not get it.

That guidance has subsequently changed, as of a month ago I think, but the reasons were a bit wishy washy so we decided she should just get it after the baby. Due august 9th.

We keep swinging between "it's the right decision" and "we're making a terrible mistake".

Give us medical advice please watmm

Just now, Amen Warrior said:

I'm pfully pfizered now, my now heavily pregnant wife is completely unvaxed because the guidance (UK) for a most of the pregnancy was to not get it.

That guidance has subsequently changed, as of a month ago I think, but the reasons were a bit wishy washy so we decided she should just get it after the baby. Due august 9th.

We keep swinging between "it's the right decision" and "we're making a terrible mistake".

Give us medical advice please watmm

We've been discussing the same thing. We'll probably get offered to get vaccinated in 2-3 months, but we're also trying our best to have a baby so we don't really know what to do?

• Like 1

My wife got her 1st Pfizer shot in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy (following official guidance here in France) and her second one after our daughter’s birth (she arrived a tad early, on June 1st). Not a single side effect.

I also got my 2 shots of Pfizer, and experienced exhaustion after the 2nd one. But I’m pretty sure it was because of sleep deprivation from night bottle-feeding. 

Edited by Nil
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nil said:

My wife got her 1st Pfizer shot in her 3rd trimester of pregnancy (following official guidance here in France) and her second one after our daughter’s birth (she arrived a tad early, on June 1st). Not a single side effect.

I also got my 2 shots of Pfizer, and experienced exhaustion after the 2nd one. But I’m pretty sure it was because of sleep deprivation from night bottle-feeding. 

Thanks, and congrats ? I'm beginning to think we should do the same as you. It's not such a concern at the mo because we're not really mixing with anyone, but loads of different people are going to want to come see us and the baby when he comes. I think that part is going to be risky for them both if she hasn't had a jab and delta is raging at that point.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, MaartenVC said:

Got my first nanobots injection.

Didn't opt for 5G or magnets, 'cause obviously they're pretty damn useless.

Nanobots are the way to go imo. I mean:

• +1 HP regen / turn
  • unlocks toughness without having to spend a feat when leveling up
  • +25% resistance vs any source that would do damage over time
  • +1 on all your dice rolls when interacting with any future tech

Need I say more.
Really, any self-respecting watmmer should choose this free upgrade.
Yeah, it's free. lol

You were supposed to roll a 30-sided die, not a 20

My wife had her 1st shot given about a month after our daughter was born. You'll probably find the obstetrics ward pretty locked down (1/2hr visit from just yourself allowed), after release we just kept visitor numbers at home sensible (3 other people basically) until the shots were out the way. Plenty of park meetings though, good excuse to get the pram and get out of the house.

• Like 4

That reminds me I should probably do something about the pile of jizz encrusted socks and sweaters that’s been stewing in a corner of my room. 

• Haha 3
  • Farnsworth 1

17 minutes ago, user said:

That reminds me I should probably do something about the pile of jizz encrusted socks and sweaters that’s been stewing in a corner of my room. 

I’ll take your entire stock. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Plum said:

I’ll take your entire stock. 

Splendid. Have your people meet my people on the former pruisian side of the Three Emperors Corner before sundown. Each item will be individually vacuum sealed and ready for immediate consumption, or further processing, depending on your needs. 

6 hours ago, Amen Warrior said:

Thanks, and congrats ? I'm beginning to think we should do the same as you. It's not such a concern at the mo because we're not really mixing with anyone, but loads of different people are going to want to come see us and the baby when he comes. I think that part is going to be risky for them both if she hasn't had a jab and delta is raging at that point.

Thank you ! Part of the logic behind the official recommandation is also to avoid being infected by Covid-19 while at the hospital. One of the benefits of the pandemic is that visits at the hospital are suspended here in France, so the overall atmosphere is super serene, which is truly wonderful.

Edited by Nil