IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

the canadian economy seems like it's being held together by ducttape & balsa wood at this point; it'd be pretty bad if they did another lockdown.

my understanding is that it might be more psychological than anything else - apparently companies here are having trouble hiring. it's like people have just lost interest in working. maybe part of it is that it's pretty much impossible to buy a home anymore? after a decade of historically low prospects, millenials might be saying no more, Butchie, no more of this

9 hours ago, ghsotword said:

myu1keF.png

There is still some chance that the number of new COVID cases per day in the UK will not hit a new all time high before the grand reopening on July 19th

The Netherlands is doing great as well:

• Sad 4

37 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

wow Florida is leading the US in COVID and HIV infections. Aim for the stars.

fckn nuts

Florida makes up 20% of new US COVID-19 infections, White House officials say

4 states currently make up 40% of all cases

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2021/07/16/florida-makes-up-20-of-new-us-covid-19-infections-white-house-officials-say/

On 7/16/2021 at 9:40 PM, ghsotword said:

myu1keF.png

Well yes but compare to hospitalisations and deaths (i.e. see how the curves in the graphs below for the last wave in January were all in sync but this time they are not.)

image.png.f7918c35ce12442111645c73104555a5.png

Cases way up, hospital very slightly up (but less critical patients and shorter stays in hospital), deaths remain low.

That said, it does feel like a big leap into the unknown. Things looked much better about a month ago.

Edited by zazen

52 minutes ago, zazen said:

Well yes but compare to hospitalisations and deaths (i.e. see how the curves in the graphs below for the last wave in January were all in sync but this time they are not.)

image.png.f7918c35ce12442111645c73104555a5.png

Cases way up, hospital very slightly up (but less critical patients and shorter stays in hospital), deaths remain low.

That said, it does feel like a big leap into the unknown. Things looked much better about a month ago.

Please stay safe, UK members. I fear this reopening will be bad. ? 

9 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

wow Florida is leading the US in COVID and HIV infections. Aim for the stars.

Aim for the SARS

• Haha 1

• BCM locked this topic