IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

18 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

China will supply Italy with 1,000 ventilators and 2 million masks. Additionally, they will donate 100k respirators, 20k protective suits, and 50k test kits

https://www.corriere.it/politica/20_marzo_10/coronavirus-mille-respiratori-cina-telefonata-maio-wang-yi-faa5f50a-62b6-11ea-a693-c7191bf8b498.shtml

Holy shit

I still don't understand the CDC stance on testing. Do they not know about incubation time and the fact that the virus is highly contagious?

Also, there's this, which is a little worrying

CFR = deaths / (deaths + recovered)

which, with the latest data available, would be equal to:

4,269 / (4,269 + 65,105) = 6% CFR (worldwide)

If we now exclude cases in mainland China, using current data on deaths and recovered cases, we get:

1,133 / (1,133 + 4,990) = 18.5% CFR (outside of mainland China)

Edited by Gocab

Maybe it was all the guys Trump fired who knew that stuff?

...more seriously, I'm sure they do know, they're either being deliberately hamstrung by the white house, or it's just down to them being massively under resourced. 

1 hour ago, caze said:

Maybe it was all the guys Trump fired who knew that stuff?

...more seriously, I'm sure they do know, they're either being deliberately hamstrung by the white house, or it's just down to them being massively under resourced. 

defunded lot's of things including CDC including some of the pandemic crew of people who handle this kind of shit. 

2 hours ago, Gocab said:

I still don't understand the CDC stance on testing. Do they not know about incubation time and the fact that the virus is highly contagious?

Also, there's this, which is a little worrying

CFR = deaths / (deaths + recovered)

which, with the latest data available, would be equal to:

4,269 / (4,269 + 65,105) = 6% CFR (worldwide)

If we now exclude cases in mainland China, using current data on deaths and recovered cases, we get:

1,133 / (1,133 + 4,990) = 18.5% CFR (outside of mainland China)

what's also fucked up is they aren't letting local labs do testing. it all gets sent to the CDC for results. there's some ways around this but that testing doesn't become part of the data set they work from. for example univ. of Washington has an ongoing research project about flu and epidemics or something.. so they're testing under the guise of that and sharing the info/results. also, bill/melinda gates foundation is offering test kits for free or something.. some program. 

4 hours ago, Ginerpri said:

I live in Milan. Starting from today I will work from home until maybe April, as basically everyone in the country that is ok working with just a computer and an internet connection. I don’t really watch the news anymore but as I understood we are in an emergency state. You can’t really travel from region to region without a valid reason and you need some papers to let the police know why you are traveling anyway. Some people are freaking out and go to supermarkets to buy food and supplies, leaving empty shelves behind, but at the moment there’s not really a need to do that. Everyone is advised to stay at home and not to leave unless it’s for buying food. Schools are closed. Hospitals are overcrowded, apparently, and there’s a scarcity of doctors. I’m not scared but I can’t predict the future so I’m a bit worried with the current situation. The mood in the city is overall weird, not much people around and you can’t go out and socialize because bars are closed as well as cinemas, gyms and whatever business puts people together in a closed space. This makes things even weirder, because if you live alone like me you are confined to deal with the problem with no one but yourself and there’s nothing you can do but see other people through Skype and joke on the situation, but the reality is no one knows how it’s going to evolve, as we were not prepared and the issue is just too big to manage. Cheers! ?

jesus that is pretty crazy. i really hope italy gets this under control and you guys can go back to normal. here in ireland some people are worried, some are not... all the st patricks day big events are cancelled but smaller events are still going ahead... for now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingBo0 said:

There is now a case in my building on my floor 2 doors down from my apartment. I am very concerned my and my mothers well being.

Shit man. That is a literal nightmare. What city do you live in, if you don’t mind me asking?

2 hours ago, bendish said:

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/10/body-and-blood-of-christ-cant-possibly-be-infected-priest-assures-faithful/

Don't worry old people...just keep sharing the sacred spoon.

How do these people hold any sway.

Not sure they will. Lets check back in 6 months to see who survived.