IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 minute ago, goDel said:

Not sure they will. Lets check back in 6 months to see who survived.

Another hit from this cabal of nonsense spreaders: https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/07/26/bishop-says-homosexuality-passed-on-to-the-unborn-when-pregnant-women-enjoy-anal-sex/

Literally these people have huge power in Cyprus. And may kill 1000s of old people with their message. 

• Facepalm 1

Another hit from this cabal of nonsense spreaders: https://cyprus-mail.com/2019/07/26/bishop-says-homosexuality-passed-on-to-the-unborn-when-pregnant-women-enjoy-anal-sex/
Literally these people have huge power in Cyprus. And may kill 1000s of old people with their message. 

The Church is just anti pleasure unless it’s small boys. That and they want to control women’s bodies.
  • Like 2

Coachella postponed until October.

No way they would postpone Glastonbury until then - lol, October weather in the UK - so I am guessing that will be cancelled at some point. 50th anniversary special too!

10 hours ago, zoid said:

jesus that is pretty crazy. i really hope italy gets this under control and you guys can go back to normal. here in ireland some people are worried, some are not... all the st patricks day big events are cancelled but smaller events are still going ahead... for now.

We've had two drone gigs cancelled this week.

Since a few days ago the virus is now in my city, Mechelen, Belgium.
There are now 314 confirmed cases of the virus in Belgium.
It's very clear to me my government (and any other government in Europe for that matter) does waaay to little in preventing the spread of the virus and informing its citizens.
Until a few days ago people could just travel from North-Italy to anywhere in Europe without being tested or being put in quarantine.
In Italy the virus is completely out of control.
France and Span will follow soon if they keep doing what they're doing now.
The Germanic and Nordic countries might have a better response and/or better health infrastructure in place, but that's just guessing at this time.

Utter Incompetence, is what I call the way we all handle this epidemic.

Me and my gf have taken precautions.
We read all the notes on how to prevent infection, and applied them as best as possible.
However, alcoholic hand sanitizer (and masks) were already all sold-out everywhere.
Also the gf works at a local pub. (which increases our chance of infection unfortunately)
Also we have to walk the dog every day.
We are both in relative healthy condition and still young, so chance of a severe infection is rather low, but it's best to prevent spreading it further if we do get infected.
This weekend we have to go to 2 large family-gatherings, but I'm thinking it would be better to just cancel them, in order to not have the possibility to infect older and less healthy family-members.

Anyway, as of this moment, things are still somewhat in control in Belgium.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, KingBo0 said:

Seattle Washington... Currently the worst place to live in the US concerning the virus.

It's currently the best place to live in the US because they are the only ones responding rationally to it. The rest of the country is fucked up beyond all measure. I hope you and your mom do well during all of this. Wash your hands like 6 times a day, bleach and wash down your door knobs once a day, and above all don't touch your faces.

25 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

The under-reaction from governments across Europe is impossible to excuse now.

This. Macron and his government are such a bunch of fucktards , France is going straight to hell...

At this point in time it's not about preventing the virus to spread, it's about delaying and slowing down the spread until after the winter because during winter the health care system is stressed from the flu and colds and would be overwhelmed if 2/3rds of the population had COVID-19, also because the virus is more dangerous when in combination with a different disease. Experts say that it will take 2 years (absolute minimum) to develop a pharmaceutical. Until then it will be a yearly task to contain Corona before winter, as far as I understood.

More EU cooperation on this would be good.

It's pretty much the same all over I think. No European countries seem willing to do anything invasive, before shit blows up in their face. I guess they're afraid of upsetting people? I don't know. Got to keep the wheels turning.

Edited by Gocab

Fascinating to compare Norwegian and US numbers. Norway has 429 confirmed, almost half the 1039 in the US. Until yesterday the government was pretty sure they tracked all the cases, but now it seems to be out of control. We still have no deaths, while US has 29 confirmed. I wonder how many cases the US really has. 10.000? 100.000? 

21 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Fascinating to compare Norwegian and US numbers. Norway has 429 confirmed, almost half the 1039 in the US. Until yesterday the government was pretty sure they tracked all the cases, but now it seems to be out of control. We still have no deaths, while US has 29 confirmed. I wonder how many cases the US really has. 10.000? 100.000? 

i think if we had good data, like as the result of a rigorous testing campaign, we would see that the country is fucking drenched in covid. too bad trump preferred the health apparatus forego the basic information that testing provides. not knowing who has it allowed it to spread over the last several weeks. and he is holding press conferences every day that provide little helpful information, and often provide misleading information. yesterday on tv trump said "it will go away. it's really working out. a lot of good things are going to happen. the consumer has never been in a better position than they are right now." and he crams a bunch of sycophants into a small space to talk about what a good job he has been doing.

Edited by very honest

I think Trump told us we're just days away from getting the vaccine, so I'm sure everything will sort itself out once the best people magically make it manifest in sufficient quantities across the globe. 

Praise Jesus

Edited by Gocab
Priceless presidential reasoning

24 minutes ago, Gocab said:

It's pretty much the same all over I think. No European countries seem willing to do anything invasive, before shit blows up in their face. I guess they're afraid of upsetting people? I don't know. Got to keep the wheels turning.

I believe they are all following ECDC guidelines, but the timeline in which they implement each step is entirely up to respective governments. Taking a gentle approach so as not to impact economies is pointless now ffs. The Euro economies are a dumpster fire. Just print money, the Germans can stfu.

26 minutes ago, Gocab said:

I think Trump told us we're just days away from getting the vaccine, so I'm sure everything will sort itself out once the best people magically make it manifest in sufficient quantities across the globe. 

Praise Jesus

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1150091

It's amazing how governments are reacting. Here is the US, our president thinks if you ignore it - it will just go away. And the vice president thinks that closing your eyes and talking to an invisible magician in the sky will make it go away. Amazing.

• Haha 2

The sad truth is that in a few weeks time the evidence will be for all to see. I expect overloaded hospitals. If not, he lucked out. If true, Trump might not even make it to the debate stage for the 2020 election. 

• Sad 1

Canadian workers can apply for EI without the week-long wait if they become sick: https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/liberals-support-workers-businesses-covid-19-1.5493454 If I don't die, this is a huge relief.

God fucking damn I feel so bad for you Americans and your frontline workers there. It's at a point of being a cover-up on how criminal their government's response as been, going so far as preventing Seattle from doing their own test. That is revolutionary-starting material.