IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

48 minutes ago, Psychotronic said:

It's likely that i had SARS-1 (my own judgment). It never got diagnosed cause at the time i was in the US without health insurance as a german tourist. After seeing my data, i went into a whole phase of treatment, i even did try acupuncture. What helped out of the many things i did to get it back up to speed i actually don't know.

Very scientific, very cool.

WTFFFFF?? This shit has to stop, if there is any justice, after (hopefully) Trump loses the election, criminal charges need to be brought against these two twats, their inaction and self interest will cost Americans their lives.  Murder, I say.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pence-says-theres-irresponsible-rhetoric-114342263.html

3 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

we'll see if it makes a comeback this autumn, then we can worry...

and/or mutates as well - just like almost every influenza virus

21 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

@very honest i'm not preventing anyone from doing anything. had you read carefully my previous posts to damo, you'd realize i simply said i see no reason to worry too much in reaction to his headache, unless he has health issues or he's a certain age (which is obviously not the case), since the french government hasn't declared red alert or anything. remember our friend here is having a headache, not fever or dry cough or other typical corona-related symptoms (from what i understand). 

then my reply to mixl2 is me saying no one knows the future, figuring out scenarios and their plausibility is all that humans can do. one of these scenarios, among others, is this virus not coming back in a second wave, another one is it coming back but it wouldn't be that big a deal for whatever reason. so me replying 'or not' means we don't know the future, we simply know what the most likely outcomes are. and yes, the virus coming back is a probable scenario i believe.

i'm not saying i'm right about anything and i would advise anyone to choose what seems the safest solution for them and their relatives, and to follow the instructions and advice from their governments. hardly 'shit human' material is it? 

The idea that any of your posts in this thread have actual value is absurd. You have just given short dismissive responses. If you wanted to give something that actually resembles a nuanced call for considering other potential issues than COVID-19, then why didn't you supply this response initially? 

Your initial responses before this absolutely imply "shit human" type dismissive and harmful attitudes when people are trying to exercise a NECESSARY caution at this time.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

@very honest i'm not preventing anyone from doing anything. had you read carefully my previous posts to damo, you'd realize i simply said i see no reason to worry too much in reaction to his headache, unless he has health issues or he's a certain age (which is obviously not the case), since the french government hasn't declared red alert or anything. remember our friend here is having a headache, not fever or dry cough or other typical corona-related symptoms (from what i understand). 

then my reply to mixl2 is me saying no one knows the future, figuring out scenarios and their plausibility is all that humans can do. one of these scenarios, among others, is this virus not coming back in a second wave, another one is it coming back but it wouldn't be that big a deal for whatever reason. so me replying 'or not' means we don't know the future, we simply know what the most likely outcomes are. and yes, the virus coming back is a probable scenario i believe.

i'm not saying i'm right about anything and i would advise anyone to choose what seems the safest solution for them and their relatives, and to follow the instructions and advice from their governments. hardly 'shit human' material is it? 

i re-read your posts. maybe there was information that you meant implicitly but did not state in your posts, that made them less harmful. this is the post that i had to correct:

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:
3 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

we'll see if it makes a comeback this autumn, then we can worry...

or not

it reads as flippant and it reads as confidently suggesting that people do not need to worry about the covid pandemic. that would be like telling people the wrong road to take to escape a forest fire.

• the number of cases is doubling in under a week in most countries with infections
  • at that rate, we are on course for millions infected and hospitals overrun, and that's just in the near term
  • the virus incubates and transmits for days before causing symptoms
  • healthy people need to socially distance, sanitize, and worry
  • taking these measures will reduce the number of loved ones who will die in the coming year.

now is the time when we can save the most lives

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

The Brazilian government has confirmed that President Jair Bolsonaro’s communications secretary, Fabio Wajngarten, has coronavirus just days after meeting Donald Trump at Mar-a-Lago

lol

Edited by Enthusiast

guys, pretty much every single one of you on here (if you actually get covid-19) will experience mild symptoms akin to a cold. many of you will experience no symptoms at all.

you're NOT going to die.

understand this is scary as the media is portraying it that way, but we need to keep some perspective and rationale.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, BCM said:

guys, pretty much every single one of you on here (if you actually get covid-19) will experience mild symptoms akin to a cold. many of you will experience no symptoms at all.

you're NOT going to die.

understand this is scary as the media is portraying it that way, but we need to keep some perspective and rationale.

Get infected with covid and tell us that after you have recovered. Don't be a simp.

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BCM said:

you're NOT going to die.

True, I probably won't die.

But my son who has asthma and breathing difficulties since he was born, plus my grandad who is 82 and is overweight with heart problems, are both at high risk.  I don't want to be the one who passes it on to them.

Enough with the I'll be alright jack attitude.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

White House Press Secretary is infected, mass graves in Iran can be seen from space, Trump still refusing to cancel his rallies.

Stephanie Grisham? I just did a quick search and found no reports on this. This is a big deal if true.

Get infected with covid and tell us that after you have recovered. Don't be a simp.
who says I've not already got it? why do you need this to be so scary and terrible? why are you thinking in such negative and catastrophic terms?

I think you're doing that thing where you almost delight in the idea of a cataclysmic world altering event.

it's not going to happen mate sorry.

5 minutes ago, very honest said:

it reads as flippant and it reads as confidenly suggesting that people do not need to worry about the covid pandemic.

that's just you projecting though. my opinion so far is that people who live in a country whose government hasn't taken drastic measures on a national level needn't worry so much, unless they're a certain age or have health issues. i live in france. 

should people from these countries take precautions and go get tested? yes, if they're over a certain age, or have health issues, or they're just worried or they feel that's the right thing to do. if not, they're free to act as they please, as long as their government doesn't prevent them from doing so. 

and again, my reply to mixl2 is just me saying 'we'll see what the future holds', which no one knows for sure, ever. 

• Thanks 1

Because if you end up going to the hospital for it, which is anywhere from 15-40% chance, you are going to experience the closest thing to hell on Earth.
this is completely untrue. there is not a 15-40% chance I will need hospitalisation at all.

I'm not willing to entertain your prophecies of doom anymore. by all means stay in the thread, but I would urge everyone to ignore your doom saying.

1 minute ago, BCM said:

who says I've not already got it? why do you need this to be so scary and terrible? why are you thinking in such negative and catastrophic terms?

I think you're doing that thing where you almost delight in the idea of a cataclysmic world altering event.

it's not going to happen mate sorry.

Quoting this for the future.

Had a client over yesterday who wrote me a message today saying, "Ehm, just so you know it I feel super sick today, so I'm sorry if I've infected you".

• Sad 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• Rubin Farr changed the title to Coronavirus COVID-19
Quoting this for the future.
Good thanks. Let's keep all your quotes about it making you infertile and every other bit of nonsense you've said for the future too.
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

that's just you projecting though. my opinion so far is that people who live in a country whose government hasn't taken drastic measures on a national level needn't worry so much, unless they're a certain age or have health issues. i live in france. 

should people from these countries take precautions and go get tested? yes, if they're over a certain age, or have health issues, or they're just worried or they feel that's the right thing to do. if not, they're free to act as they please, as long as their government doesn't prevent them from doing so. 

and again, my reply to mixl2 is just me saying 'we'll see what the future holds', which no one knows for sure, ever. 

everyone should worry, because of the transmissibility, unless they are sociopaths who don't care about others. we are entering a phase in which many will die.

• Thanks 1