IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

5 minutes ago, BCM said:

this is completely untrue. there is not a 15-40% chance I will need hospitalisation at all.

I'm not willing to entertain your prophecies of doom anymore. by all means stay in the thread, but I would urge everyone to ignore your doom saying.

Do you know what exponential growth is? Have you seen Italy and Iran? Have you seen China's response to shut down everything and its still growing there vs. UK and USA "Durr hurr defund the CDC and let everyone get it via herd immunity?" Have you research the 1918 Spanish flu?

I'm basing the claims on past experience from the last time a corona virus has done this + seeing how many stupid people said the same thing you are and are now contracting it and freaking the fuck out.

I'm worried about it because I work in healthcare and I'm on the frontline seeing it.

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Like 2

this is exciting, my first pandemic! the new decade is off to a great start, with that old climate change catastrophe looming on the horizon already, what's a pandemic on top of that. I am sure there are more on the way. And then having the most incompetent leaders in charge of major powers, what could go wrong.

Edited by azatoth
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

I'm worried about it because I work in healthcare and I'm on the frontline seeing it.

To be frank, if the doom sayers are wrong, then the human race had a nice little exercise in how to deal with a pandemic situation. If not, they saved us.

I'm not angry with that situation.

3 minutes ago, jules said:

image.png.2252aa42db0ddcf93c0bb9b7bad22231.png

Although there is no way in hell the government would say that Trump has the virus.

if they did that, then the rights predictions that this is a democratic engineered virus to take trump out and conduct mass arrests would be true

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, very honest said:

everyone should worry, because of the transmissibility, unless they are sociopaths who don't care about others.

worrying is a normal and healthy reaction to this situation. worrying too much if you're in good health, young, and live in a country whose government isn't asking you to stay home and go get tested, is not the most rational response imo.

Just now, brian trageskin said:

worrying is a normal and healthy reaction to this situation. worrying too much if you're in good health, young, and live in a country whose government isn't asking you to stay home and go get tested, is not the most rational response imo.

Information about it is odd. You hear about how many people it's killed and how bad it can be, and another source says for most people it'll be on par with having the flu.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

practicing disregard will cost the lives of others, needlessly. i hope you enjoy it.

30 minutes ago, Taupe Beats said:

Stephanie Grisham? I just did a quick search and found no reports on this. This is a big deal if true.

they were rambling on msnbc, so maybe it wasn't accurate?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, very honest said:

everyone should worry, because of the transmissibility, unless they are sociopaths who don't care about others. we are entering a phase in which many will die.

This, that's exactly my point, I'm probably not infected (to be honest I feel better than this morning at work) but I'm worried for my fam', GF and coworkers.

• Like 1

Things turned heated in this thread.

Last night I had a bit of a fever. Don't think it's Corona related. No coughs or anything. But there's something under the weather.

Strange situation as I now get to decide whether to turn up for meetings and all that. Skipped a diner with some old friends tonight as well. And will prolly work from home the next week. It's a bit shitty, as I know I don't need urgent medical attention and I certainly don't need to claim time from a doctor if he/she could put it somewhere else. Best thing is to keep calm and stay out of public as much as possible, I guess. And hope the rest of the world doesn't collapse in the meantime.

Ozzy GP of Formula 1 is off as well. ?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

they were rambling on msnbc, so maybe it wasn't accurate?

Ah ok hadn't checked them. Were they maybe referring to the Brazilian press secretary? He was diagnosed with COVID-19 and there are pictures of him in contact with Trump at Mar-a-Lago within the past few days.

So yeah, I guess ultimately it doesn't matter. Trump and likely most of his immediate contacts in his administration have been exposed, for sure.

• Thanks 1