IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

28 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

a bit of an under-appreciated synth imo, prob just bc of the form factor. 

omg I think I'm going to create a new project just to feature this motherfucker.  So many feels.

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

The nearest place to me with a population in excess of 200,000 is a full 2 day drive. Never seen an Asian person in my small town. Which both provide that false layer of security. But infested with dumb Queenslander anglo boomers, so it will eventually spread like wildfire. They don't even have self-serve stuff up here because "jobs".

My old place back in Western Sydney, I'd be dead already. Suburb was predominantly Chinese, local bakery and bottle shop was Chinese (which I personally don't mind, a lot of my studies and work have concerned China and Mandarin and the Asia-Pacific region in general), the nearest supermarkets were wash-your-hands-thoroughly-after seedy.

Edited by Roo

1 minute ago, Entorwellian said:

I was just notified that two workers where I work have Covid-19 and we all share the same office space. ?

Sorry dude. I feel like we will all be capable of a similar comment within a week. 

I work at an extremely international/multicultural school in Houston where at least two of our students were made to self quarantine since Monday. Now we are all off for at least the next 18 days and being told to stay indoors as much as possible. Too little, too late?

8 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

I was just notified that two workers where I work have Covid-19 and we all share the same office space. ?

Shit - not what I wanted to read... 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I work in a "critical care" situation where there is now next to no staffing and work doesn't have a covid policy. I'm worried that I'm going to be working 24 hour shifts. Like, I'd walk off and go on EI normally but now seeing everyone around me getting laid off and the recession-proof nature of where I work now I feel like its going to be going that way.

Anyway if I get a fever I'll write a quick eulogy here then get on with drowning to death in mucous.

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Sad 2

41 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

I work in a "critical care" situation where there is now next to no staffing and work doesn't have a covid policy. I'm worried that I'm going to be working 24 hour shifts. Like, I'd walk off and go on EI normally but now seeing everyone around me getting laid off and the recession-proof nature of where I work now I feel like its going to be going that way.

Anyway if I get a fever I'll write a quick eulogy here then get on with drowning to death in mucous.

shit man. fingers crossed and all that. i hope things go your way. what a bind to be in. 

2020 is amazing for watmm. we’ve already passed ww3, we have a toilet paper shortage, a BoC album that took the slow adopters a global pandemic to finally catch on, waiting on the alcorona review, another amazing yet absolute dog shit fourtet album, we would rather have a real response to a sean pls thread than a covid vaccine. And most of us are now advised to avoid human contact.

Edited by jules
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

saw this earlier today and i thought.. "it's over? again?" since nothing seems to matter and fox news makes sure his armor stays polished. 

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/marty-makary-on-coronavirus-in-the-us-183558545.html

‘Don’t believe the numbers you see’

In the U.S. there are over 1,600 confirmed cases, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), with 41 deaths. Makary said that the number of cases, though, is likely much higher. 

“Don’t believe the numbers when you see, even on our Johns Hopkins website, that 1,600 Americans have the virus,” he said. “No, that means 1,600 got the test, tested positive. There are probably 25 to 50 people who have the virus for every one person who is confirmed.” 

He added: “I think we have between 50,000 and half a million cases right now walking around in the United States.”

Feels like this will be later seen as the defining moment when the 2020s started. Like 9/11 was for the 00's and fall of the Berlin Wall was for the '90s. Things will be different after this is over.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, zkom said:

Feels like this will be later seen as the defining moment when the 2020s started. Like 9/11 was for the 00's and fall of the Berlin Wall was for the '90s. Things will be different after this is over.

I agree, which is weird because the Australian bushfires and US-Iran flashpoint already felt big and potentially influential. But I suspect pop culture will "oh yeah I remember them" when the decade ultimately reviews. And this has a lot more novelty value & unavoidable global impact than the other two. I was kicked off a plane during Swine flu, but this is something else entirely.

Edited by Roo