IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

the entire royal caribbean fleet is gonna stop operations, from this monday on, we're gonna be drifting until april 11th... at least they'e gonna give us free wifi to keep in touch with our families... we're still gonna go once in a while to miami to get provisions... crew travels, to and from the ship, are gonna be limited according to international flight laws and whatnot... i'm almost sure this isn't gonna be solved by then but whatever, at least 1500 people on board are isolated avoiding spreading the virus to and from land... no cases whatsoever detected on board so, hope is not lost for this crew...

TIM_J's arc... 

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1
  • Sad 5
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

3 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

the entire royal caribbean fleet is gonna stop operations, from this monday on, we're gonna be drifting until april 11th... at least they'e gonna give us free wifi... we're still gonna go once in a while to miami to get provisions... crew travels, to and from the ship, are gonna be limited according to international flight laws and whatnot... i'm almost sure this isn't gonna be solved by then but whatever, at least 1500 people on board are isolated avoiding spreading the virus to and from land... no cases whatsoever detected on board so, hope is not lost for this crew...

Dang. Hang in there man.

• Like 1

Came across a beach by Nerja, Spain today, in the middle of nowhere that had been "closed" due to Covid. Closed in that there was an easily traversable barrier with a small sign attached. Talk about uselessness. 

trump saying at a press conference that he doesn't need to get tested, after direct contact with a confirmed case, because he doesn't have symptoms ... there's nowhere to begin. the man belongs between padded walls. it spreads before symptoms appear. it incubates for 5 days. that's exactly why it's so dangerous. 

2 hours ago, Tim_J said:

the entire royal caribbean fleet is gonna stop operations, from this monday on, we're gonna be drifting until april 11th... at least they'e gonna give us free wifi... we're still gonna go once in a while to miami to get provisions... crew travels, to and from the ship, are gonna be limited according to international flight laws and whatnot... i'm almost sure this isn't gonna be solved by then but whatever, at least 1500 people on board are isolated avoiding spreading the virus to and from land... no cases whatsoever detected on board so, hope is not lost for this crew...

But, do you have weed?

i'm currently homeless and staying with my cousin in LA, we had to stop by Costco to get some food and there was basically almost nothing in the frozen section, most of all the bread was gone and all the cold medicine was gone.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, d-a-m-o said:

France is now going in full lockdown mode !

Yeah if I'm reading the news right France are overtaking Belgium now in terms of the countermeasures taken. Time to curl up and cry.

I don't give a rats arse myself. I'm really busy with life, and so far it hasn't effected my daily routine. I get home now after a day at work sink a few G&T and a few pale ales, put some tunes on and no fucking worries. Do my usual shit tomorrow, either cycling or pub depending on weather.

However my mum who is one of the most toughest, industrious, trojan warhorsewoman on planet Earth was on the phone to me crying earlier and saying she was terrified. That put a hook in me. Not good. Trouble is she is not going out in to usual social situations to take her mind off it. She does huge jigsaw puzzles though. And tells me she is drinking a glass or two of red wine. I'll pop round tomorrow and see her. Keep my distance and wash my hands before getting in the house.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ira Glass just stated on-air that he shook hands with someone with covid-19 and will be quarantining himself with his wife (who might be showing symptoms). He also said his office is shutting down. His statement was quite emotional. 

Apparently coronavirus affects white people at similar rates to black, brown and yellow people.  What kind of callous god pulls this shit?  My grandad didn't die fighting to keep China British for this.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Looks like England is really shitting the bed on this one. RIP.

33 minutes ago, manmower said:

Yeah if I'm reading the news right France are overtaking Belgium now in terms of the countermeasures taken. Time to curl up and cry.

Things aren’t clear for me, don’t know If I got to go to work next Monday... fucking hell, just want to stay at home , max/msp and chill...

edit : and of course they don’t cancel municipal elections, French logic.

Edited by d-a-m-o