IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

3 hours ago, ooqpoo said:

Came across a beach by Nerja, Spain today, in the middle of nowhere that had been "closed" due to Covid. Closed in that there was an easily traversable barrier with a small sign attached. Talk about uselessness. 

Seems like one of those cases where they figure people realize it's for their own good and the barrier/sign are more there to inform people in case they were not already aware and if you feel you should be on the beach anyway you should go for it. I dunno.

Elon Musk should be working on a system that delivers free weed via drones to people stuck in remote places/on various vessels.

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

Apparently coronavirus affects white people at similar rates to black, brown and yellow people.  What kind of callous god pulls this shit?  My grandad didn't die fighting to keep China British for this.  

ETEaNfbWkAALp8j?format=jpg&name=large

Edited by dr lopez
  • Like 1

ACT in Australia seems to be coming along okay for now (residents-wise anyway, being a capital city region).

Just 1 recovering case, and all identified for self-quarantine have now been released to negative results.

• Like 1

^if everywhere keeps containing their outbreaks then America is going to look really stupid (deservedly so) being the only country with it running wild in a few weeks... lord knows there's no way we're going to keep in under control as much as the success stories i've been hearing this week. 

6 hours ago, Tim_J said:

the entire royal caribbean fleet is gonna stop operations, from this monday on, we're gonna be drifting until april 11th... at least they'e gonna give us free wifi to keep in touch with our families... we're still gonna go once in a while to miami to get provisions... crew travels, to and from the ship, are gonna be limited according to international flight laws and whatnot... i'm almost sure this isn't gonna be solved by then but whatever, at least 1500 people on board are isolated avoiding spreading the virus to and from land... no cases whatsoever detected on board so, hope is not lost for this crew...

TIM_J's arc... 

Genuine sympathy, that sounds total shit.

Btw I used to have a mate who was cruise ship crew, he said it was a massive fuckfest and the crew just bang eachother all the time. He was an extremely odd bloke though...was he telling the truth?

23 minutes ago, auxien said:

^if everywhere keeps containing their outbreaks then America is going to look really stupid (deservedly so) being the only country with it running wild in a few weeks... lord knows there's no way we're going to keep in under control as much as the success stories i've been hearing this week. 

Rest assured that France is going for that NUMBER ONE SPOT BABY !!!

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, kakapo said:

Apparently coronavirus affects white people at similar rates to black, brown and yellow people.  What kind of callous god pulls this shit?  My grandad didn't die fighting to keep China British for this.  

See, the trouble is Brexit came too late. God rest ye merry gentlemen. 

makes sense. south korea is testing everyone. not just people w/symptoms. i think italy is testing people w/symptoms who are mostly old people.  this changes the mortality rate for south korea a lot right? if they find out more and more people are infected but w/o symptoms then i guess they have to do a separate mortality rate for people who are infected and show symptoms? or does science not work that way and everyone infected regardless of symptoms is part of the tally to determine mortality rate? 

children are apparently not showing symptoms but are getting infected like everyone else..then giving it to their parents. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

I also saw that there's an isreali research group that says they could get a vaccine out in a few weeks. They said that they were coincidentally working on a very similar strain of corona virus. Lemme try and find that.

Here it is!
https://nypost.com/2020/02/28/israeli-scientists-claim-to-be-weeks-away-from-coronavirus-vaccine/
Not sure how credible this is... But here's hoping.

Edited by KingBo0
Added link