IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

20 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

The churches here had tons of cars in the parking lot this morn.  Guess they're gonna pray it away, while spreading it among the parishioners.  Merica.

do you not think the religious right might turn on their 'prophets' when they start dying in droves?

I guess one thing bright side personally is that I have enough free time now that I can finally sit down and watch the full 5 hour director's cut of Wim Wenders' Until the End Of the World.

EDIT: even in the end times, Skyler from Sweetwter Sound is still checking in like clockwork, ever since I bought that MIDI splitter 3 years ago.

Edited by TubularCorporation

3 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Guess who woke up with a mild cold this morning? ?

I've had hay fever since last Wednesday, which basically means I wake up with a cough and scratchy throat every morning but as long as I stay inside it clears up by lunch time, and it's very much a WET cough.  Happens every spring but it's more unwelcome than ever this year.

1 minute ago, TubularCorporation said:

I've had hay fever since last Wednesday, which basically means I wake up with a cough and scratchy throat every morning but as long as I stay inside it clears up by lunch time, and it's very much a WET cough.  Happens every spring but it's more unwelcome than ever this year.

I’m sure I just have a cold but it’s hard not to think, in the back of my mind lol, that it might be something worse! 

hope that clears up for you soon 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’m sure I just have a cold but it’s hard not to think, in the back of my mind lol, that it might be something worse! 

hope that clears up for you soon 

Hasn't been bad so far, but when it warms up more consistently it'll be rough for about a week.  Usually it doesn't hit me until late April or early May but this year there have been so many out of season warm days that I get a few days of allergies every time one hits, and it's a little worse each time.  I'm actually hoping that kind of eases me in to it, because usually the first 4 or 5 days of allergy season proper basically feel like having a really severe cold and that's the last thing I want to be feeling right now!

Anyway, I'd put money on me being called in for testing by the end of the week regardless, just because of where I work.

I've done some back of an envelope number crunching.  watmm has 7551 members with an average age of 52.  That means we're likely to see between 808 and 909 member deaths.  New Analord confirmed.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2

My lady has had a fever for a few days, along with a cough, body aches, headache, and mild shortness of breath. I was seriously fatigued & had a dry cough for a few days last week, prior to her symptoms (the throat itch is still with me, but it's not bad). We're in WA state, in one of the counties with mandatory gathering restrictions and such. I checked in with my bosses today and they asked me to stay home. I don't have any paid leave available, so I'm kinda just SOL financially. 

• Sad 2

Just now, luke viia said:

My lady has had a fever for a few days, along with a cough, body aches, headache, and mild shortness of breath. I was seriously fatigued & had a dry cough for a few days last week, prior to her symptoms (the throat itch is still with me, but it's not bad). We're in WA state, in one of the counties with mandatory gathering restrictions and such. I checked in with my bosses today and they asked me to stay home. I don't have any paid leave available, so I'm kinda just SOL financially. 

That really sucks, is WA providing unemployment benefits for people who are temporarily out of work because of it? 

Not that I know of. We're trying to get in touch with the local Multicare clinic, they have a form you can fill out and if they deem you risky they give you a free "e-visit," whatever that means. We called the hospital yesterday and got transferred to urgent care...which was closed. Good times. 

19 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

A relatively cheap (Levoit brand) air filter for the bedroom helped me a lot with this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

if  someone is having shortness of breath this can lead to elevated heart rate and other stuff. hospitals  have ways  to deal w/respiratory distress and of course ventilators and stuff if things get severe. it's worth calling your doctor to get advice if shortness of breath lingers or worsens. if you call the emergency room they may have advice too. 

Sure give them a call. Don’t head down there and risk infecting the world. Social distancing!

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Sure give them a call. Don’t head down there and risk infecting the world. Social distancing!

it's a good way to get peace of mind if you aren't sure what to do and are having a bit of anxiety about it. 

I realized now is the perfect time to dig out my Seventh Seal t-shirt with the Death in the front.

• Like 1

Do I bother going Amsterdam?

Due to depart March 21st. 

????

Sounds like almost everything is closing up. I still like the idea of chilling at my airbnb all the same but it'd be nice to eat and drink out too and get a smoke as well..really not sure now.

7 minutes ago, Polytrix said:

Do I bother going Amsterdam?

Due to depart March 21st. 

????

Sounds like almost everything is closing up. I still like the idea of chilling at my airbnb all the same but it'd be nice to eat and drink out too and get a smoke as well..really not sure now.

No.

Bars and restaurants are closed. So are museums and I can’t imagine why record stores would not be.

Damn. I mean; I can still have a lovely time getting out in nature and just generally chilling but if it's all shut up then it's far less an attractive prospect. Just that I've got the airbnb booked and KLM flights ready...

25 minutes ago, mycospherologyst said:

im getting nicotine patches, gum, lozenges whatever. drop the cigarettes if you smoke. like i say an occasional bong hit not a biggie. we need to give our lungs a break. public service announcement. 

listen to him, he's right.

edit : fuck it I'm so scared by this shit and I still got to go to work in a few hours...

edit 2 : bunch of cunts, "I can't see it with my eyes, therefore the danger doesn't exist" I'm ashamed of my country...

Edited by d-a-m-o