IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

44 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

And a load of babies in 9 months..

The Coronakids

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The coffeeshops I follow are posting they are starting to close too.  So yeah, delay it.

I saw some Greek Orhodox priest online saying they will still give out communion, because God wouldn't dare infect the holy sacrament.  Midievil thinking has to fall by the wayside.

If you think like this, you should definitely still go get communion and drink out of the same wine chalice. Please do.

1 hour ago, alchemical said:

I'm also a WA resident, sorry to hear about your situation man.  I've heard there are definitely state resources for people whose employment is affected by this virus.  Employment Security Department:

https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19

Best of luck.

esd-wa-covid-19.png

thank you for this! We actually have a doctor's appointment scheduled for this Thursday - it's unrelated, but we'll have a captive medical audience for at least a little bit and can hopefully get some reccommendations for next steps. It's so hard to know what risk you're at / you pose... this could easily be a normal flu. Would be so nice to just take a drive-thru test and have answers.  

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

Don't know what has been already said in this thread. 
The situation here in Italy is dramatically bad: doctors in the hospitals are dying and all people working there cannot come out because almost every sanitary operator is infected. No one in the streets and every commercial activity is closed, but still paying employees. The crisis at the door will be way worse than 2008.

Not sure about what other European states are waiting, you have our example about what is going to happen...

For sure the decision in not simple: wait and have more people affected vs. shut everything down and kill immediately internal economic system 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7

8 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

That's incitement to violence and justiciable. I reported your post to the mods who will decide if they will forward the case to your local authorities.

flol

i was being sarcastic :whistling:and local authorities, if they actually cared, are too busy going through the +60,000,000 twitter and reddit pages of people advocating for far worse.

3 hours ago, alchemical said:

I'm also a WA resident, sorry to hear about your situation man.  I've heard there are definitely state resources for people whose employment is affected by this virus.  Employment Security Department:

https://esd.wa.gov/newsroom/covid-19

Best of luck.

esd-wa-covid-19.png

Holy fuck now *that* is criminal. Paid sick leave is the only one that seems even mildly acceptable in that list. What the fuck is up with L&I?

Edited by Entorwellian

4 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

flol

i was being sarcastic :whistling:and local authorities, if they actually cared, are too busy going through the +60,000,000 twitter and reddit pages of people advocating for far worse.

Okay, that's it. I'm informing the police in this second

California gov’t is shutting down bars and nightclubs as of tonight.  I’m sure more is coming in a few days. 

Still seeing throngs of people crowding in the street for shits and giggles. Everyone hugging and shit. Had to do a supply run today and people are still getting right up into each other’s airspace for no fucking reason. Kids running around touching everything without parents around.  Boomer dotards grazing through aisles, rubbing their eyeholes. 

Supermarkets here are largely  barren due to hoarders. I’ve got enough supplies for a week or two, but can’t find much in the way of produce. No TP or paper towels in the stores. I’ll need to wipe my ass eventually, presumably.  Might be a good time to hire some pervert as a live-in toilet slave.

We’re gonna have fucking breadlines at 4 am before stores open. But not for bread loaves.  For poo loaf wipes.  What the fuck is this even

I just left my part time job at a big corporate coffee place, you know the one, which had previously allowed me to get every strain of cold and flu circulating in the last four years due to customers being completely unhygienic. I’m fortunate in that I’ve got a job as a professor running through this summer, and by a nice coincidence it was in the online program.  Going to focus on that and get some creative projects going, and forage for TP in the early morning hours. 

Stay safe everyone, and good luck  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lachesi said:

Don't know what has been already said in this thread. 
The situation here in Italy is dramatically bad: doctors in the hospitals are dying and all people working there cannot come out because almost every sanitary operator is infected. No one in the streets and every commercial activity is closed, but still paying employees. The crisis at the door will be way worse than 2008.

Not sure about what other European states are waiting, you have our example about what is going to happen...

For sure the decision in not simple: wait and have more people affected vs. shut everything down and kill immediately internal economic system 

My dad was born (and I still have a bunch of relatives) in the Marche. So far our family seems safe but the news coming from Italy has been terrifying.

I think the experts know what's coming our way and I'm hoping for more drastic measures here in Belgium in the coming days. We are currently under a caretaker government which just adds to the inertia, but as of today they'll be given some special powers to deal with the crisis.

I was very ambivalent about visiting my parents (both 65+) yesterday. Like them I don't have much of a social life and am not a big hugger/kisser/shaker of hands, but I do work in the capital and have been commuting by public transportation until last Wednesday. My sister, who has an 8-year-old daughter, cancelled since we've been explicitly advised not to mix grandchildren and grandparents. I ultimately went. I'd prefer for those kinds of decisions to be taken out of my hands by next week if I'm honest.

For real when they get the antibody tests to find out who had the covid-19 infection and who didn't, those that have immunity should help out with delivering supplies and food to those who can't escape quarantine or are not sick yet. This is legit going to require community action on a local level to get through and to serve as an example to others of what we should of been doing all this time. God especially for the Silent Generation that are still around; they absolutely do not deserve this shit happening to them. Boomers, on the other hand... ?

If any of you have family in lower western canada that you think need emergency food or medicine, give me a pm and i can make a delivery.

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, ignatius said:

@baph  you're in LA.. can probably get same or next day shipping for TP from amazon if you can't find any in stores. 

Amazon is out of TP, lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, chenGOD said:

What the fuck good is going to the hospital going to do? There’s no cure. Rest, hydrate, flu medicine and no wanking. 

uh, how about preventing death? there is no cure, sure, but the symptoms can kill healthy people in their 30s if not treated. even if it's just being put on oxygen it could make the difference, but more importantly being put on a ventilator (especially if you're a heavy smoker, or suffer from asthma or any other respiratory illness). if you're in your 70s and you end up on a ventilator it's not looking good for you, if you're in your 30-50s it will probably save your life, and people in that demographic are being put on ventilators because of this.

Edited by caze

I'm starting to think Mad Max might be legit. Australia/NZ might be some of the only western places left when this is over, and even for those people society as we've known it would eventually collapse.

12 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

what do you mean? why do my parents deserve this?

cruise ships, voting trump, voting to claw back public and health services, deterioration of working class wages, selling out to foreign capital, hoarding, bubba gump's shrimp company,  and jimmy buffett.

mostly jimmy buffett

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

My boomer parents "aren't buying into it", have hoarded some TP, and have just booked their September trip to Bali. Also refuse to postal vote in upcoming election and refuse to change their standard of living. Still flying around the country, visiting aged care facilities, etc.

Edited by Roo

32 minutes ago, caze said:

uh, how about preventing death? there is no cure, sure, but the symptoms can kill healthy people in their 30s if not treated. even if it's just being put on oxygen it could make the difference, but more importantly being put on a ventilator (especially if you're a heavy smoker, or suffer from asthma or any other respiratory illness). if you're in your 70s and you end up on a ventilator it's not looking good for you, if you're in your 30-50s it will probably save your life, and people in that demographic are being put on ventilators because of this.

Pick one. 

I assume by focusing on this irrelevant nitpick you admit you were wrong to suggest people not go to the hospital if they're suffering from fever and shortness of breath? Your nitpick is also not relevant to the point, note my use of the word 'especially'.

Mate, the mortality rate for 20-50 is .25%. Going to the hospital if you’re in that age range is fucking selfish. 

It’s not a nitpick either it’s just pointing out an error in your argument.