IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Just now, goDel said:

@zkomour supermarkets are already cashier-free. just scan your products and throw some digital money into a machine. that's it.

Yeah, maybe a half of them are hear also, but I can't be arsed to walk the extra 500m.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, d-a-m-o said:

Ok I’m at work and believe me, French lockdown is a fucking joke, there’s no lockdown everybody is at work., wasn’t joking about France aiming for the number one spot...

IMG_2857.JPG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

Thanks for this lol. Loved how he was scaring the shit and making the audience laugh at the same time.

Anyway yeah we're all going to die. :wtf:

Yeah I definitely needed the laugh, too!

10 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

To be honest I don't expect politicians to understand virology etc, it sounds like they are under the advisement of scientists that know their shit and are changing their course. That's good right?

Well the UK gov decided not to listen to the advice of the ECDC and WHO and went with  their own projections. But these are based on a flawed model using the characteristics of viral pneumonia. They have just realised that this approach will overwhelm their health system 7-8 times over because viral pneumonia does not put as many people in the ICU as Covid-19. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I have this on order rn, delivery today (maybe).

https://www.reddit.com/r/Jigsawpuzzles/comments/ccaxii/guys_i_did_it_ravensburger_krypt_736_pieces/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Seriously, though, Robert Koch Institute estimates this could take two years, including the lockdown.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-germany-millions-idUSKBN2141GT

I'm changing my status from "a tad worried" to "slightly worried".

• Like 1

If this starts to take months or even a year I think at some point the politicians will just say fuck it and lift the lockdowns and let the epidemic run its course. At some point that's going to be the cheaper option.

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

Well the UK gov decided not to listen to the advice of the ECDC and WHO and went with  their own projections. But these are based on a flawed model using the characteristics of viral pneumonia. They have just realised that this approach will overwhelm their health system 7-8 times over because viral pneumonia does not put as many people in the ICU as Covid-19. 

You'd expect those kinds of mistakes from the Brexit country, of course! ;D

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, goDel said:
1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

You'd expect those kinds of mistakes from the Brexit country, of course! ;D

The pandemic combined with Brexit and BoJo refusing to delay the Brexit process.. RIP UK

1 hour ago, zkom said:

If this starts to take months or even a year I think at some point the politicians will just say fuck it and lift the lockdowns and let the epidemic run its course. At some point that's going to be the cheaper option.

That and people will stop complying after a while. There's this point in the future which I'd like to call the "OK, lets get it over with already!" point. At which point I'll grab a beer and hang a Darwin poster on my wall.

Praise Darwin!

Just now, zkom said:

The pandemic combined with Brexit and BoJo refusing to delay the Brexit process.. RIP UK

Ironically, it was a rather efficient way of self-isolation though. It's just that in both cases, the stuff happening inside might be ...euh ... suboptimal. Trying to be as politically correct as possible here. Please bare with me. 

DJs are really getting hit in the balls by this.

IMG_2862.PNG

26 minutes ago, goDel said:

That and people will stop complying after a while. There's this point in the future which I'd like to call the "OK, lets get it over with already!" point. At which point I'll grab a beer and hang a Darwin poster on my wall.

Praise Darwin!

Ironically, it was a rather efficient way of self-isolation though. It's just that in both cases, the stuff happening inside might be ...euh ... suboptimal. Trying to be as politically correct as possible here. Please bare with me. 

I saw John Kasich on CNN saying this will be like the Great Depression and the Spanish Flu pandemic combined.  Got my camping supplies ready if I gotta go Last of Us possibly.

• Like 2

For those of us in America, I'd recommend using your free time and relieve some stress by calling your Congressmen and Senators (especially), or tweet @ them, as long as you don't physically threaten them or even Trump, make our concerns known that Mitch McConnell needs to pass this emergency spending bill NOW.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/How_to_correspond_senators.htm

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

@senatemajldr (Mitch Bitch)

@realdonaldtrump (Head Bitch)

5 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

For those of us in America, I'd recommend using your free time and relieve some stress by calling your Congressmen and Senators (especially), or tweet @ them, as long as you don't physically threaten them or even Trump, make our concerns known that Mitch McConnell needs to pass this emergency spending bill NOW.

https://www.senate.gov/senators/How_to_correspond_senators.htm

https://www.house.gov/representatives/find-your-representative

@senatemajldr (Mitch Bitch)

@realdonaldtrump (Head Bitch)

What is the TLDR on this bill? I haven't been able to catch up on news this morning

43 minutes ago, zkom said:

I think it's potentially RIP EU as well. There is little joined up thinking between member states and we have a moron in charge of the ECB. Could be devastating.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1