IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

*serious post on general banter forum*

My sister has worked at Eton Travel (yes the posh Eton) for 20 years, she specializes in booking all the big DJ trips all around the world, all their flights and accommodation etc. She will probably loose her job, as for the last few days she has just sat there with nothing to do and nothing likely going to happen, she has a two year old and a six year old. Me, my mum and my other sister will all help her with money until she is okay. 

Beer Badger over and out!! ✌️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nil said:

Once again, droit de retrait ?

don't know it it's an option in my situation. Anyway my boss must still decide if he shutdown the workplace , I'll know more tomorrow. Guess the majority of non vital business will close doors for a while, the economy is fucked anyway... Hope everything is ok in Lyon, 69 la trik, stay strong !

Edited by d-a-m-o

7 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I think it's potentially RIP EU as well. There is little joined up thinking between member states and we have a moron in charge of the ECB. Could be devastating.

The Italian and Spanish ecomonies were wafer thin before this kicked off.... it is not going to be good for the EU long term.

24 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

I think it's potentially RIP EU as well. There is little joined up thinking between member states and we have a moron in charge of the ECB. Could be devastating.

It's going to be good for individual countries within the EU to have some kind of extra safeguard (the EU within this context is not much more than a big bag of money and a platform to organise EU-broad decision-making). Global crises like this will help the EU because cooperation is more important under these circumstances. The point about the economy is true, but please remember that without the EU, individual countries would - in all likelihood - be in much deeper shit. You could compare EU-membership to having an insurance, for instance. You want to be insured when you're in a crisis like this. And the more parties insured, the better.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, it might be that the EU comes out stronger after this, but hard to predict. Big changes are going to happen worldwide anyway. Paradigm shifts in many areas: economics, healthcare, travel, technology, politics..

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, goDel said:

It's going to be good for individual countries within the EU to have some kind of extra safeguard (the EU within this context is not much more than a big bag of money and a platform to organise EU-broad decision-making). Global crises like this will help the EU because cooperation is more important under these circumstances. The point about the economy is true, but please remember that without the EU, individual countries would - in all likelihood - be in much deeper shit. You could compare EU-membership to having an insurance, for instance. You want to be insured when you're in a crisis like this. And the more parties insured, the better.

It has the potential to be good if they act decisively. I guess we will see. Lagarde's comments, which she has since apologised for, hurt Italy economically when they are already on their knees. Where's the solidarity? 

12 hours ago, darreichungsform said:

I will only buy toilet paper so others can't have it, even though I never wipe my ass

Hey! I wipe my ass with the inner side of my elbow. Recommended!

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 1

1 hour ago, d-a-m-o said:

don't know it it's an option in my situation. Anyway my boss must still decide if he shutdown the workplace , I'll know more tomorrow. Guess the majority of non vital business will close doors for a while, the economy is fucked anyway... Hope everything is ok in Lyon, 69 la trik, stay strong !

Stay strong and safe mate ! I know how hard it is to remain calm and all, but anxiety can't help. Don't get me wrong, 10 times a day it crosses my mind that I'm ill and doomed... while actually I'm doing pretty good. Challenging times.

This morning I went to buy groceries for me & family, and got mad against all those careless fuckers not respecting sanitary distances, yelling at them & all. Felt surreal. 

Can't help thinking that lockdown is just beginning here, 15 days for starters. Too many of our compatriots are too stupid to act carefully it seems, and Macron should have pronounced the word "confinement" in his last speech. For the lack of a better word, "funny" to see that Castaner had much stronger words, yet so predictable.

By the way, did you also received the gouv text message this morning ?

Image PNG.png

Edited by Nil
  • Like 3

On 3/14/2020 at 6:04 PM, Amen Warrior said:

Genuine sympathy, that sounds total shit.

Btw I used to have a mate who was cruise ship crew, he said it was a massive fuckfest and the crew just bang eachother all the time. He was an extremely odd bloke though...was he telling the truth?

Sure, if you're an Avicii fan, not so much for an AFX one... 

10 minutes ago, Nil said:

Stay strong and safe mate ! I know how hard it is to remain calm and all, but anxiety can't help. Don't get me wrong, 10 times a day it crosses my mind that I'm ill and doomed... while actually I'm doing pretty good. Challenging times.

This morning I went to buy groceries for me & family, and got mad against all those careless fuckers not respecting sanitary distances, yelling at them & all. Felt surreal. 

Can't help thinking that lockdown is just beginning here, 15 days for starters. Too many of our compatriots are too stupid to act carefully it seems, and Macron should have pronounced the word "confinement" in his last speech. For the lack of a better word, "funny" to see that Castaner had much stronger words, yet so predictable.

By the way, did you also received the gouv text message this morning ?

Image PNG.png

Yes, received the text message earlier today. I'm ashamed of our compatriots,  zero discipline, zero civility...

No health problem on my side and I guess I'm not infected but if I could avoid that dirty fucker at work, would be nice !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, auxien said:

if only Zeff weren't here

oh well, he'll go off the deep end and get banned eventually

go off what deep end?

if I wasn't here who would check your uncensored anti-humanism, anti-poorism, nearly fascist pseudo-centrism in favor of mass Iraqi civilian murder assister Joe Biden, as well as the defense of capitalism that is making coronavirus such an issue

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Facepalm 4
  • Burger 1

Americans will get income tax relief, possibly checks as well.  Microwaving take out food when it arrives helps kill any bacteria.  Stick to hot foods they're saying, containers can carry virus so throw away immediately and sanitize hands before eating.

I don't want anyone to lose their job, go hungry or die.  But some of those social media hustlers and whores who have polluted my life with never ending streams of hot shit over the past decade, there's just a little bit of schadenfreude seeing them now panic.  Even when I do my best to weed them out, someone else I'm following will retweet them, or some algorithm will latch onto me and never stop spamming, or some hashtag that is genuinely useful will get abused.  Your hot takes on why Nina Kraviz is a racist isn't much use now is it, you massive wank?

I do want them to die

• Like 3
  • Burger 2

I'm the guy who will lose his job in may after 10 years, who was like 10 days ill over the whole time, who has to search a new job, who still works, works, works, who teached the successors who replace me, who is amongst the last ones at company while most others do nice and cozy home office. In other words:

I AM AN IDIOT

Normal people would already be ill for like 6 weeks due to psychological or whatever made up reasons (you still get paid in Germany quite a while)... but my autistic minds forbid me to lie to the doctor. I cannot lie.

Edited by Guest