IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

Nations Boomers Unsure Which Of Their Homes They Should Work From

spacer.png

Enjoying the effects of a disaster they did not cause, the nation’s Baby Boomers have taken to supermarkets to purchase enough toilet paper to wipe away a lifetime of ingested tabloid shit.

Although prepared for potential weeks of lockdown, the directive to ‘work from home’ has confused many a boomer as they wonder which of their homes they are meant to work from.

“Did they want us isolating in the family home or in that flat we bought down the coast back at God-knows-when?” wondered local boomer Glenyth Cole (65) from inside her toilet paper bunker.

“Or perhaps they might want us in that darling little shack I bought for myself on my 35th birthday, I do have a soft spot for that one.”

Unfortunately, Cole’s story is one of many with baby boomers across Australia wondering which of their, negatively-geared properties with a hand-painted ‘house name’ they should spend the next two weeks watching Sunrise from.

“They really need to make these things clearer. This current lot has no idea what they’re doing. I can’t believe I’m going to keep voting for them until I die.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Trump is moving economically left of Democrats and it's the first sign of a fascistic takeover of the US, if Trump's election alone wasn't already all the sign we needed.  Coronavirus is rapidly modifying both the output of the means of production and the material conditions of the proletariat, and Trump is exploiting this by appropriating left-economic positions in a temporary and disingenuous way.  It's the first stages of fascism.  Given his inability to criticize neo-Nazis, I wouldn't be surprised if his radical right advisors are already literally plotting the Fourth Reich.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488227-trump-orders-hud-to-suspend-evictions-and-foreclosures

Edited by Zeffolia
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

3 hours ago, Nil said:

Hélas I tend to agree with you. Like, a lot. Like, 100%. 

I haven't been out on the streets since saturday. Working from home since 4th of March.

I hope when we finally run out of food and have to go shopping, then the situation has stabilised somewhat.

By the way seems we have started this weird 8pm clapping ritual with our neighbors. I guess that's a good way to check up on each other.

@TubularCorporation you should respond to PMs more, I thought you're dead or something. ?

Edited by thawkins
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

Trump is moving economically left of Democrats and it's the first sign of a fascistic takeover of the US, if Trump's election alone wasn't already all the sign we needed.  Coronavirus is rapidly modifying both the output of the means of production and the material conditions of the proletariat, and Trump is exploiting this by appropriating left-economic positions in a temporary and disingenuous way.  It's the first stages of fascism.  Given his inability to criticize neo-Nazis, I wouldn't be surprised if his radical right advisors are already literally plotting the Fourth Reich.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/488227-trump-orders-hud-to-suspend-evictions-and-foreclosures

or 

he's simply trying to do what he's paid for, this has nothing to do with fascism and you're completely mistaken.

also

Spoiler

seize-the-means-of-production-31487912.p

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 1

RE the "Wuhan virus":

https://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1177375.shtml

Wuhan virus preventable, controllable: commission

China's state media was calling it the Wuhan virus up until the WHO gave it the name SARS-CoV-2.

I prefer to call it by its given name now but I think the hysteria about calling it the "Wuhan virus" being racist is silly.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Shit.. Uhm. Ok what are next steps for you? Get well...

I’m trying to get through to the COVID hotline for my healthcare provider through an automated system they set up. Should get at a call back within four hours from a nurse to see if I need to go in for testing. No idea how that works.

Right now aside from the fever I have some moderate body aches, especially lower back. Coughing rarely, but occasionally.  Sore throat and headaches are the worst symptom so far aside from feeling wonky from the constant hot/cold of the fever.

It could be the flu or a shitty cold, but I’m trying not to freak out.

Mostly failing at that.  Couldn’t sleep more than three hours last night, which I’m sure is making the situation much worse.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Entorwellian said:

We are the problem.

7 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Latest in US:

FEMA activated nationwide

Defense Production Act invoked

All foreclosures & evictions suspended 

Pollution map of China 

IMG_2894.JPG

But, but, ozone layer is gonna go down and global warming will rise... :cattears:

3 minutes ago, baph said:

I think the chances of it being a different shitty cold are still much greater than it being the corona (which is still pretty rare, if stats are to be believed).  My friend's brother had a fever and some other cold symptoms last week, phoned her up convinced that he had it, and this week he's fine.  But yeah, natural to fear the worst with all the public hysteria.  And you're right to call the hotline, of course.  But the odds are still well in your favour.  Rest up!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, baph said:

I’m trying to get through to the COVID hotline for my healthcare provider through an automated system they set up. Should get at a call back within four hours from a nurse to see if I need to go in for testing. No idea how that works.

Right now aside from the fever I have some moderate body aches, especially lower back. Coughing rarely, but occasionally.  Sore throat and headaches are the worst symptom so far aside from feeling wonky from the constant hot/cold of the fever.

Mostly failing at that.  Couldn’t sleep more than three hours last night, which I’m sure is making the situation much worse.

If it makes you feel any better, most of the stuff I've read lists sore throat and headache as pretty uncommon COVID symptoms.

This is a pretty good list:

https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200310/know-the-symptoms-of-covid19

31 minutes ago, baph said:
1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Shit.. Uhm. Ok what are next steps for you? Get well...

I don't recall your situation (married or live with a partner...) - are you in touch with someone that can help in case your illness gets worse? IE help you make calls, emergency services etc. I've had bad pneumonia a few times and was almost incapable of doing anything aside from shitting/pissing and drinking water, if my wife wasn't here to help...

It is probably something else as many illnesses have similar symptoms and it IS cold/flu season. But I feel ya - I had weird cold/flu symptoms last week and I was freaking out.

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

15 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I don't recall your situation (married or live with a partner...) - are you in touch with someone that can help in case your illness gets worse? IE help you make calls, emergency services etc. I've had bad pneumonia a few times and was almost incapable of doing anything aside from shitting/pissing and drinking water, if my wife wasn't here to help...

It is probably something else as many illnesses have similar symptoms and it IS cold/flu season. But I feel ya - I had weird cold/flu symptoms last week and I was freaking out.

Fortunately my wife is transitioning to work from home tomorrow. I really hope I don’t get her sick. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

or 

he's simply trying to do what he's paid for, this has nothing to do with fascism and you're completely mistaken.

also

Reveal hidden contents

Why are you denying that he's obviously a fascist?  Look how he treats Mexicans

4 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

or 

he's simply trying to do what he's paid for

Reveal hidden contents

Negatory. The man hasn't an altruistic bone in his body. Everything he does is straight out of a get rich quick scheme handbook. He's not trying to do anything, he only stumbles around relying on dumbass luck. Even this thing about giving all Americans $1k is his way to buy votes in November.

Totally agree about this having nothing to do with fascism. I don't see his administration having any grand plan in mind, other than being useless yes men catering to his clueless, juvenile behavior. Turtle man and the rest of the team are too busy focused on keeping their seats and doing whatever else they can to defy common sense and fuck up the planet.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, auxien said:

my job on Monday started with a meeting 'meh it's not too bad, i guess we'll restrict most vendors but y'all don't freak out, this ain't a big deal, everyone is just afraid' to a few hours later going 'okay, no one at all other than office employees allowed in, absolutely no one' to the next day looking into setting up most of us to work from home. thinking that we'll be doing that work from home thing here next week most likely if not sooner? but who knows, they're flighty about shit.

they talked to us today, a few of us are going to start working from home as soon as they can get it going, in the next day or two it looks like. they're going to try and let as many of us work from home as possible, which is good and makes sense (my job is 99% on the computer anyway). so i'm hoping it goes smoothly and they let us work from home permanently tbh. 

also my apartment complex has been 'very concerned' with COVID apparently, and the way they're showing this is by going to each of our doors every single day this week and someone putting a folded up (so you know they've really touched all over it) piece of paper into each of our individual doors printed with new information and 'guidelines' and stuff, to tell us among other things that they're closing the office and the pool (they're almost never in the office anyway so they'll somehow be doing even less which is mindblowing... and i hear a group of people hanging out at the pool right now). of course who knows how much COVID/germs they're spreading by going to each of our doors every day and putting a new piece of paper that they've recently touched and obviously we now have to touch. 

49 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

Why are you denying that he's obviously a fascist?  Look how he treats Mexicans

I just don't buy that fascism is something he is striving for. This would imply he has a plan in mind, and he's proven time and time again that he sucks at strategizing and only reacts to what is in front of him. He's an asshole and a racist, and doesn't really like anyone outside his circle, but I don't think he has any true desire to change anything, only do stupid shit that pisses a lot of people off to his amusement.