^so that's how pepperonis are made

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, zero said:

toilet paper's still pretty scarce around these parts. actually had a momentary flash of panic while sitting on the commode earlier, starring at the half used roll next to me. I need to adjust my diet to stop crapping so much, maybe learn how to perfect the art of the clean break as that mcgriff guy used to describe in detail...

use this toilet paper calculator to see how much before you move things to the next level

1 hour ago, Rubin Farr said:

If (hopefully) Trump loses, there should be a full and bipartisan investigation into culpability of the Trump family, administration, AG, Secretary of State, and their associates.  They can't sweep this under the rug.

lol he is getting re-elected. alternatively, there won't be an election this year.

6 minutes ago, Entorwellian said:

lol he is getting re-elected. alternatively, there won't be an election this year.

I think (and I could be wrong, so it may be worth a google or two) that possibly, in the case of no election, the president may not be able to stay in office.

In this case, I believe the secretary of state may operate as the sitting head of the executive branch.

I really hope this is the case. 

3 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I think (and I could be wrong, so it may be worth a google or two) that possibly, in the case of no election, the president may not be able to stay in office.

In this case, I believe the secretary of state may operate as the sitting head of the executive branch.

I really hope this is the case. 

it's in the constitution that if there is no election then the line of succession takes effect and the speaker of the house takes office of the presidency. 

it says very plainly that the president's term ends jan 20th.  

i think we'll see more states vote by mail. also, the national vote  by mail act my get traction. there's a couple people in congress pushing that. we'll see though. 

• Like 2

^ that’ll definitely be the best way to lose votes and miscount ones and have another term with a president that lost the popular vote. Again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jules said:

^ that’ll definitely be the best way to lose votes and miscount ones and have another term with a president that lost the popular vote. Again.

vote by mail?  it's really popular in the states that do it. oregon, washington and i think there's a couple others that regularly do it this way. i love vote by mail in oregon. you can drop off the ballot in ballot boxes all over town or mail it. they check the signatures on the envelopes.  it's pretty common. 

a lot of people do early voting already anad that's by mail so it's not a concept that's unheard of to most people. beats standing in line for 6 hours or whatever. 

Looks like my fever broke. I still feel shitty but a bit less so than yesterday. Seemingly more sinus congestion than before and a bit of a tickle type of cough, but nothing severe. If that changes for the worse I’ll call the doctor right away.

These symptoms are a bit ass backward for a usual cold or flu for me. I’ve also only managed to get the flu probably 4 times in the last 20 years (one of which was right around the time of H1N1).  I get colds pretty frequently but I don’t think I’ve ever had one with a significant fever or without going through a couple boxes of tissue paper. 

Anyway, I’ll be keeping up the quarantine, obviously. 

• Like 7

If FDR can have a third term, Trump can suspend the election.

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

vote by mail?  it's really popular in the states that do it. oregon, washington and i think there's a couple others that regularly do it this way. i love vote by mail in oregon. you can drop off the ballot in ballot boxes all over town or mail it. they check the signatures on the envelopes.  it's pretty common. 

a lot of people do early voting already anad that's by mail so it's not a concept that's unheard of to most people. beats standing in line for 6 hours or whatever. 

+1

automatic mail-in ballots kick ass. love our system in WA. can see how it could be abused though. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@baph whew, happy to hear it hasn’t escalated noticeably...

stay positive ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 2

this ? aint ? the ? Trump ? thread

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

it's in the constitution that if there is no election then the line of succession takes effect and the speaker of the house takes office of the presidency. 

it says very plainly that the president's term ends jan 20th.  

i think we'll see more states vote by mail. also, the national vote  by mail act my get traction. there's a couple people in congress pushing that. we'll see though. 

That's exactly right, if no general election is held before January 20, 2021, at 12:01pm Trump and Pence automatically forfeit their offices.  That would mean President Nancy Pelosi (D) and Vice President Chuck Grassley (R).  Imagine that debacle, and the shouts of a coup or whatever other uneducated slang the right would use, even though the VP would be a Republican.   

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-17/no-trump-cant-postpone-the-november-election-but-thats-the-first-question

1 minute ago, auxien said:

this ? aint ? the ? Trump ? thread

It's off topic to mention that

• Thanks 1

1127380794_ScreenShot2020-03-19at5_22_44PM.png.c548133521ba10db3161da9f6662003d.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

I’m not one to panic but I’m starting to worry about some of my underlying healthy issues. Irony that it takes something like this for it to sink in but... being a bit overweight, hypertensive, asthma... I think I’m at a high risk here. ? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I’m not one to panic but I’m starting to worry about some of my underlying healthy issues. Irony that it takes something like this for it to sink in but... being a bit overweight, hypertensive, asthma... I think I’m at a high risk here. ? 

i could stand to lose 30 pounds. the chemo drug i take daily beats up my immune system some but it's still working. i got over a cold a few weeks ago actually. so i'm glad for that. if i think too much about it i'll worry and have to find ways  to reassure myself that i'll be fine so long as i keep away from people.

if you stick to the rules of social distancing and only going out when you need to you'll be ok. after a couple days of paying attention to all the info and watching a bit of news and following some reddit stories i had to quit tuning in because it's jus overwhelming and was stressing me out. 

so don't panic. keep it together. stay busy or occupied and all that stuff. the only thing that makes me get a little tweaky is when i think about going out to the store in 4 or 5 days to restock. i have a mask that my primary care doc gave me a while ago when i was sick and waiting the lobby to be seen. so i can wear that and just not touch anything that i'm not putting in my cart. then as soon as i get home washing my hands. 

i just try to be smart and conscious of what i'm doing and not get hyper self conscious about it. 

• Like 3

Just now, ignatius said:

i could stand to lose 30 pounds. the chemo drug i take daily beats up my immune system some but it's still working. i got over a cold a few weeks ago actually. so i'm glad for that. if i think too much about it i'll worry and have to find ways  to reassure myself that i'll be fine so long as i keep away from people.

if you stick to the rules of social distancing and only going out when you need to you'll be ok. after a couple days of paying attention to all the info and watching a bit of news and following some reddit stories i had to quit tuning in because it's jus overwhelming and was stressing me out. 

so don't panic. keep it together. stay busy or occupied and all that stuff. the only thing that makes me get a little tweaky is when i think about going out to the store in 4 or 5 days to restock. i have a mask that my primary care doc gave me a while ago when i was sick and waiting the lobby to be seen. so i can wear that and just not touch anything that i'm not putting in my cart. then as soon as i get home washing my hands. 

i just try to be smart and conscious of what i'm doing and not get hyper self conscious about it. 

Thanks man - I have pretty bad anxiety so I think what you're referring to, a bit of information overload on the subject, reading about it literally everywhere, might be getting to me. I'm going to try and disconnect from the topic a bit other than checking on close family and friends and some of y'all in here. Take the weekend off from mainstream news and facebook.

Good advice, I appreciate it. Stay safe and well...

• Like 2

Just now, ignatius said:

buy delivered groceries so you don't have to go to the store, there's lots of canned food on Amazon Fresh for instance

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the chemo drug i take daily beats up my immune system some but it's still working.

I'm in remission from cancer almost 27 years

I eat Rick Simpson Oil

and Dab Distillate

keeps me Healthy and my lungs clear:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think I'll try Costco again first thing tomorrow morning, even knowing the chance that they might be outta buttwipe. Have to start thinking like a doomsday prepper for basic rations & shit, but at the same time not act like one of those panic hoarders.

Amazing what we've taken for granted just a month ago...wipe, hand soap/sanitizer, disinfectant spray and wipes, all pretty much worth gold now. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Zeffolia said:

buy delivered groceries so you don't have to go to the store, there's lots of canned food on Amazon Fresh for instance

my local store is close and full of all kinds of good local stuff. they're good about keeping things stocked. it's not like costco with big lines and crowds. i avoid amazon as much as possible. when i went last week people were basically socially distanced in the store. seems like the message is received here or at least in the store. the cashiers were spacing people out too. if i drive up and there's a line out the door i'll just keep driving and then i'll order food on line. 

4 minutes ago, diatoms said:

I'm in remission from cancer almost 27 years

I eat Rick Simpson Oil

and Dab Distillate

keeps me Healthy and my lungs clear:)

that's great! 27 years is a good long time. i hope it stays the fuck gone!

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, ignatius said:

the only thing that makes me get a little tweaky is when i think about going out to the store in 4 or 5 days to restock. i have a mask that my primary care doc gave me a while ago when i was sick and waiting the lobby to be seen. so i can wear that and just not touch anything that i'm not putting in my cart. then as soon as i get home washing my hands. 

wasnt it you who said you got a cyberpunk mask? use that shit

also btw wiping shit down shit from the outside world is looking like it's not a bad idea... especially in the bad areas

Edited by very honest

1 minute ago, very honest said:

wasnt it you who said you got a cyberpunk mask? use that shit

also btw wiping shit down shit from the outside world is looking like it's not a bad idea... especially in the bad areas

i got a few canned beverages from the local convenience store yesterday and put them in the sink with soap and water and washed them off. 

my cyberpunk mask hasn't arrived yet. ordered it on line a while ago and it's yet to ship. sigh

Posted (edited)

^ man. food stores are scary. i'm actually thinking i will set an alarm for 4 am and go to the 24 hour store. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

hypertension is included in at least some lists of conditions correlated with severe symptoms from covid. overweight only correlated for people who are seriously overweight. 

play it smart, man. make smart moves. stay safe.

resource of info for conditions correlated with severe symptoms.

Edited by very honest