IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

9 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

can I ride my bike or what? 

Yes, but bring a gun and a gas mask.

• Like 1

Contactless delivery (leaving on doorstep) now mandatory + no cash orders for Skip deliveries.  These are unfortunate circumstances, but forgetting that for a moment, this is becoming more and more my dream job.

Somewhat off topic but still important: Make sure you have two-step verification on your Amazon accounts and check your account frequently for any odd activity if you are ordering stuff off of it during the pandemic. Amazon had a major security breach that isn't at all being made public. Large business accounts have been notified but they're covering it up for everyone else.

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Thanks 1

The global numbers are going to go up at a dizzying rate in the coming weeks as it gains traction pretty much everywhere. Looking at today's numbers is like looking at the stars: the incubation period means you're looking into a past when most countries hadn't even taken many measures yet. Until we get to a point where we'll see if the measures even do anything, it's going to be absolutely brutal and I think most people still aren't really mentally ready for what's definitely coming.

• Sad 4

^ yeah.

we went from 1 case globally to around 300,000 in about 3 months. by simple extrapolation we see the next 3 months - with NO adjustment - reaching billions. but we're bending the curve so it will just be... hundreds of millions? tens of millions infected in 3 months would mean we have improved the rate quite a bit?

262,144 is the 18th number in the binary sequence. that means you start at 1, multiply by 2, and keep hitting enter 18 times on your calculator. 

what's the doubling time of total cases, with this virus? data here says 8 days, globally. the 30th number in the binary sequence is around a billion. so if we are 12 doublings away from a billion cases, and it doubles in 8 days, that's 96 days.

btw we're just talking numbers of KNOWN cases

Edited by very honest
  • Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

my friend is a trauma nurse here in portland she said they're (the local hospital watercooler talk) expecting some time in the next 2 weeks to be the big boom in cases and hospitalizations. 

my boss, tentatively, wants to reopen the store April 1st but i'm thinking fuck that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

my friend is a trauma nurse here in portland she said they're (the local hospital watercooler talk) expecting some time in the next 2 weeks to be the big boom in cases and hospitalizations. 

my boss, tentatively, wants to reopen the store April 1st but i'm thinking fuck that. 

lol, my boss think we'll be back to work march 30, yeah sure...

Talked to my landlord ( who im friends with?? ) about maybe helping me out if i get laid off

He goes" i can't afford it. I know you have money. If you need help ask your parents. That would be like stealing from me etc etc 

I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe go on welfare, but nothing bad has happened yet; just gotta live one day to the next.

• Sad 2

I'm pretty lucky to be in an industry that keeps working through the shutdowns. I even have to print out a form to carry on me in case I get stopped by police. I just got texted by my supervisor about this. 

16 minutes ago, yekker said:

Talked to my landlord ( who im friends with?? ) about maybe helping me out if i get laid off

He goes" i can't afford it. I know you have money. If you need help ask your parents. That would be like stealing from me etc etc 

I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe go on welfare, but nothing bad has happened yet; just gotta live one day to the next.

Kill your fucking landlord oh my god.

If he evicts you post his contact and personal info. Lynch the fucker.

L8XaY8j.png

Edited by Entorwellian
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, yekker said:

there was talk about suspension of evictions and such if i'm not mistaken, but dunno if anything came of it or what all it applies to.

he sounds like a fucking dick tho.

11 minutes ago, yekker said:

due to what you do for work do you think its likely youll get laid off?

1 minute ago, Bodhidharma said:

due to what you do for work do you think its likely youll get laid off?

Janitorial? I can see it being possible. 

If no one is coming into the offices I'm cleaning than why not.

My sister says I could file for welfare until everything blows over.