IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

maddow, msnbc flagship, calls on networks, including her own, to stop live broadcasting trump press conferences, because he is actually behaving like a compulsive liar throughout this, and spreading harmful misinformation. and she's right. 

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Singapore and South Korea are both using massive tracking efforts that have serious privacy implications. Along with Japan, it’s already been a societal norm to wear masks there for some time (a couple of decades or so).  
China’s incompetence resulted in this being worse than it needed to be. Plus their tracking efforts are even more draconian than South Korea and Singapore. 

then you have fuckwits like this trying to normalize those approaches: https://www.technologyreview.com/s/615370/coronavirus-pandemic-social-distancing-18-months/

so yeah while the Korean efforts at testing should be applauded, their tracking shit is unacceptable. 

yeah. few realise how intrusive those approaches are, i'm guessing. plus, they are forced to keep it that way until a vaccine becomes available. which is next year at its most positive estimate. likely takes even longer.

it's easy to laugh at the western countries as incompetent. and to an extent i agree with the criticism. there needs to be more testing. but the reality is, i'd expect large unrest if those methods would be applied here.

and more importantly, when a test for anti-bodies becomes available (which is a matter of weeks, btw!) and there's options for large scale and fast tests for anti-bodies, you can scan the population for immunity. you can free those immune from the lockdown.

in the meantime though, those healthcare systems are going to be tested to the limit. which is where my biggest worries are.

• Like 2

my symptoms are exactly the same as last saturday at a discomfort level of 1 out 10. i just did my first workout in 11 days though 10x50 bodyweight reps and holy fuck my lungs were not enjoying it atall. also i now havent spoken to a human being in six days and i can understand why tom hanks was chatting to wilson. ive started pretending im a streamer and talking myself through my logic out loud on slay the spire.

5 minutes ago, pcock said:

my symptoms are exactly the same as last saturday at a discomfort level of 1 out 10. i just did my first workout in 11 days though 10x50 bodyweight reps and holy fuck my lungs were not enjoying it atall. also i now havent spoken to a human being in six days and i can understand why tom hanks was chatting to wilson. ive started pretending im a streamer and talking myself through my logic out loud on slay the spire.

Wiiiiiilsooooooon !!!

15 hours ago, manmower said:

image.png.fdd0d98d9e5708d33e395e4abbd17ac5.png

Avoid Humans Wash Everything EP imminent. ♥️

Bizarrely, it also works the other way around (avoid everything, wash humans), btw. Such is the crazy that we live in right now.

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 2

9 hours ago, goDel said:

don't think that graph presents meaningful information though. there's a structural underreporting because people aren't being tested. and you'd rather see a "per capita" on the y-axis. US and Spain look equally severe, but these are vastly different countries in population-size. That's apples and oranges. don't think ft is doing a good service here.

for some data and graphics i prefer

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

it's true.. i've yet to see any charts/graphs that don't require some context to figure them out and think what the true numbers are. i think charting actual cases that are confirmed has some merit though comparing them to other countries who have had different methods and data sets is confusing. it's hard to know what's happening other than "cases increasing"

@dr lopez  so sorry.  hope for the best. 

Just now, Entorwellian said:

Same thing planned in UK. Emergency legislation (unscrutinised), to last for 2 yrs - and will not be reviewed at all in that period. 

Potentially commencing middle of next week. 

Powers to arrest, detain indefinitely and relocation of people "suspected" of being infected. And a lot more. 

Don't  know about that 1st video but the 2nd one with the train is years old and has nothing to do with the virus.
but Entorwellian wants to believe it. he wants to think the absolute worst is going to happen.

not quite sure why.

you seem to be having some real issues with this thing, really doesn't seem like you're dealing with it well and I'm sorry about that. pm me if you'd like to chat.

• Like 1

Don't want to go full tinfoil hat on you, but there's an old article (february 23/ 2017) of a trusted french paper (le point)  about a P4 lab opening in Wuhan (it was a collaboration with France, there's a p4 lab in Lyon) here's the link for french readers https://www.lepoint.fr/monde/epidemies-nouvelle-etape-pour-le-premier-laboratoire-p4-chinois-23-02-2017-2106936_24.php

Edited by d-a-m-o

4 hours ago, dr lopez said:

grandpa in the ICU .. doctors giving him a 50/50 chance. oof. miserable.

?

Do you know what medicine are they giving him?