IGNORED

Coronavirus COVID-19

BCM

1 hour ago, cwmbrancity said:

“thought I’d try n squeeze my significant tits into this overly tight dress while mulling over the consequences of my actions for a Guardian interview”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/25/stay-at-home-plea-from-woman-who-may-have-spread-covid-19

lol

3 hours ago, milkface said:

Bloody hope so, I could be out with my friends skating, smoking and just generally making the most of the last bit of my last teenage year before I'm too old for my behaviour to be normal but noooooooo someone had to eat some dodgy bat ?

Can't you just hang out in smaller groups? 

6 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

Can't you just hang out in smaller groups? 

bro, teenagers on watmm shouldn’t be hanging out at all they should be sitting alone in their room listening to autechre with three pairs of headphones on

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2

There are 4 business establishments out of many hundreds in my city that have been identified as having at least one Covid infected person coming from them, 1 of which just so happens to be the waxing spa my friend worked at, the friend I've been in isolation with the last week and a half. What are the chances?  Anyway, she was scheduled to work the day the person went there, but luckily she had just quit so didn't come in for her shift.  However, she did go there the next day to tie up some loose ends, and came in contact with people who were working there the day before. So far she has no symptoms, but she's not outside the 2 week window yet.  It's a good thing my capacity for anxiety is severely stunted, otherwise I'd be freaking out right now.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pcock said:

horrifying.

I try not to add too much to the doom & gloom, but a really good friend of mine works as a tech at sloan kettering, which is a cancer center in NYC. They aren't set up to be an ER and a week or so ago he had to help change out their OR equipment to make it ER compatible, since the type of dispensing machines, etc. are totally different. Up until today, he and I were texting stupid shit...zombie apocalypse, eating brains, monkey pictures, whatever. He texted today saying that things just got real. His staff are all sick, sick patients everywhere, and shortage of the most important things. He can't just up and leave or work from home like the rest of us.

So yeah, I can't even imagine being stuck in NYC right now and having to work at a hospital where it must be totally surreal witnessing this first hand.

• Thanks 1

Well after 7 days in a row treating 40-odd patients daily without any available PPE I unsurprisingly came down with coronavirus symptoms on Monday.

All feels a bit weird at home as my wife (who also works in the NHS) has been evacuated to a hotel so she can continue to work. Means I spend the day pottering around in a dressing gown listening to zoviet france or the NTS sessions.

I've felt much worse than this with flu before, but I'm aware it's only day 3...

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 7
  • Burger 2

I work in cancer care, so wasn't treating covid-19 patients directly - but of course there was no testing being done at the time so I ended up treating a number of pts that have since tested positive.

It's an unprecedented situation, although 2 weeks ago there were things we needed from the government: more tests, decent PPE, and a massive expansion of ICU beds. it's a shame they spent weeks faffing about with that herd immunity bollocks - at least they seem to be mobilising in the right direction now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7

sucks you've gotta quarantine away from your wife while you're sick, hopefully it doesn't hit you badly and it passes quickly. NTS sessions at least tho... ? and you've got WATMM!!!!! :nyan:

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Worried about baph, hope he’s doing ok

Thanks, dude. I’m doing ok.  Still no breathing issues, which is the major thing of course.

I developed what seems to be a secondary sinus infection (which kind of runs in the family after getting a virus like a cold or flu) and that makes it a bit hard to gauge whether the initial thing is gone or still kicking around. I have gunk running down my throat and making me cough and giving me a sinus headache. I got some antibiotics in the mail today from my healthcare provider, so hopefully that kicks in soon!

• Like 10

1 hour ago, baph said:

Thanks, dude. I’m doing ok.  Still no breathing issues, which is the major thing of course.

I developed what seems to be a secondary sinus infection (which kind of runs in the family after getting a virus like a cold or flu) and that makes it a bit hard to gauge whether the initial thing is gone or still kicking around. I have gunk running down my throat and making me cough and giving me a sinus headache. I got some antibiotics in the mail today from my healthcare provider, so hopefully that kicks in soon!

Very happy to read this! No breathing issues = a big +++. Did you end up getting tested by chance just to know?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Very happy to read this! No breathing issues = a big +++. Did you end up getting tested by chance just to know?

No, I’m still not tested. I tried going through an alternate route through worker’s comp insurance and got the same spiel. Nobody is getting tested unless they’re very, very sick or very, very rich.

Shit’s fucked up and bullshit.

• Sad 2

Just now, baph said:

No, I’m still not tested. I tried going through an alternate route through worker’s comp insurance and got the same spiel. Nobody is getting tested unless they’re very, very sick or very, very rich.

Shit’s fucked up and bullshit.

Just shows how much disarray our health care system is in. I heard that in RoK and Taiwan they've been testing people left and right. Why should it be so difficult for us to do the same?

More importantly though, glad you're able to actually still get on here and vent about it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

i'm guessing one answer is they valued their public health resources much better than the US, where $$ buys access.

the reluctance to test people is a deliberate and scandalous strategy which vastly downplays the true nature of this tragedy.

so true. and it will help trump with his mission to reopen the economy too soon because "look at the numbers"

but it sounds like Dr. Fauci is trying to steer the orange pile of pig vomit away from that plan. but who knows? crazy dumb greedy shit is trump's wheelhouse.

what's also truly fuckt is that since the whitehouse didn't mandate lot's of production of all the things hospitals and care workers need the states are in bidding wars and haggling shit out w/companies trying to get all teh things they need. 

21 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

my mom sent me that today. didn't really do any of that w/my recent grocery trip. disinfected some things thoroughly but certainly not as thorough as his process. i guess next time i'll go all in. 

3 hours ago, ignatius said:

my mom sent me that today. didn't really do any of that w/my recent grocery trip. disinfected some things thoroughly but certainly not as thorough as his process. i guess next time i'll go all in. 

I've started doing that!

things are not looking good here in France, the government is openly downplaying the number of cases, lots of peoples dying in retirement homes, gov is also openly lying about masks and testing (telling people that both are useless since the beginning of the epidemic just because, well, there's not enough masks and test are expensive...) Macron is still talking about european cooperation but this is a joke, EU is fucked, can't see how it could survive this crisis. I hope all is good for you and your loved ones fellow watmmers, stay strong and wash your hands !

• Like 1
  • Sad 2