Dark Arts - Reflections in a Rear View Mirror

Collection of archival material from Columbus area goth / new wave 80s band that kind of got lost in the shuffle, as many do.  Sounds timely for the hauntology / dark ambient scenes that owe a lot to this kind of sound.

https://stroomtv.bandcamp.com/album/reflections-in-a-rear-view-mirror

dark arts.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Uros
      Previously unreleased Lustmord

"Lustmord’s TRINITY was originally commissioned by Unsound Festival in 2012 as a live presentation, with the project being developed further for this album version.
      It includes location recordings made at Los Alamos National Laborites, where the atom bomb was developed and at Jornada Del Muerte Alamogordo Air Base (aka White Sands), New Mexico where the first bomb was detonated, along with audio gathered at the Los Alamos National Laboratory Archive via the Freedom of Information Act. "
      Merry tunes for the bandcamp day
    • By Rubin Farr
      it's become an obsession of mine; folklore tapes, a year in the country, penny dreadful, ghost box, 1602 angela, hauntologists, mordant music, oz, wicca, salem, paganism, tarot, blackhill transmitter, eyedoublecross, the wicker man, what else ya got? let's go down this rabbit hole together. educate me.
    • By Virtekh
      One of two albums I've been working on this year is out now. The other will be out in the next few months. Thank you. 🙂
      https://virtekhproductions.bandcamp.com/album/ghost-cities

• By ShammenDelly
      Hi Folks
      It's been a long time since I posted here. I wanted to share something new I've been working on, a new EP I just released on May 1st that I hope people here would really enjoy. 
      This is a vivid reimagined vision of a time when Irish Country legend Big Tom and his Mainliners were leaders of 'The Peoples Temple' in Monaghan back in the late 70's and would travel around the country summoning new followers for the sacred dances around stone circles and beaches. His followers would come down the Four Country Roads in droves, the Smithwicks would be flowing and be tainted with thee auwl Magick Mushroomz, the masses would be waltzing and jiving around large fires howling to the skies as the sun rises as the big beat keeps on thumping.

The music in this EP is a mixutre of old and new music Shammen Delly produced in his 'Dunge' up north in Donegal, which sounds like a surreal noise fest of oneric distorted whirling warbly synth chords and thoughts of 70's German Krautrock emotional mellotrons, blending in hidden country bass lines, and a wash of psychedelic industrialistic rhythms and downtempo decrepit trip-hop big beats, and organic recordings of piano,harmonium, and personal tape recordings from Friel's family members throughout the past taken from an old tape the producers mother recorded when she was a kid.
      There's a tapemix I made from Tascam Portastudio 424mkIII sessions titled 'An Evocation to Tonduff' for your listening pleasure also. 
      Listen/Buy here: https://shammendelly.bandcamp.com/album/the-peoples-temple-ov-big-tom