IGNORED

Sounds from my studio

Hello everyone! I'm new to this community and would like to share some of my music.

I've put a compilation of music on the web, a sort of sketch book or memoir. I've selected tracks I made that I think are unique enough to stand out.

My main interest is in writing music in an organic and interesting way (interesting to me at least). All of these tracks are made purely on hardware devices - there are no VSTs or editing done on a DAW. I found that if I limit myself to the sound of what I own I'm much more content. I try to use the whole studio as a single musical instrument. Most of it is recorded live so I can 'hand automate' and tweak things.

Some of it's techno, some of it's noisy, some of it's very minimalistic. Lots of dub vibe though

I'm not really "into" production,  I prefer the warm, thick analog sound of the instruments without huge compression or EQ. Sonically it's quite starkly contrasted with modern technique. I like a lot of crackles and pops from the ageing gear, I like the sketchy demo quality sound.

The website only really works on a desktop browser, but the audio will play on a mobile device. Some of he pieces are available on vinyl, but I think it's mostly sold out now.

If anyone want's to dip their toe in, I'd recommend "Burro", "Barra" or "LAMIERA D'ACCIAIO" as starting points.

I don't do SoundCloud or anything like that, so I hope this isn't against the rules.

You can listen here: Lvcchesi.com

It's not really my style, but I can appreciate when an experimental track like "Lamiera d' Acciaio" has a clear rhythm I can follow.

I like how the artwork on "Proiettili di Plastica EP" goes with "Zona." This is off topic, but that picture reminds me of an independent game that recently became popular (I think it's called "Pathologic.")

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 1:34 PM, 714681746476436 said:

Hello everyone! I'm new to this community and would like to share some of my music.

I've put a compilation of music on the web, a sort of sketch book or memoir. I've selected tracks I made that I think are unique enough to stand out.

My main interest is in writing music in an organic and interesting way (interesting to me at least). All of these tracks are made purely on hardware devices - there are no VSTs or editing done on a DAW. I found that if I limit myself to the sound of what I own I'm much more content. I try to use the whole studio as a single musical instrument. Most of it is recorded live so I can 'hand automate' and tweak things.

Some of it's techno, some of it's noisy, some of it's very minimalistic. Lots of dub vibe though

I'm not really "into" production,  I prefer the warm, thick analog sound of the instruments without huge compression or EQ. Sonically it's quite starkly contrasted with modern technique. I like a lot of crackles and pops from the ageing gear, I like the sketchy demo quality sound.

The website only really works on a desktop browser, but the audio will play on a mobile device. Some of he pieces are available on vinyl, but I think it's mostly sold out now.

If anyone want's to dip their toe in, I'd recommend "Burro", "Barra" or "LAMIERA D'ACCIAIO" as starting points.

I don't do SoundCloud or anything like that, so I hope this isn't against the rules.

You can listen here: Lvcchesi.com

Really special, thanks for sharing!

Archived