IGNORED

How does the World view China these days?

auxien

14 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

its a piece of evidence that theyre not even bothering in this region at this time to either detain uyghurs or destroy their culture, or if they're doing it they're very incompetent

it comes across as, or has same vibe as, the meat processing plant spokesperson taking the hip young news crew from the alt channel through a big green field full of frolicking cows and and pigs with sunflowers in their hair explaining how happy and well cared for the animals are and never going into the meat processing plant/slaughter house. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it comes across as, or has same vibe as, the meat processing plant spokesperson taking the hip young news crew from the alt channel through a big green field full of frolicking cows and and pigs with sunflowers in their hair explaining how happy and well cared for the animals are and never going into the meat processing plant/slaughter house. 

I'd like to see a picture or video of the inside of the slaughterhouse

• Like 1

also please explain why theyre genociding the uyghurs when if they did that there would be nobody left to work on the resources in the region.  do they want uyghurs processing cotton for textiles or do they want them dead? what does genocide have to do with china's ideology? why are they putting out propaganda pretending they aren't genociding if they are? how do they benefit?

9 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

also please explain why theyre genociding the uyghurs when if they did that there would be nobody left to work on the resources in the region.  do they want uyghurs processing cotton for textiles or do they want them dead? what does genocide have to do with china's ideology? why are they putting out propaganda pretending they aren't genociding if they are? how do they benefit?

Ask hitler?

5 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Ask hitler?

hitler was a fascist and nazi who explicitly went around publicly telling everyone that he hated jewish, slavic, lgbt, leftie, roma, etc. people and wanted to kill them all.  china is not, why are they putting out propaganda telling their population to respect ethnic populations, why does their very constitution say they must overcome han chauvinism, if in reality its the opposite?  the propaganda matches the goals.  what in the ideology makes them want to genocide uyghurs?  wheres pictures of bodies?  im at a loss here seems like literally just a manufactured op

1 minute ago, cyanobacteria said:

hitler was a fascist and nazi who explicitly went around publicly telling everyone that he hated jewish, slavic, lgbt, leftie, roma, etc. people and wanted to kill them all.  china is not, why are they putting out propaganda telling their population to respect ethnic populations, why does their very constitution say they must overcome han chauvinism, if in reality its the opposite?  the propaganda matches the goals.  what in the ideology makes them want to genocide uyghurs?  wheres pictures of bodies?  im at a loss here seems like literally just a manufactured op

Optics.

• Farnsworth 2

35 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

I'd like to see a picture or video of the inside of the slaughterhouse

there's plenty of that on line and if you want it in big 4k video watch "Fast Food Nation" and you'll get all the capitalist immigrant exploitation/environmental/animal abuse w/a big "kill floor" pay off at the very end. i'm sure if you youtube "fast food nation final scene" it's probably there. 

A friend of a friend worked in a slaughter house. he came to visit once and told stories when out drinking.. which he did a lot. we asked about who gets decent cuts of meat in fast food world.. i don't remember details but someone gets the meat that is scraped off the cow's face/skull. 

Edited by ignatius

13 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Dude beef cheeks are a delicacy, the way you describe it is just poor optics 

face Pâté is amazing. 

edit: i think it was arby's or taco bell.. maybe both.. got the face scrapings. 

i guess you have to cook it long and slow or else it's like a shoe. but i think my friend's friend was describing something different. 

sort of like this but with a cow skull:

Edited by ignatius

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

there's plenty of that on line and if you want it in big 4k video watch "Fast Food Nation" and you'll get all the capitalist immigrant exploitation/environmental/animal abuse w/a big "kill floor" pay off at the very end. i'm sure if you youtube "fast food nation final scene" it's probably there. 

A friend of a friend worked in a slaughter house. he came to visit once and told stories when out drinking.. which he did a lot. we asked about who gets decent cuts of meat in fast food world.. i don't remember details but someone gets the meat that is scraped off the cow's face/skull. 

I'm talking about the slaughterhouse of uyghurs that was metaphorically implied by your overall comment, as a vegan I'm well aware of animal slaughtehousres

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

I'm talking about the slaughterhouse of uyghurs that was metaphorically implied by your overall comment, as a vegan I'm well aware of animal slaughtehousres

just use your imagination... it worked for me. 

but really.. my point is that the VIBE of that video is some some real "wanna buy a timeshare on Captiva Island?" 

Edited by ignatius

https://news.rthk.hk/rthk/en/component/k2/1588193-20210428.htm

The key bits, since it's a short article:

Elsie Leung, who's also a former deputy of Beijing's Basic Law Committee, explained that people might get away with chanting slogans denouncing one-party rule, but such a chant might breach the national security law if accompanied with "other actions".

"Just chanting the slogan may not necessarily violate the law, but of course you have to look at the evidence, what was said and done beforehand and afterwards," Leung told reporters after attending an event.

She then stressed that China has a multi-party system, which is led by the Chinese Communist Party (CCP). At the same time, the CCP is the ruling party, and this is set out in the constitution, she said.

People should respect the constitution, and they should not say anything that challenges it, she added.

She has a viable future as a Republican strategist if she ever comes out of retirement....

• Like 1

On 4/19/2021 at 9:46 PM, cyanobacteria said:

China is a secular state, and as history has shown time and again, a regime cannot fight a religion, no matter how long or hard they try. Most religious people lean harder into their faith the more they are oppressed, so it’s a futile ourorboros. The Baptist Church is an example that comes to mind.

Thank god, mukbang videos are the worst. I hope they can bring the ban to the west as well.

• Haha 1

first step in the sub-thread “How does China view the World these days?”

answer: from space. they’ll be viewing us from space.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

US passes bill to fund $100m for anti-China propaganda campaign

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/1169/text

(c) Authorization of appropriations.—There is authorized to be appropriated, for each of fiscal years 2022 through 2026 for the United States Agency for Global Media, $100,000,000 for ongoing and new programs to support local media, build independent media, combat Chinese disinformation inside and outside of China, invest in technology to subvert censorship, and monitor and evaluate these programs.

6 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

US passes bill to fund $100m for anti-China propaganda campaign

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/senate-bill/1169/text

(c) Authorization of appropriations.—There is authorized to be appropriated, for each of fiscal years 2022 through 2026 for the United States Agency for Global Media, $100,000,000 for ongoing and new programs to support local media, build independent media, combat Chinese disinformation inside and outside of China, invest in technology to subvert censorship, and monitor and evaluate these programs.

a7EK35b_460s.jpg

Lol from the same bill:

SEC. 136. SUPPORTING INDEPENDENT MEDIA AND COUNTERING DISINFORMATION.

(a) Findings.—Congress makes the following findings:

(1) China is increasing its spending on public diplomacy including influence campaigns, advertising, and investments into state-sponsored media publications outside of China. These include, for example, more than $10,000,000,000 in foreign direct investment in communications infrastructure, platforms, and properties, as well as bringing journalists to China for training programs.

(3) Even in Western countries, China spends extensively on influence operations, such as a $500,000,000 advertising campaign to attract cable viewers in Australia and a more than $20,000,000 campaign to influence United States public opinion via the China Daily newspaper supplement.

• Like 1