IGNORED

How does the World view China these days?

auxien

it'd be kinda wild if there were 20something libertarian kids living in china who every time a news story about the USA came out said "actually this is a good thing, because it's going to help bring about the golden age of the worldwide free market society"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

leader of chinese student protests admits she intended for a bloodbath to happen, and she was angry that some people were trying to help the chinese government avoid the bloodbath.  she wanted a bloodbath to happen so the chinese people could see it and oppose the government

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJEXRdM2Xpo

and?

the government still massacred their citizens. even if that's what one or some of the citizens wanted, that doesn't absolve the gov actions in the least

• Like 3

china is not above internal politics and personal agendas that result in massive amounts of violence. leaders purge their enemies and do all the tyrannical shit that other shit headed politicians do in other parts of the world.. and often those people are jailed or executed. that's the way it's been for a long time. regardless of what system of gov't they have they're doing some shitty shit. 

if anyone think they know what will come of china and what the goals of leadership are there.. well.. i doubt it. there's some well informed educated people who know the country very well and can make informed statements about what ping's goals are our what china's larger goals are but even they admit it's speculation and can only surmise these things based on what's happening.. and none of these people can tell the future and admit the future is full of unseen consequences. 

blah blah blah-bity bloop blop. 

it's worth mentioning that there was a struggle within the government.. it wasn't united on its actions but the hardliners won out and crushed the movement. it's what they wanted from the start. 

none of this is simple. i mean.. events leading up to all this are complex and full of rivalries. 

i recommend watching the adam curtis doc. "can't get you out of my mind" the stuff on china is particularly amazing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

it'd be kinda wild if there were 20something libertarian kids living in china who every time a news story about the USA came out said "actually this is a good thing, because it's going to help bring about the golden age of the worldwide free market society"

Not kids assuredly, but these high net worth individuals in super communist China sure don’t like the new national security law:  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-hongkong-protests-china-wealth-idUSKBN2340QC

So they probably love all the stories about deregulation that came out during the Trump reign of terror. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It'd be pretty dope if the rest of this century was, like, a proper friendly competition to see who could become a space-faring techno-utopian empire first. because rn it feels kinda like a football game where china showed up to play football & the west showed up to shit its pants live on webcam

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

please do not quote me without submitting a request for citation with the proper authorities 

I am a victim of authorities

The authorities have made their way into my soul

I'm scared to break the rules

I wish I was less pathetic

I just have to wish

And not do shit

But I cannot do shit

I have no strength to do shit

I'm just a coward who's afraid to make mistakes

I am an optimist in that I will always be happy even if I am miserable in my own mind.

I am a pessimist in that I don't think there's any hope for me so why try?

So I finally have my own place to stay in. I am currently staying with a friend, and it's great. This is a lie, I don't have friends

I think it's the most encouraging thing ever. I feel like I've passed some big milestone. It might sound weird, but that's how it feels to me. This is a lie, I feel miserable

I don't think there's anyone in the world who understands me like he does. And it doesn't matter that we're not close or anything; we never were (he doesn't even really exist), but we still put up with each other. He was one of my closest friends for such a long time (if he existed), and although our relationship has been very rocky lately and we've had a lot of disagreements--we talk about them now. We just talk on the phone for hours at a time sometimes, because that's what people do when they're old and boring like us hahaahhahahahaha! But that conversation is so important to me. I can't even explain how much it means to me, but I still will. I've never had someone who just listens and gets me like he did. He knows that so many people have used me, and he knows why they all did too, but he doesn't care. They all cheated on me or just sucked in general, and I can't stand them anymore (which is good because only one of them was on my friends list lmao). But this person accepts the fact that they hurt me without getting upset or defensive or anything like that. And when he says he doesn't want to see me hurt again, it's not because he wants to be with me, it's because he actually cares about my feelings. He's the only one who does now. It makes him really special to me. This is a lie

I'm really sick of being lied to by myself

• 2 weeks later...

interesting chat about china, technology, usa and possible steps to confrontation.. the tech talk is interesting. usa being left behind. 

https://www.gzeromedia.com/gzero-world-with-ian-bremmer/what-could-spark-a-us-china-war

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

59 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

A proud Chinese tradition, btw. Thumbs up.

For the slackers, of course, not for the uncultured yokels in the CCP that are trying to suppress what is simply the latest iteration of an ancient and very persistent thread in Chinese thought. What are they going to do next? Ban the Zhuang Zi? Outlaw Taoism?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

What are they going to do next? Ban the Zhuang Zi? Outlaw Taoism?

Real Maoists would be down with those ideas.

48 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

except they'd be too busy trying not to starve to death.

4 hours ago, ignatius said:

except they'd be too busy trying not to starve to death

real tough period they went through back in the day. so hungry they had to eat bags of Mao Mix: cat food, basically. and i ain't talkin about the kind they serve in Guangxi

12 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Yeah, you’re right. They already tried once before. Let’s hope Xi isn’t going to attempt to one up Mao on this.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Yeah, you’re right. They already tried once before. Let’s hope Xi isn’t going to attempt to one up Mao on this.

Xi mos def is the type of dude who wants to one up Mao though. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xi_Jinping_Thought