IGNORED

How does the World view China these days?

auxien

19 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

UN envoys attend event highlighting ethnic group solidarity in Xinjiang, condemn West for fabricating lies
https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202107/1228139.shtml

Over 30 country envoys from Russia, Saudi Arabia, Pakistan and Belarus among others attended the meeting

Envoys from North Korea, Sri Lanka, Venezuela, Belarus, Iran, Laos, Cameroon, Ethiopia and other countries spoke at the meeting, appreciating China's continuous effort in eradicating absolute poverty and maintaining peace in Xinjiang, 

upstanding members of the international community all.

• Like 1

if half watching warhammer 40k timeline summary videos has taught me anything, it's that this silly america vs china rivalry is but a trifling matter in the grand unfolding of horrors that is to be humanity's future history

• Farnsworth 1

9 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

United States, upstanding member of the international community

Then move to one of the ones on that list ?

21 hours ago, Cryptowen said:

if half watching warhammer 40k timeline summary videos has taught me anything, it's that this silly america vs china rivalry is but a trifling matter in the grand unfolding of horrors that is to be humanity's future history

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only shidding and farding of pands.

*goes and rewatches Astartes fan film*

• Farnsworth 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Petrochemical_Corporation

this is apparently the second richest company in the world (after walmart). why does the logo look like it was sourced from a wordart cd that someone bought at a staples in 1998

opec + SIN!

16 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/China_Petrochemical_Corporation

this is apparently the second richest company in the world (after walmart). why does the logo look like it was sourced from a wordart cd that someone bought at a staples in 1998

maybe they're the 2nd richest company because they don't waste their budget on shit like graphic design to make a cool logo

can you even imagine how much tDR would charge for that? would take a year and a half and hundreds of labor hours from a team of designers, each making at least 6 figures a year. for one logo. communism got something right :trollface:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

-Only “healthy” songs that “promote positive energy” will be allowed-

Reminds me reading Ligeti talking about how in soviet dictatorship not only you were oppressed and under total dictatorship control, but contrary to some other dictatorship, you also had to be happy at all time to be oppressed and under total dictatorship control on top of it. Next level of mindfuck. You don't even have a right to sadness.

''Under the plan, karaoke venues would be responsible for policing their song lists and deleting any songs that: “endanger national unity, sovereignty or territorial integrity, or harm national security, honour or interests”. It will also ban songs that “incite ethnic hatred”.

While the proposal did not mention any specific songs by name, in the past banned songs have been those seen as political or promoting poor social behaviour such as 

I love Taiwanese Girls, Fart, Beijing Hooligans and Don’t Want to Go to School.

A central song list would be created by the ministry for karaoke venues and their operators who would then be responsible for deleting banned songs. Only “healthy” songs that “promote positive energy” will be allowed, and venues are encouraged to promote songs seen as championing the government’s agenda.''

https://www.scmp.com/news/people-culture/trending-china/article/3141406/china-seeks-ban-karaoke-songs-new-crackdown

Edited by thefxbip

1 hour ago, thefxbip said:

I love Taiwanese Girls, Fart, Beijing Hooligans and Don’t Want to Go to School.

Can't believe they would consider banning the classic Fart.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Can't believe they would consider banning the classic Fart.

Gotta love communist dictatorships for their respect and dedication to a clean and good smelling social environment.

Never knew farts had such power to disrupt the autority. I shall from now on, fart in the face of oppression.

Edited by thefxbip

1 hour ago, thefxbip said:

You don't even have a right to sadness.

sadness gets in the way of the material production/consumption process, and increasingly that is the only point of reference (in the east & the west)

15 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

sadness gets in the way of the material production/consumption process, and increasingly that is the only point of reference (in the east & the west)

Except for all the anti-depressant meds and self-help books that get sold... ?

saw this in the news this morning and remembered @chenGOD knows this guy:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/10/chinese-court-michael-spavor-11-years-503645

seems pretty messed up...I only know what I've read online, but looks like a clear case of retaliation stemming back to the arrest of the Huawei exec woman. I can only imagine how frustrating/infuriating it must be for all involved. once again, reminds me that the criminal justice system in N. America is far from perfect...but still...it's night and day compared to how the law works in authoritarian led countries.

5 minutes ago, zero said:

saw this in the news this morning and remembered @chenGOD knows this guy:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/08/10/chinese-court-michael-spavor-11-years-503645

seems pretty messed up...I only know what I've read online, but looks like a clear case of retaliation stemming back to the arrest of the Huawei exec woman. I can only imagine how frustrating/infuriating it must be for all involved. once again, reminds me that the criminal justice system in N. America is far from perfect...but still...it's night and day compared to how the law works in authoritarian led countries.

Yeah it's completely fucked. If Spav is a spy, I'm the other member of the Aphex Twins.

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

Yeah it's completely fucked. If Spav is a spy, I'm the other member of the Aphex Twins.

not gonna lie...I did think if this dude is a spy, then chen must be in on it too. beware of black helicopters sporting Chinese insignia following you around...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

>be teachers union

>behave like seperatist movement

>get treated like seperatist movement

>what? we're just a humble teachers union

• Like 1

Meng Wanzhou: The Royal Canadian Mounted Police subsequently arrested her on a provisional U.S. extradition request for fraud and conspiracy to commit fraud in order to circumvent U.S. sanctions against Iran

[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meng_Wanzhou]

such absolute fraud, such a legitimate arrest, holy crap I can't believe a citizen of a sovereign nation disobeyed US sanctions /s

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli