TIGRESS

11 new Coppice Halifax recordings for fans of High Hawaiian Fog, Ocean Lion, Swaying Palms, Sun Cast & Pawleys Island.

Releases on Valentine's Day at Bandcamp, on a full-color factory printed 2xCDR edition, but...

Stream the title track here : https://soundcloud.com/slowlid/coppice-halifax-tigress

Twitch Listening Party happening this Thursday, Feb. 13th 2020.

5:30 PM EST (USA) 10:30 PM GMT (UK/EU)

http://twitch.tv/analogbotany

Facebook event page : https://facebook.com/events/495321081035681

Generative psychedelic visuals by ABM&D

2 hours of new music (plus)

Chat with Brian & other fans

Party favors dispensed at the end of the night

Come hang out ?

FB_IMG_1581376539650.jpg

FB_IMG_1581377388243.jpg

Edited by Mellow U
  • Like 3
7 minutes ago, Lada Laika said:

this starts right when I get off work!

Ahh, I'm so sorry! Logistically it's difficult to land a time when people on both sides of the pond can join in. 

• Like 1

Instabuy. Sounds like Ocean Lion and Sun Cast...count me in.

I’ll do my best to pop in to your listening sesh. 

• Like 1
On 2/10/2020 at 9:15 PM, Extralife said:

Instabuy.

Aww, thanks for such a potent and validating display of early support!

On 2/11/2020 at 12:58 AM, ARPA said:

lovely!

On 2/11/2020 at 6:42 AM, BCM said:

nice!

Thanks, both of you, for your enthusiasm as well!

Hope I see/speak to a few of you tomorrow. I'm spending the rest of this evening now setting everything up ahead of time.

• Like 1

Sorry I missed the stream...got a sick kid to take care of? 

Did snatch up one of the 2cds though...looking forward to diving in.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Extralife said:

Did snatch up one of the 2cds though

Thank you dude! No worries. Kids are more important! 

Thanks to everyone who made it out, had a great time. And thanks to everyone else supporting this record - just a few hours old and it's already number one on Bandcamp's charts for minimal /ambient /dub techno! 

https://coppicehalifax.bandcamp.com/album/tigress 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mellow U
      Yo WATMM heads, just pinging you here to letcha know that I have been in a housey-funk mood lately with Milieu and now there's an hour of stuff like this at Recycled Plastics. Recommended if you liked Shallow Earth, and bonus points to anyone who can trainspot any of the samples used here. Price capped at $5.55, also!
      Long distance hugs and virtual high fives,
      Your pal Brian
    • By Extralife
      https://recycledplastics.bandcamp.com/album/boredom-composed
      New compilation of tracks from the variety of aliases from resident polymath Brian Grainger aka Milieu/Coppice Halifax/Bike/etc. 
      Lush beats, merry melodies, spacey drones...what's not to love?

(also a great starting point into a VERY deep back catalogue for those who haven't dipped in yet.)

• By Mellow U
      Hello there WATMM,
      I am pleased to announce the first of two very special compilations of Milieu trax, assembled exclusively for release at the excellent Touched Music label. The two-volume Sunbather's Pharmacopeia is designed to appeal to both longtime listeners, first-timers and the casual consumer in between, and this first volume focuses on material from the earlier phase of the Milieu sound - the slow tempos, detuned synthesizers and bittersweet melodies.

As of right now, the release has only been announced via the Touched social media outlets, and there isn't anything on Bandcamp just yet. HOWEVER, a good amount of promo is being done, and some of it is the cool and interactive kind, so read on!
      To start, multiple videos have been made for some of the tracks on this collection, the first by Mr. Touched himself (and can only currently be viewed via the Touched Facebook page) and the second by Broken Machine Films (the in-house videographers at Illuminated Paths) which is soon to come. There may yet be more videos, but don't quote me because I'm not the one in charge of that department.
      Secondly, there will be a three-hour online event on the Touched Mixlr feed, on Friday July 26th, which consists of a DJ set from the talented Steve Brown (Combinations In Electronic Sound), a DJ set from myself (moonlighting as DJ Brian Damage) and then a screening of the Touched album. The link to the Touched Mixlr is here, and this will happen at 2PM Eastern Daylight time (7PM in the UK and 8PM in much of the rest of Europe). I will be hanging out in the chatroom at Mixlr to answer questions and shoot the breeze, likely with a couple shots of whiskey in my hand. If anyone here has attended the listening parties I did on Twitch for Sun Cast or Shallow Earth, this will be somewhat like that.
      And speaking of that last bit - depending on how the Mixlr show goes, and whether or not anyone there missed out, was late coming in, or still wants to listen to music and chat, I'll be willing to have an afterparty on my Twitch channel, where I might even break out the synths and drum machines and jam a bit, or play tracks, or whatever! Bedtime is relative in Milieu Land.
      Finally, I've answered some studio-related questions in an interview segment for Synthspotting (Twitter & Facebook) and given them a few badly lit photographs of what the studio looks like right now. I don't know when they will post their Milieu feature, but I will try to update this thread when it happens.
      So there you go - some cool Milieu-related things to look forward to soon. And definitely, if you can, check the DJ set out on Mixlr - it's not your usual DJ affair of just spinning records, but rather, more like an old hip-hop mixtape that takes loops from dozens of different tracks and uses them as building blocks for brand new grooves. I have done one previous DJ mix in this style and you can download that here. There also may or may not be a bootleg cassette containing both of the Brian Damage DJ sets coming out after the Touched release...
      More info posted here as it comes!

• By Extralife
      https://milieumusic.bandcamp.com/album/sun-cast

While I only just finished listening to this behemoth in full for the first time, I had to take a moment and drop words about this album here. 

A man many of you are familiar with 'round these parts has put together maybe the defining album of his very prolific career.  Of all the music I have been listening to lately (a LOT), no one album has captured my attention quite like this one.  Imagine this: a total runtime of 3 hrs and 23 minutes with NO filler.  Ambient washes, warm melodies, funky grooves -- it's all here.  

It's a lot of music, but so well worth the trip.  Check it out.
    • By Lada Laika
      Didn't see a post about this, but it's really been scratching my downtempo/ambient IDM itch today.

https://milieumusic.bandcamp.com/album/amtrax-plus