IGNORED

How does the world view Uganda these days?

ambermonk

Admittedly I'm by and large and ignorant muzungu, but there's no denying Uganda's contribution to memes.

But aside from that, I've also recently became a Patron of Wakaliwood, because I see true talent in Isaac Nabwane as a film director and his staff. Seriously tho, if you haven't seen Wakaliwood films, check them out.

I also remember meeting a girl from Uganda when I lived in Japan. She was cool af. Wish we could have gotten to hang out more.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I was once in a band that never got off the ground that may have been called Martyred in Uganda.

I clicked on this thread to post this exactly, but apparently I already had that covered 4 months ago.  Also, I already burgered that Ugandan Pasta alphabet vid post, but I have no recollection of watching it previously.  Amnesia's a bitch.

I know very little about Uganda, the african nations in general. They need better hype crews on tik tok.

15 hours ago, dingformung said:

I think Swahili sounds really nice. Has a nice rhythm to it and is one of the few languages that have the same R sound as English.

You ever heard Beijingers talk? Sounds like "harharharharhar". Swahili is positively Middle English in comparison.

The best (and only) band from uganda I have seen was Otim Alpha and his band at last years Supernormal Festival and they slayed.  They even have a boiler room set (he's the singer)

8 hours ago, Soloman Tump said:

The best (and only) band from uganda I have seen was Otim Alpha and his band at last years Supernormal Festival and they slayed.  They even have a boiler room set (he's the singer)

Two very based guys indeed. Also check out MC Yallah: https://open.spotify.com/album/0mtXByApT8A7ePNDoa00y1?si=jn82ZN8HSAu-z32f0Ml1Og

Archived